Swords of Central Genertela

M Helsdon

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, M Helsdon said:

Both appear on the front cover.

The layout is based on Harald's map of Mirin's Cross.

Looks like Jar-eel there with her lyre.  And marching along the Daughter's Road (upper level, I think).

And love the artwork!  

Edited by jajagappa

To mark the one year anniversary since its first publication, this is now available with a new wraparound cover by Mark Smylie.

The Armies and Enemies of Dragon Pass

The timeless appeal of the legends of the Hero Wars has resulted in an enduring interest in the period.

Surviving texts, supplemented by archaeological evidence, are used here as the basis of this reconstruction of the combatants of the initial phases of that world-shattering conflict.
Focused on Dragon Pass and the surrounding regions (Peloria, Pent, Prax and Maniria), this volume presents details of the warriors, soldiers and mercenaries of the opening periods of the Hero Wars, their arms and armor, their cultures, histories and organization, the terrain they traveled, the battlefields on which they fought, their fortifications, their magic, and their gods.

Army Lists provide details of the regiments and other entities that fought in this epic conflict, supplemented by numerous illustrations of the participants.

Bonus chapters:
  • Lunar Army Strength
  • Righteous War
  • Jar-eel Marches Forth from Mirin’s Cross

Warning: adult themes - some aspects of Bronze Age warfare may be distressing.
By Martin Helsdon with invaluable assistance from Jeff Richard. Based on the mythic universe created by Greg Stafford.

Winner of the 2019 Greg Stafford Memorial Award

Armies & Enemies new preview.png

Edited by M Helsdon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 7Tigers said:

Just in case for buyers: if you see several files for download, latest file is
Armies_and_Enemies_of_Dragon_Pass.pdf
not old
Armies_and_Enemies_of_Dragon_Pass_plus_covers.pdf
(DTRPG glitch)

The 'plus covers' was an early test file I didn't realise was visible; it has been deleted and should no longer appear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, M Helsdon said:

Wolf Pirate prow with cutwater ram.

Hmm, I don't like the wolf head on the stem post. Will redo it....

Wolf Pirate prow.png

I think the wolf-head is pretty good, actually!  Maybe shrink the nose a little, and make the canines a bit bigger?

I'd also consider making the ram another wolf, instead of a bear... or maybe not (because Harrek)?

C'es ne pas un .sig

1 hour ago, g33k said:

I'd also consider making the ram another wolf, instead of a bear... or maybe not (because Harrek)?

It's sort of a wolf-bear...

1 hour ago, g33k said:

I think the wolf-head is pretty good, actually!  Maybe shrink the nose a little, and make the canines a bit bigger?

I redrew it....

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 1/31/2019 at 4:42 PM, M Helsdon said:

Hell Sisters - wear skins and furs.

So when the Black Horse Troop fight the Hell Sisters, I am thinking both have the same or similar mounts and the Hell Sisters are witches of some magical potency are they able to overcome the Black Horse Troop as they are less magical in nature, the Black Horse Troop horseman that is or are they Hero Questers and this fight would be epic in battle/weaponry but also magical in nature?

This is the only post I saw with Hell Sister and rather than add a new thread it seemed appropriate to add...

Have they ever been in on opposing side in a battle and has anything been written on it?