Ty Kora Tek immediate family

Dimbyd

6 hours ago, Dimbyd said:

A question for the hivemind here- Ty Kora Tek is married to a darkness god and has a number of children. Do we have any canonical details on them?

The new GoG says

She took a terrible demon as her husband. With her husband, she had many children who serve her, and made herself the Goddess of the Underworld.

The Glorantha Sourcebook says:

Sometimes Iron God is said to be her husband, sometimes Lodril is, and sometimes it is Mostal. All those three have many reasons to be associated with the Goddess of Death within the earth.

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

1 hour ago, Dimbyd said:

Nothing to stop Ty Kora Tek having multiple husbands depending on the culture worshiping her. 

Though I usually associate multiple husbands (and loads of children) with the Earth Mother / fertility tropes, not Dark Mother / death tropes.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

4 hours ago, Akhôrahil said:

I'm surprised Ty Kora Tek is/was fertile, to be honest.

Asrelia and her sister were maidens once, too, and would have been mothers when Ernalda, Maran and Esrola were born to Asrelia. TKT's underworld spawn might stem from the same Age.

In the Underworld, some other forms of procreation are possible, too - creatures have been spawned when two parent entities rent one another (partially) to pieces.

As for the father, I wonder whether this might have been Vivamort/Nontraya before his deal with the Devil.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

1 hour ago, Joerg said:

Asrelia and her sister were maidens once, too, and would have been mothers when Ernalda, Maran and Esrola were born to Asrelia. TKT's underworld spawn might stem from the same Age.

My thought was more about the anti-fertile Dark Earth aspect rather than the age thing.

Maran Gor doesn't have any kids, or...?

Edited by Akhôrahil

2 hours ago, Akhôrahil said:

The Quakebeasts!!!

19 hours ago, Dimbyd said:

Ty Kora Tek is married to a darkness god and has a number of children. Do we have any canonical details on them?

I'd strongly consider who she dwells with in the Third Hell, GtG p.678

IV-8. Deshlotralas
God of the Third Underworld, Keeper of the Third Hell. He holds aloft the Bone of Power.
IV-9. Annara Gor
Goddess of the Third Underworld, Keeper of the Third Hell. Her hair is of serpents, and her clothing is in rags. She is also called Ugly Old woman. This is Ty Kora Tek, Goddess of the Dead and Queen of the Land of the Dead.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Akhôrahil said:

Quakebeasts? Mountains? Volcanos are her children with Lodril maybe?

EDIT: Oh, ha, Jajagappa beat me to it.

Edited by RHW

17 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

I'd strongly consider who she dwells with in the Third Hell, GtG p.678

IV-8. Deshlotralas
God of the Third Underworld, Keeper of the Third Hell. He holds aloft the Bone of Power.
IV-9. Annara Gor
Goddess of the Third Underworld, Keeper of the Third Hell. Her hair is of serpents, and her clothing is in rags. She is also called Ugly Old woman. This is Ty Kora Tek, Goddess of the Dead and Queen of the Land of the Dead.

Makes sense, though my money is on Bijiif.

Interesting stuff! 

Ty Kora Tek is Ernalda’s aunt, and death goddess to a number of races/ traditions which is why I speculated multiple husbands. Clearly she likes to keep secrets too, possibly even from the Keepers of the Dead.. 

I’m running an underworld heroquest on Sunday- well 2 clashing myths- so this is sparking off ideas.

Andrew

39 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

IV-9. Annara Gor

Which could also be linked with Azerlo, the wife of Derdromus in Pelandan mythology, who was seduced by ViSaruDaran (Lodril.)

(Of course, that myth of ViSaruDaran, Derdromus, and Azerlo is also very similar to the myth of Orlanth, Bistos, and Nira ("When Orlanth was Prisoner") with the heroic god even leaving a child with the underground woman. Veskerele for Azerlo and ViSaruDaran, Finovan for Nira and Orlanth.)

• Like 1

Sunday's session has been put back to this coming session, which is just as well with my current state of preparations. I'm using "Dead Point" and "Nontraya and the Undead Empire" as my starting points- page 19 of "Esrolia: the land of ten thousand goddesses". 

Ironically, one of the reasons why my preparation is behind is the rabbit hole of Ty Kora Tek's husband(s)- fair too interesting for me to focus.

• Like 1