Cyberpunk Styling

Kesendeja

No, there isn't. But...you could adapt the Super Power rules from the core rulebook into Cyberware. Basically just build an item with powers that do what you want. 

Another possibility might be to port over cyberware from another RPG (Cyperpunk for example). It's not all that hard to do- it's mostly translating values into the BRP equivalents. You could probably use SAN to handle Humanity loss, if you wanted to. For example, if a cyberware concealed pistol does the equivalent damage of a medium pistol in one RPG, it should do medium pistol damage in BRP. 

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

There are a couple of threads around here dealing with Cyberpunk. One of those led to me creating Cyberpunk 2046 , which might help get you started. After the discussions in the earlier threads, I devised "Techno Allegiance": rather than losing Humanity or SAN, the cybered-up character gains Techno Allegiance points (similar to other allegiances) and eventually leads to apotheosis as a "full borg" conversion.

Hope this helps.

Colin

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 16/03/2017 at 7:24 PM, Kesendeja said:

Is there a suplement that deals with cybernetic augmentation? I'd like to add it into a game, but none of my books deal with the subject. Any help would be appreciated, even if its just conversion notes.

There is a set of cyberpunk rules for Call of Cthulhu, which should be useable with the BGB. https://www.rpg.net/realm/cyber/rules.html If you have any of the old Cyberpunk 2020 stuff you can also find rules on converting from that system to Call of Cthulhu here. http://littlezeus.free.fr/jdr/CyberPunk - JdR/CyberPunk [ENG] - JdR/Cyberpunk 2020 - Interface Magazine 2.2.pdf    :)

http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

Although it's great to have a set of generic rules, I think Cyberspace may be a great setting niche for RD100 to get into. Especially with Bladerunner 2 on the horizon, it may be a genre that people want to get into again.

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

Whatever happened to Punktown, the seriously overdue Cyberpunk/Horror BRP kickstarter project? Did that ever get produced, or is it still in limbo after being nearly 4 years overdue?

The only thing else that comes to mind are the Augmentations from River of Heaven. They comprise biotech, cyberware, and nanotech. RoH uses OpenQuest as its baseline, and it would be trivial to import Augments and BioEnergy points into whatever BRP system you're using.

17 hours ago, rsanford said:

Does Revolution deal much with cybernetics? I seem to remember some examples in the book

The Weird Science sub-chapter can be used for cyberpunk in addition to steampunk. The rules are not specifically tailored to implants and nanotech, though.

Red Moon Rising will include some rules for Steampunk prosthetics, and that will be another good example.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

2 hours ago, K Peterson said:

Whatever happened to Punktown, the seriously overdue Cyberpunk/Horror BRP kickstarter project? Did that ever get produced, or is it still in limbo after being nearly 4 years overdue?

As of Feb 2017, the publisher still says it's coming...  "Real Soon Now"(tm).

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig