'Jeffed'?

The Hooded Claw

No, I didn’t realise that this was a sort of official updated list, I was going by your comment  ‘I think that means it's now awaiting art & layout; I don't know that it has / hasn't actually begun those processes.’ But thanks for the information, regardless.

25 minutes ago, Pnick said:

No, I didn’t realise that this was a sort of official updated list, I was going by your comment  ‘I think that means it's now awaiting art & layout; I don't know that it has / hasn't actually begun those processes.’ But thanks for the information, regardless.

I was just trying to expand a bit upon the minimalist status Chaosium provided ("done with editing" IIRC); that leaves a lot of steps which (particularly for projects whose last-mention date is old) may actually have begun since the time of the update.

Chaosium doesn't treat the list like an active project-management timeline, with each item getting daily/weekly/etc updates.

Instead, it's just a collection-point where info (mentioned by various people, in various venues) gets collected, and when new/revised info gets mentioned, the list in the OP gets updated.  There's even info from freelancers on the list (such as Shannon's Mastodon remark).

If nobody happens to mention a project (and AFAIK Chaosium doesn't make sure every project in the queue gets mentioned regularly) then it doesn't get updated... maybe even never appears on the list (or appears only very-late in the production-cycle)...  RBoM, iirc, didn't appear until it was in layout&art.

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 8 months later...
9 hours ago, Pnick said:

2024. And still asking for a friend. A year later I can assume that Robin’s edited submission was kicked into the long grass.

As previously noted, the place to check is the Upcoming Glorantha publications thread.
It's past editing which means it is likely up to art commissioning and delivery. It's not in layout yet (and you can see which works are), and until it's in layout we will not know a projected release date. But it is reasonably high in the queue (and it's a large queue).

On 11/18/2019 at 3:18 PM, The Hooded Claw said:

I have a suspicion that we have now moved out of the era where Runequest fans were always in danger of being 'Gregged' only for it to be replaced by one where the game is now being 'Jeffed'. I suspect that the bottleneck to getting a steady stream of product is Jeff's desire to 'dot the i's and cross the t's' on every single word of Glorantha that comes out of Chaosium. I'm guessing that that (despite the intention of the huge Gloranthan Guide doubling as a handbook for writers, freeing them to produce stuff without needing an editor on the shoulder at every turn) is the reason why there is a dearth of RQG stuff on the shelf.

The Jonstown Compendium has shown that a lot of people don't really care what Jeff says and publish usable Gloranthan material anyway. Of course, we do care what Jeff says, but we don't let that get in the way of a good story, campaign or scenario. If Chaosium bring out their versions of areas detailed in the Jonstown Compendium then that would be excellent, and we wouldn't care about being Jeffed.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

I'm shutting this thread down. Greg hated the term "Gregged" and I feel the same thing about "Jeffed." Complain about specific things I've done, but lets not have a broad abstract thread.  

• Like 4

• Jeff locked this topic