What is a "Shaman"?

Shiningbrow

keep it simple

it is really easy from an "archaic male" perspective to become a female, you just have to cut what exceeds.

And it is a bloody sacrifice, exactly what these goddesses want.

I would say that trying to change sex by other mean (magic, potion, ...) for initiation purpose  is just an attempt to avoid a pain. This pain is a price to pay for what you were : a man, a danger, maybe a vilain or just a member of a dangerous community (the men) for women that now you want to protect or avenge.

You don't want the pain, you are a trickster. I m not sure Babs would appreciate her initiates to work like Eurmal

(Of course IRL,  I don't share it, be male / female is not a question of joystick, and I consider guilt should be based on facts, not inheritance, aspect or chromosome )

1 hour ago, PhilHibbs said:

There'll be a Eurmal "Become Female" spell, which combined with Extension might do the trick. Or maybe not, if you go by the strict "It's not stackable therefore no Extension" rule. The priestess test probably takes longer than 15 minutes. 

I laughed.  Out loud.

Eurmal would totally pull that trick.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

it is really easy from an "archaic male" perspective to become a female, you just have to cut what exceeds.

Eurmal has spells for severing body parts, with Extension applicable.

Removing his penis and having to look for it is a classic for Eurmal. No idea whether the scrotum would normally be retained or removed as well (in order to pass the test it had better be missing).

But then, the Eurmali might possibly still detect as functionally male, only displaced. But that's what Lie is for.

3 hours ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

And it is a bloody sacrifice, exactly what these goddesses want.

Sure. Maran isn't quite as eager for self-mutilation as is Gerra in her descending step pyramid (with aztec parallels intended, from talks with Greg), but getting rid of the nasty bits and feeding them to the Dark Earth is rather implicit in the name "Gor". (Unless used by John Norman where it stands for the opposite...)

Telling how it is excessive verbis

1 minute ago, Crel said:

My adventurers found it in the marketplace once. Still aren't sure where it belonged.

Probably was on a solo quest. Going through so many hands (and possibly naughtier parts)...

Telling how it is excessive verbis

On 3/11/2020 at 7:46 AM, Crel said:

My adventurers found it in the marketplace once. Still aren't sure where it belonged.

This is probably where someone gotta ask if everyone knows the King Missile song (spoken song) "detachable penis" ?

Seemslike I was hearing it a lot for a while, but it's been quite a while now...

C'es ne pas un .sig

1 hour ago, g33k said:

This is probably where someone gotta ask if everyone knows the King Missile song (spoken song) "detachable penis" ?

Seemslike I was hearing it a lot for a while, but it's been quite a while now...

You're suggesting that wasn't most people's first thought...

1 hour ago, Shiningbrow said:

You're suggesting that wasn't most people's first thought...

Thing is... I don't actually know how widely that got heard.

I know it was "everywhere" at one time... for values of "everywhere" that at that time, for me, were contained in maybe a 30x100 mile stretch of northern California.

I'm pretty sure I should NOT regard NorCal as a reliable indicator of the larger world... not at any point in time.

C'es ne pas un .sig