Ethilrist

jajagappa

5 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Evidently the place is a seat of power until the White Bear shows up?

Depends on what you mean by "seat of power". It's Ethilrist's home, but aside from the Black Horse troop and whoever serves them, it's a pretty isolated place.

13 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

Ethilrist is not working to be the ruler of Dragon Pass.

Didn't think so either. We have lot's of "seats of power", the Dwarves, the Undead swamp guy, the dragonewts, the Sun Domers, etc. in Dragon Pass not trying to take over but to maintain their independence rather. 

Recalling he attacks the lunars as soon as his agreed alliance time has passed IIRC, didn't he along with the Horse Queen sack a Lunar city? name and date I do not recall.

On 6/27/2023 at 12:46 PM, Erol of Backford said:

Not actually eating but the act then? I am sure I was reading that you become tainted by doing chaotic things like eating human flesh.

Some people believe that, personally I am not a fan of the idea and it doesn't happen in my Glorantha.

The related item to this thread for me was why not feed the Black Horses broo and other chaos tainted beings since they are demonic and would not become tainted?

Many creatures won't eat chaos creatures, for fear that it could taint them. I am not sure that this applies to demons from Hell.

But wait, there are chaos demons?

Of course, and they are quite nasty indeed. There were some examples in an old Wyrms Footnotes, I think.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 7/2/2023 at 10:37 AM, Erol of Backford said:

Recalling he attacks the lunars as soon as his agreed alliance time has passed IIRC, didn't he along with the Horse Queen sack a Lunar city? name and date I do not recall.

It was Dunstop, but I'm not sure of the date

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, dumuzid said:

if mortal trolls can manage it, I reckon their demon cousins can too

Keep going back to the one sage apprentice article where he goes to Stone Wood and sees trolls pulling the legs off a scorpionman, they seal the wounds then, taking the white fluffy meat from the tail and abdomen and dipping it into butter... love that one.