Best cult for skald?

Soccercalle

I player wants to create a character that is sort of a storyteller/musician/jester that makes funs songs about the adventurers. My first thought was that Eurmal is a good cult. But I later realised that Eurmal tricksters can be hard to roleplay in a group. I will start with the "Six Seasons in Sartar" campaign so it must be an Orlanthi god.

What can be good alternatives to Eurmal? Lhankor Mhy (master of lores) or Issaries (good of communication)?

If Eurmal I think that the character should be some kind of apprentice to the Eurmal skald who is part of the leadership in the Haraborn clan in "Six Seasons".

The player is a very experienced role player but new to Glorantha.

the easiest way is Orlanth (it allows the player to play the artist mask but can become something else )

Of course is the player has no issue to focus everything in danse, song and music, and let the others fights, at least at the beginning, Donandar is a good choice too (better ?)

Donandar itself was described (with magic, etc..) in previous version of cults book.

a discussion in this forum too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Soccercalle said:

Thanks. Is there an official (or at least "semi-official") write-up of Drogarsi or Donandor anywhere?

The Glorantha Classic Cult Compendium has the Donandar write-up (I think originally published in Different Worlds). For RQ2 or made in preparation for RQ3 Gods of Glorantha, close enough to "official until superseded.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

On 1/7/2022 at 6:40 AM, Joerg said:

The Glorantha Classic Cult Compendium has the Donandar write-up (I think originally published in Different Worlds). For RQ2 or made in preparation for RQ3 Gods of Glorantha, close enough to "official until superseded.

Yeah; until the new volumes come out, Cult Compendium is IMHO essential for all manner of "interesting" character-concepts.

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 1/7/2022 at 4:16 AM, yojimbo said:

Drogarsi the Skald, a sub-cult of Donandar and Orlanth. In RQ, you want the Donandar cult.

Actually playing a Vingan Skald of the Drogarsi sub-cult now. Not much to detail yet. Early Days.

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!