Show me your homebrew magic items and enchanted weapons for RQ:G!

Nicochan

24 minutes ago, Godlearner said:

How powerful do you want them? We added a number in the Holiday Dorastor series.

I'm trying to create some useful, circumstantial weapons.

For example, a weapon associated with the Foundchild and the Death rune that can "mark" the target, giving bonuses to the other party members, or to the next blow.

Or a weapon that hosts an animal spirit and thus imitates some of the special attacks of some of the animals in the bestiary.

I also read somewhere that many GMs/narrators usually create weapons that have a permanent version of a spirit magic (e.g. a Sword with permanent Bladesharp 1)

13 minutes ago, Nicochan said:

I also read somewhere that many GMs/narrators usually create weapons that have a permanent version of a spirit magic (e.g. a Sword with permanent Bladesharp 1)

Well, there is little need for that since you can just bind a spirit with a Bladesharp spell.

Strap-on plate armour. One piece of a strange feeling (almost furry) strap  on one side of the armour (chest/back plate, greave or vambrace) simply grabs onto another strap. A strange ripping/tearing sound emanates when.pulling them apart.

Makes donning and doffing armour significantly faster and easier.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

13 hours ago, Nicochan said:

I need inspiration for my exotic merchants.

My players and I like loot and special weapons, armors and artifacts.

I own the Weapons & Equipment manual but there's not much in it

You may also enjoy Plunder (RQ2 but fully compatible)Contents from Plunder, More Plunder & others here.

There's also the Plunder competition on this site that has four pages of items.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

4 minutes ago, David Scott said:

You may also enjoy Plunder (RQ2 but fully compatible)Contents from Plunder, More Plunder & others here.

There's also the Plunder competition on this site that has four pages of items.

This is awesome! I also bought the Treasures of Glorantha pdf but there are not "common" magic weapons, aka something more powerful than a base weapon, but not too rare or broken

Show me your homebrew magic items and enchanted weapons for RQ:G!

I intend to go through my stack of Index Cards of Soltak Stormspear's Magic Items, at some point, rewriting them for RQG and making them generic.

However, it may take some time, as I have to find and transcribe them, in addition to the many items I already have.

21 hours ago, Godlearner said:

How powerful do you want them? We added a number in the Holiday Dorastor series.

21 hours ago, Godlearner said:

Here is couple:

image.png.c594e272d2188a717ed4543fa40fc3a5.png

All of the Holiday Dorastor series, and also Secrets of Dorastor and the Book of Doom, have assorted Magic Items.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Back in RQ3, I invented a pair of boots with a sorcerous magic spirit bound to it. The magic spirit knew Bless Boots and Animate Leather. The boots would fix themselves to anyone who tried them on due to the Animate Leather - making them the most comfortable boots you ever wore. You could take them off as well. The boots also constantly had Bless Boots 4, giving a 20 bonus to all boot-related skills. Which made them very nice indeed.

Those spells are not yet defined for RQG. They may be active these days, so the magic spirit wouldn't be likely to keep them both active on its bound object.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

27 minutes ago, JustAnotherVingan said:

You can make a better matrix than +1 too.

Not everyone can summon and bind a spirit and there is a limit to the number of bound spirits a character can have.

Is a spirit inhabiting a weapon automatically subjugated to the will of the wielder? Does he have to attune to the weapon/spirit? Does that spirit count towards the limit of the bounded spirits a character can have?

1 hour ago, Nicochan said:

Is a spirit inhabiting a weapon automatically subjugated to the will of the wielder? Does he have to attune to the weapon/spirit? Does that spirit count towards the limit of the bounded spirits a character can have?

There are lots of exceptions in terms of special items that don't follow the normal rules but the normal rules on spirits bound into objects are quite limiting. 

The main points are in RQG p249-250.

• Anyone in contact with the item can communicate with the spirit and command it to use its abilities.
  • If it must be released from an item to use its abilities (eg an elemental) unless an appropriate control spell is used it will perform one function then be free. If a control spell is used it will serve for the duration of the spell then return to the object.
  • Spirits are bound by the life force of the binder. If the binder dies the spirit is freed.
  • Spirits bound into objects count towards the character's limit on bound spirits. 
  • Helpful 1

5 hours ago, JustAnotherVingan said:

• Spirits are bound by the life force of the binder. If the binder dies the spirit is freed.
  • Spirits bound into objects count towards the character's limit on bound spirits. 

What of the characters find a lost weapon/armor/item with a spirit inside it, binder still alive somewhere else in the world: does the spirit count towards the binder's limit or the character's?

6 minutes ago, Nicochan said:

What of the characters find a lost weapon/armor/item with a spirit inside it, binder still alive somewhere else in the world: does the spirit count towards the binder's limit or the character's?

According to the rules the binders limit which means they will want it back and you are unlikely to be able to pay someone to bind a spirit for you.

On 3/18/2022 at 3:07 PM, Nicochan said:

I need inspiration for my exotic merchants.

My players and I like loot and special weapons, armors and artifacts.

I own the Weapons & Equipment manual but there's not much in it

I have made very few.  But the one than I am most amused  by was taken from some tusk riders three or four Gloranthan years ago:  it's a jade sex toy, also a matrix for an Ulerian rune spell.  It's going to become relevant to the campaign about a Gloranthan year from now, one of the longest-term pieces of campaign planning I have done. 

Edited by Squaredeal Sten
as usual, a typo first time around.
  • Haha 2