Lands of RuneQuest: Dragon Pass will be available in October

MOB

Runequest

We're excited to announce the first book in our new RuneQuest sub-line "Lands of RuneQuest"!

Lands of RuneQuest: Dragon Pass will be available in October!

Which homeland are you most excited to read about?

• Like 10

Confining oneself to the human lands of Dragon Pass, the choices are:

• Grazelands
  • Lunar Tarsh
  • Old Tarsh (Exiles and Far Place - judging by the Mythology mao)
  • Sartar

Minor homelands might include:

• Black Horse County
  • Sun Dome County
  • Red Dragon Valley

Sufficient information exists for

• Stinking Forest 
  • Tusk Riders
  • Durulz
  • Dwarf Mine
  • Dagori Inkarth
  • Telmori

More information is needed for

• Beast Valley
  • Dragonewts

I mean.... All of them. But especially Black Horse County.

Is this what turned into the Sartar Sourcebook? 

Also, did we go back to having release dates again? Cool 😎 

Edited by KungFuFenris

Søren A. Hjorth https://thenarrativeexploration.wordpress.com/
- Freelancer Writer, Cultural Distributer, Font of Less Than Useless Knowledge
- Accidental Contributor

1 hour ago, brionl said:

So what is in a "Lands of Runequest" book?

This is the publisher's blurb on the pre-release sites:

Enter the Domain of Magic and Myth!

• Within the world of Glorantha lies Dragon Pass, an intensely magical region home to war and wonder, the birthplace of gods. Lands of RuneQuest: Dragon Pass is a player and gamemaster expansion for the signature setting of Bronze Age Fantasy.
  • New and expanded Homelands for your RuneQuest adventurer, including Sartar, Esrolia, Lunar Tarsh, the Grazelands, Wintertop, and the Wilds.
  • The detailed history of Dragon Pass, from the fabled God Time to its occupation by the mighty Lunar Empire.
  • Additional guidelines for character creation, including new occupations and backgrounds for your RuneQuest adventurer.
  • Detail on villages, towns, cities, ruins, and places of interest throughout Dragon Pass-perfect for running a sandbox-style RuneQuest campaign.
  • New creatures, monsters, and spirits to encounter.
  • A roster of famous and generic characters to include in adventures of your own devising.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 3

On 6/21/2024 at 7:14 AM, MOB said:

Esrolia! I want more artwork of that country outside Notchet.

Speaking of art, the front cover: I can't see if the Orlanthi/Vingan is Vasana and the Earth Priestess could be Yanioth but who are the other two? Chances are it could be four completely new characters! Does anyone know for sure who the characters depicted are?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RicKaySi said:

I can't see if the Orlanthi/Vingan is Vasana and the Earth Priestess could be Yanioth but who are the other two?

I'd guess the Earth Priestess is Yanioth and the Orlanthi is Vasana. The hunter on the left is probably Nathem. The warrior might be a Yelmalion given the spear and appears to be bearded (maybe it's Rurik from RQ Classic 🙂 )

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sir Erwin said:

I really like the cover art!

Yeah I was thinking the cover is maybe the first piece of art in RQ:G that gets across that Genertela is kind of American looking/climate in places, it's cool. Feels very real.
I'm not sure how you describe them, but the like banded sediment rocks/cliffs and the sparse evergreen trees always make me think of America. I'm not sure why, maybe westerns (especially Red Dead Redemption) and looney tunes backgrounds that are lodged in memory from when I was young.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 4:41 PM, smiorgan said:

And where is the uber-map? Dragon Pass or Sartar? I fell in love with the Starter Set map and I want more!

Do you have the MIG3 PDF? the cover image is much larger than is displayed, you can copy it out and save it.

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, KungFuFenris said:

what "The Wilds" entail.

I'd guess that would include: Beast Valley, Black Horse County, Forest of Fabulous Beasts, parts of Dagori Inkarth, and whatever other marginal lands exist within.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 1:14 AM, MOB said:

Lands of RuneQuest: Dragon Pass will be available in October!

The Holy Country is my preference for the next Lands book.  Especially Heortland.

After that, the "West" Makionist lands in general.  Perhaps working from east to west.

And Pamaltela ought not to be forgotten.  Since it is a whole 2d continent, how about an overview and then regional books?

As the timeline advances it is getting to be time for Peloria.  We need it to work through Argrath crashing the Red Moon.

Edited by Squaredeal Sten
Spelling / typing
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Squaredeal Sten said:

The Holy Country is my preference for the next Lands book.  Especially Heortland.

After that, the "West" Makionist lands in general.  Perhaps working from east to west.

And Pamaltela ought not to be forgotten.  Since it is a whole 2d continent, how about an overview and then regional books?

As the timeline advances it is getting to be time for Peloria.  We need it to work through Argrath crashing the Red Moon.

The next "Lands of" book will be Prax.  I have zero doubt of that.  Prax has always received a lot of attention, and the opportunity to cut/paste most of the book will be too tempting. 

The Holy Country is a solid choice for the next one, if there is a next one.  My money would be on the Lunar Heartlands, though.

They don't really expect people to center their games in Pamaltela, so I doubt we'll get even one regional book.  I'm sure it won't receive multiple.  I would love to see a regional book and a cults book for the unloved second continent.  Lots of potential there.

Given that Prax was back from editing in November 2022, it seems likely to be next; the interesting question is if the Paris and Prax volume(s) (which it looks like Jeff is working on based on his Facebook posts) will be given the Lands of RuneQuest branding, or something else. See the thread for the full list with last know status-

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jason Farrell said:

The next "Lands of" book will be Prax.  I have zero doubt of that.  Prax has always received a lot of attention, and the opportunity to cut/paste most of the book will be too tempting ...

I'm pretty sure there's a "Kingdom of Sartar" book coming before Prax; don't know if it's coming out under the "Lands of..." sub-branding.

I dunno if you're aware, but Prax has been getting a lot of time & effort from David.
He's posted a bunch of maps, Great-Flood &c; his "The Praxian Tradition" graphic is stunningly full of info!  And the "Prax and the thousand questions of the place" thread has a bunch of info from him (and others).  I believe he's the primary author of the "Praxpak" manuscript; dunno how much of any prior text is being  re-used.

• Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

Really cool. I expected we would only have cult books until all were released, I'm pleased that you are going to intercalate some others.

BTW, I love the serialized branding, IDK why, but it feels nice. Will we see a "Races of RuneQuest: Trolls"? 😄

I imagine the next one on this line will be Prax, as that and DP are the most worked settings. Next I bet on Kethaela, then Lunar Provinces, then who knows. I'd love to see the mysterious West Reaches, but we will have to wait for the "Cults of RuneQuest: The Invisible God" book before that.

Edited by Jape_Vicho

:50-power-truth::50-sub-light::50-power-truth: