Monkey Ruins? or somewhere in Fonrit?

jajagappa

On 5/25/2017 at 6:51 PM, MOB said:

BTW Andrey Fetisov is currently working on an awesome full-page color pic of the Monkey Ruins, for the 13th Age in Glorantha book. Looking forward to sharing it!

13G core?  Or GS?  Or ... ?

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 5/30/2017 at 7:14 AM, MOB said:

Andrey's Monkey Ruins pic is shaping up beautifully! A few tweaks to be made to the foreground, but here's the top 1/4 of the piece:

592cf0ac12c59_ScreenShot2017-05-30at9_35_05am.png.d36b8360f11c5b18b14a5785bce75ac7.png

Awesome. First pic that fits with my view of Glorantha 100%

• Like 2

6 hours ago, metcalph said:

The Coloassal Baboon head is wearing a Nemes head cloth.   Egyptian style finally turns up in glorantha.

Given the city is said to be the ruined capital of the great Monkey Empire, I asked Andre to get a bit of an Ozymandius element into the pic.

18 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Presumably for the 13th Age in Glorantha book, not the Glorantha Sourcebook.

This pic was commissioned for the 13th Age in Glorantha core rule book.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MOB said:

Given the city is said to be the ruined capital of the great Monkey Empire, I asked Andre to get a bit of an Ozymandius element into the pic.

This pic was commissioned for the 13th Age in Glorantha core rule book.

Thanks!  I had inferred that, but wasn't 100% certain.

Great piece!  Kudo's to the artist (and the art direction (and ultimately to Greg)).

C'es ne pas un .sig

18 hours ago, Iskallor said:

After a heroquest in one of my games the Monkey ruins are now filled with Banana trees.

... and startlingly, a Praxian Beast-Rider is High Priestess in one of the temples there, "Carmian Randa, Dancer of Fruit."

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, MOB said:

We just posted the full finished pic in the latest update over on the 13th Age in Glorantha Kickstarter, so here are the Monkey Ruins in all their glory:

01508f5cb2edd18d137b18411657f68c_origina

Just brilliant!

This is Prax - dusty, sandy, hot sun/cool shade, hint of past monkey epic glories in the ruins. A real sense of Baboon culture & daily life,and atmospheric perspective. I'm there.  *wipes tear from eye*

Andrey Festov, has  exceptional skill, vision and adaptability, He's really getting Glorantha. Love the mundane details, brings the baboon culture to life. Reminds me of the River of Cradles cover a little which had the native newtling fishermen at work on the river.

• Like 1

The baboons of the Monkey Ruins say the fallen ape-head statue in the background is of the great Apeymandius, King of Kings, look on my works ye Mighty, and despair, etc... Others (Philip Robin Hibbs) claim the Monkey King's name was actually Ozymandrill...

• Like 6

Ah oobidoo, I wanna be like you oo...

There can be only king of the monkeys. At least this side of the Wastes. All hail Ozymandlouee.

Looking at the video, I wonder how this could translate to the Praxian border. Jungle - not really, not even in the Golden Age/Storm Age, but at least plenty of trees then. Shadowcat companion: check, although Yinkin is a bit too big in his Bagheera shape. Telmori fosterage - that sounds quite modern. Bear companion - sounds Sylilan to me. Vultures - check. Seductive Earth Serpent - check. Longnoses - perhaps half a check. Big bad feline as opposition - should be maned rather than striped. Oakfed released - that's what Louee was asking for, wasn't it?

Telling how it is excessive verbis