Hi

From time to time I need scenarios play tested. As members of the Cult of Chaos are some of the most experienced Keepers around, it makes sense to ask if any of you would be up for play testing scenarios as and when needed.

A note about play testing:

Usually things need to be play tested fairly quickly - anything from 2 weeks to 2 months. Also, feedback needs to be concise and to the point - rather than a blow by blow of how a game went (who did what etc.)

I need bullet point comments noting where things:

• didn't make sense
  • were wrong mechanically
  • where there is a big error (factual or otherwise)
  • where narrative logic breaks down (e.g. the text says "Tim" is in this scene, but "Tim" was killed two scenes previously, or "John Smith" is an NPC, but later in the text the name has suddenly changed to "Jack Smith", or John Smith is mentioned as being important in the introduction but is never again mentioned in the text).
  • plus, was it easy to follow and make sense of, and did the players enjoy it.

Of course, I need feedback as quickly as possible once the game has been played.

Lastly, those play testing (Keeper and players) must respect a Non-Disclosure Agreement.

If you think that you could deliver this type of feedback and are willing to try out the odd scenario from time to time, then please just post a short comment below (and ensure your BRP Central profile includes your contact email). I will draw from those reponding and send out invites accordingly.

Many thanks

Mike Mason

Call of Cthulhu Line Editor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I suffered religious perjury by playing Call of Cthulhu and spent a few years away from the game's public activities.

Is it still possible to join the playtest list? 

I would love to do the playtest of scenarios. I usually play one to three times a week with my regular group. Now, I must open a day to teach beginners in CoC to learn about the game.

Taking advantage of the topic: I remember my password to enter the Cult of Chaos forum, but I do not remember the password to enter The Chaos Library or competitions forums. Is there a chance so I can recover the password? I'm scouring my e-mail, but I'm not finding it.

An analog guy
fscontato0@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 7:19 PM, Fábio Silva said:

I suffered religious perjury by playing Call of Cthulhu and spent a few years away from the game's public activities.

Very sorry to hear that!

On 4/11/2019 at 7:19 PM, Fábio Silva said:

... I remember my password to enter the Cult of Chaos forum, but I do not remember the password to enter The Chaos Library or competitions forums. Is there a chance so I can recover the password? I'm scouring my e-mail, but I'm not finding it.

I believe they all use the same password (same as the general Cult password).

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...