Deaths at the Dragonrise

davecake

Who died at the Dragonrise?

I know that Tatius, Scarlet Enerian, Kangharl, all died.

I've heard the Seven of Vistur died.

I gather Appius Luxius, Head of the Provincial government, dies. 

Who else? Does Icilius Overholy die? Does Quinscion the Patient die? Which other local Kings die? Which regimental commanders? Anyone have a bigger list?

Appius Luxius is there, as well as Icilius Overholy.  Probably Anqus Farquinils and Dagius Furius.  Quinscion is not there, but dies in the aftermath of the Dragonrise while trying to get out of Mirin's Cross with imperial regalia and various records.  He's drowned in the Oslir when the surge of draconic energy stirs the Blue Dragon and submerges his boat.

Probably most of the Lunar-leaning tribal kings are there and killed.  Kangharl, the kings of the Locaem, Balmyr, Enstalos, and possibly Sambari.  Count Serternas of the Vanntar Sun Dome.

(We know that the kings/queens of the Malani, Culbrea, and Cinsina are not there as they are subsequently at the Battle of the Queen.)

Much of the priesthood of the Provincial Church including most key leaders of the Seven Mothers cult, leaders of the Reaching Moon temple from Furthest. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, RHW said:

Minaryth Purple also dies during the Dragonrise (after being one its engineers).

True, but he was revived. All that was missing were the heels of his boots, and he didn't die from the dragon, but in the combats that the questers had to survive. Minaryth's role was critical - he had to calculate the Path Umath / Orlanth's Ring  would have taken across the constellations in a week when the dancers only moved along in a day's rhythm. When I played this in a pre-test game with/by Ian Cooper at Kraken two years ago (or is it three now?), Minaryth was lost when we encountered the Shargash / Red Planet representant who helpfully came to complete the Umath events of the Copper Tablets.

Edited by Joerg

Telling how it is excessive verbis

On 1/17/2019 at 8:39 AM, Joerg said:

True, but he was revived. All that was missing were the heels of his boots, and he didn't die from the dragon, but in the combats that the questers had to survive.

I don't think we revived him, and if so that was probably a "lucky roll' game thing over any attempt to express a secret. I am pretty sure that he dies at the Dragonrise and doesn't come back.

• 1 year later...
On 12/26/2018 at 10:23 AM, jajagappa said:

(We know that the kings/queens of the Malani, Culbrea, and Cinsina are not there as they are subsequently at the Battle of the Queen.). 

According to the Sourcebook at least there's a change in tribal leadership for the Cinsina by the time of the Battle of Queens, their section of the army is lead by Farandar Red Cow, who I presume is Orendalson, but nothing in print currently describes the fate of Ivartha as far as I know. She's not exactly a lunar toady but could she have been at the dragonrise, not necessarily a casualty but present?

Edited by nabda
I don't know why this was centered

4 hours ago, nabda said:

According to the Sourcebook at least there's a change in tribal leadership for the Cinsina by the time of the Battle of Queens, their section of the army is lead by Farandar Red Cow, who I presume is Orendalson, but nothing in print currently describes the fate of Ivartha as far as I know.

I was thinking she was at Battle of the Queens, but she may have died in Kallyr's failed LBQ in Sacred Time prior - a lot of other older characters die there too.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Puckohue said:

Could you drop a few names please?

Look at KoS p.200-201 Kallyr's Companions, and then remove Minaryth (who died in the Dragonrise) and Orlaront (who was exiled and joined Argrath).  Orngerin and Elmalandti are the most notable as they appeared in the HQ Sartar Rising series.

Leader: Kallyr Starbrow Loriconsdotter
Watchman: Insterid Fire Eyes, of the Blackrock
Porter: Orngerin Holdfast, of the Greenhaft

Scout: Orlaront Dragonfriend of the Jerending
Fireman: Randella Offirsdotter, of the Blackrock
Waterman: Elmalandti, of the Blue Spruce
Cook: Olende Endalsson, of the farther Squat Oak

Caster: Minaryth Purple, of Jonstown
Healer: Ernaldesta the Vigorous, of the Elkenval
Singer: Oranda Laugh‑or‑cry, of the White Quartz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1