Does an Uz s**t in the woods?

g33k

... or anywhere, really?

I mean, that whole "black eater" thing, and what-goes-into-the-dark-doesn't-come-back-out, and etc etc etc ...

Biologically, "excretion" is getting rid of the indigestible parts of what you consume... But trolls seem to digest everything.  So... no undigested parts to excrete?

So they don't "do" anything excretory... anywhere?

Enquiring Minds are pretty sure they're gonna regret it, frankly... But they still wanna know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

"Inorganic dirt is expelled," according to Thorloss the Scribbler's contribution to TROLLPAK.

This seems to still have enough nutritional value to keep a trollkin alive but unhappy, but after that point it's probably leeched completely free of organic compounds. IMG it smells like pool purification tablets and makes aldryami high from the nitrogen rush.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

singer sing me a given

Very important question!!

"We set an ambush... I wait until one of the troll/kins goes into the bushes to crap, then silently kill him".

6 hours later... "Oh come on!!!!!!! One of you...!!!"

(*yes, I know Uz wouldn't care about where they do it.... especially in the woods!)

Edited by Shiningbrow
  • Like 2

On 7/21/2019 at 6:17 PM, g33k said:

... or anywhere, really?

I mean, that whole "black eater" thing, and what-goes-into-the-dark-doesn't-come-back-out, and etc etc etc ...

Biologically, "excretion" is getting rid of the indigestible parts of what you consume... But trolls seem to digest everything.  So... no undigested parts to excrete?

So they don't "do" anything excretory... anywhere?

Enquiring Minds are pretty sure they're gonna regret it, frankly... But they still wanna know.

Uzuz MIGHT be able to digest all that they consume, but I doubt it - they are still man-rune beings, and barring a significant mythological reason not to, will still produce waste.

Uzko certainly do - their digestion is quite impressive compared to humans, but not nearly perfect. I suspect that your average troll would produce roughly the same quantity of waste as a human, while eating roughly three times as much, given the chance.  

[possible TMI WARNING: you might not really want to know this part]
In most clans, an Uzkos "leavings" are consumed by their trollkin. "Visit the pens" is a common euphemism. Better quality trollkin obviously prefer to augment their diet with pretty much anything else they can get their hands on, but lower-status worker and food types may find themselves entirely coprophagous. Eventually, after several cycles through the weakest of the food trollkin, what you have left over is basically just sand. 

As a consequence, Trolls can support large populations in quite tight quarters without the plumbing or other sanitary infrastructure that humans would need. Before the curse of kin, it is likely that a communities weakest and most desperate uzko would take the role, but modern Uzko don't care to speculate too closely on the subject.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, boztakang said:

Uzuz MIGHT be able to digest all that they consume, but I doubt it - they are still man-rune beings, and barring a significant mythological reason not to, will still produce waste.

Uzko certainly do - their digestion is quite impressive compared to humans, but not nearly perfect. I suspect that your average troll would produce roughly the same quantity of waste as a human, while eating roughly three times as much, given the chance.  

In most clans, an Uzkos "leavings" are consumed by their trollkin. "Visit the pens" is a common euphemism. Better quality trollkin obviously prefer to augment their diet with pretty much anything else they can get their hands on, but lower-status worker and food types may find themselves entirely coprophagous. Eventually, after several cycles through the weakest of the food trollkin, what you have left over is basically just sand. 

As a consequence, Trolls can support large populations in quite tight quarters without the plumbing or other sanitary infrastructure that humans would need. Before the curse of kin, it is likely that a communities weakest and most desperate uzko would take the role, but modern Uzko don't care to speculate too closely on the subject.

So, if food trollkin are only eating...

And the trolls are eating the food trollkin......

That means.........    

10 hours ago, boztakang said:

Darkness is all about rot, fermentation etc., and  it would be weird for the primal women of darkness not to pass on darkened (fermented) stuff.

Digesting everything sounds like annihilation, and that's something that trolldom has resisted since the beginning.

Thorloss' report on troll diet in captivity clearly states that the trollkin got fed the feces of the dark troll captive. He doesn't mention the whereabouts of the excretions of the trollkin, though.

Trolls herd insects, and a lot of insects or insect larvae thrive in excrements, too. There is a good probability that insect herding trolls will reserve some of their excrement for their herds to nist in, at least afer the second pass. Likewise, the fungal farms of black elves or ants will thrive on excrement, too.

A visit to the pens might just as well lead to the maggotry than into trollkin territory, and I think that this would have been true even before Yelm devastated Wonderhome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis