Site Introductions

Trifletraxor

Thanks everyone for the welcome. This is probably one of the nicest forums I've ever been to...

Welcome bartmoss :)

As for the game, I am desperately looking for some beta playtesters since most folks I know play D20 :mad: and don't want to learn a "new" game or they are involved in long term games...

The only issue is that I would eventually like to get it published, but failing that, it will be placed under creative commons and able to be freely downloaded. To be honest the only reason that I would like it to be published is to offset the costs of the artwork I want to put in it...I am a big believer in artwork setting the "mood" of the game...

-STS

Thanks everyone for the welcome. This is probably one of the nicest forums I've ever been to...

:D

As for the game, I am desperately looking for some beta playtesters since most folks I know play D20 :mad: and don't want to learn a "new" game or they are involved in long term games...

Could you tell us some more about the setting? Maybe open an own thread for it? :P

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

I guess I can open a thread about it, but if it appears a bit unseemly, feel free to remove it friendly moderator :innocent:

Don't worry about that. We're more than happy to hear any news about new BRP settings! Besides, it was the moderator who requested it. ;)

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Hi folks...I cut my gaming teeth on D&D way back in 1980.Moved onto Dragonquest(anyone remember that?!),Call of Cthulhu,Space Opera,Boot Hill.Currently occasionally playing H.A.R.P. (a sort of streamlined version of Rulemonster,I mean Rolemaster).A confession:I've only played Runequest once(ahem).I love the BRP system but somehow couldn't get into Glorantha.Heresy,I know...

An on-and-off roleplayer since the mid-'90s, I first played BRP (in the form of CoC) only a couple of years ago, and it quickly became my favourite system. :)

Some here will recognize me from RPG.net, or from Yog-Sothoth.com (where I post under the name "Nescio").

The black rivers of pitch that flow under those mysterious cyclopean bridges - things built by some elder race extinct and forgotten before the beings came to Yuggoth from the ultimate voids - ought to be enough to make any man a Dante or Poe if he can keep sane long enough to tell what he has seen.

Centaur66 - You don't like Glorantha?!?

Well, alright then...

Welcome all - I'm having lots of fun with Zero Edition just running in my own little worlds. I don't think anyone here's going to give you grief about not enjoying Glorantha.

If they do, you're not obligated to read those posts. :)

Have fun with it! It's a game!

Emerging from my Dark Age...

Cheers.Actually,I should explain...certain aspects of Glorantha I loved-namely,the monsters and the whole chaos thing.To this day,Jack o'bear (?)and broo are two of my favourite beasties.My brother was the Glorantha freak.Never stopped going on about his damned dragonnewt...

I guess I could have posted here back when I registered. Oh well...

My first RPG experience happened in the late 70s with a TSR product. I've become acquainted with many, many games since that time, owning far more than I ever played (or needed)...

My first BRP game experience was sometime in 1982 with Call of Cthulhu. I was instantly a fan of the system; it probably helped that I was somewhat obsessed with Lovecraft. The BRP games I currently own are Stormbringer, Nephilim, and Call of Cthulhu. I also have a copy of GORE, which I currently use for my own campaigns.

My favorite games are Worlds Beyond, Fading Suns, the TTA RPG, Traveller, Spacemaster, and Call of Cthulhu.

Hello all! My name's Tom and I've been playing Call of Cthulhu since around 1987 and (a long time ago) tried out a game of Rune Quest.

I managed to pick up a second-hand copy of the 1984 edition of Rune Quest Deluxe Boxed Set.

It appears on first perusal, that Cal of Cthulhu is a simpilfied version of the main Rune Quest rules. I'm particularly impressed with a few things, which I'll list:

• The sheer amount of stuff in the box - all those books and a large map of Europe, too!
  • The game mechanic - Fatigue points! Nice touch since combat would be really stressful and exhausting!
  • The Strike Ranks mechanic, beats an initiative roll hands down

Now, I'm sure there's a whole load more in there that's full of crunchy goodness, but that's as far as I've read so far...

-Tom

Glad you could join us.

The mechanics of Call of Cthulhu are slimmed down from RQ3, but the mechanics in CoC aren't that important as the atmosphere and background are the most important thing in CoC.

But, yes, to an old RQ-Head like me, RQ has a very tich set of mechanics that CoC just doesn't have.

BRP seems to be able to have the same richness of game rules/mechanics if you use the optional rules.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

G'day everyone,

I am an Ozzy and I have been playing rpg's since highschool. Initially played Advanced D&D but soon converted to Runequest II when I played a campaign with the gaming club I was in at the time (and no I am not a geek!).

Since then I have played a lot of Runequest (mostly the Runequest II rules set, but have RQIII and Mongoose RQ IV), D20 Modern, Middle-earth Role Playing (MERP), Call of Cthulhu, and a bit of Traveller, Aftermath and Decipher's Lord of the Rings.

In my opinion, the BRP based games kick butt compared to the others.:thumb:

Latelly, for the last two or so years, I have been running a campaign set in Middle-earth using MERP modules run to a hybrid Runequest rule system. I am currently updating those rules to the new BRP rulebook (Zero edition) and will post it in the download section when its at a state to allow for broader playtesting.

Cheers,

Fergo113

KoOS, Fergo113 - welcome to the forums!

Glad to see more people from the "I like BRP" camp showing up for some discussion...

KoOS; the Zero Edition is a very slick book, and will be even better once the edits are complete and 1st Edition makes the shelves.

Fergo113; interesting set of games on your "Gamer CV"! Were your RQ2 adventures all focused on Glorantha?

All the best, folks!

Emerging from my Dark Age...