Bespoke HQG character sheet

MOB

A bit of trivia, KlêiosCanvas is the same artist behind a Gloranthan rendition of the "Woman Yelling at Cat" meme ("Orlanth, after hearing of the apotheosis of the Red Goddess, 1247ST":

image0.thumb.png.529b33d7233a0f431cb89dee1e19bf43.png

Edited by MOB
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, creativehum said:

I've always wanted to bring HeroQuest Glorantha to my group. I think building a template for a character sheet like this might be the easiest way to sell it!

Agreed. It's actually been one of my issues with trying to get a HeroQuest game together online; I haven't really been able to find a good character sheet that players can fill out on their computer and share it.

If that already exists and someone can point me towards it, I'd be hugely grateful. But yes, something like this, especially if it's form-fillable (which would probably need it to be a good deal simpler, but that's fine), would be incredible.

Edited by Leingod
  • Like 1

HeroQuest's "problem" for some groups is its embarrassment of riches.

Players (and GMs) who are used to the rigorous limitations of choice in search of  "play-balance" of other systems suffer from system shock when presented with a set of rules in which pretty much anything goes. I've seen it with two different groups now (or at least two separate sets of members in the same group).

There are ways to mitigate the shock, though. A cool character sheet like this one would certainly help, especially if its presentation were mapped to the CGEN portion of the rulebook's text.

Amazing & evocative work!

mmmm.  "Bespoke."

I wonder how much KlêiosCanvas would want to charge for making similar sheets for other characters; this one is appropriately DH, but...

I'd want to see a Helering (for example) character-sheet in blues and greens, with water-theme / cloud-theme / etc as marginalia & other artistic touches (for example).

The artist has put a bunch of conceptual work in on this sheet!  Normally, I wouldn't think a custom per-character sheet from a professional artist would be a viable prospect, but since the artist HAS put in so much work, she might be able to leverage that (if people were willing to pay).  It comes down to a matter of how much she could leverage the work already put into this sheet, and how much time (time = money) such revisions would cost her, etc...

And, of course, whether she's interested in producing a bunch of different pieces in the same formulaic "character sheet" format.

Hey @MOB -- any idea whether she'd be willing to look at this?  Or would a bunch of fannish offers be unwelcome in her inbox?

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

When will we see a fillable PDF version?

!i!

[That's a joke, son. I say-I say, a joke!]

[Edit: Wait, no.  Now I'm scrolling up and realising that, of course, others asked first and weren't joking.]

Edited by Ian Absentia
  • Haha 1

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

1 hour ago, Ian Absentia said:

When will we see a fillable PDF version?

!i!

[That's a joke, son. I say-I say, a joke!]

[Edit: Wait, no.  Now I'm scrolling up and realising that, of course, others asked first and weren't joking.]

In my defense, I worded it as a dream

1 hour ago, Nevermet said:

In my defense, I worded it as a dream

<Xref Man of La Mancha (the Gomer Pyle / Jim Nabors version, by preference) >

Edited by g33k
Damn autocorrect
  • Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 5/28/2020 at 3:05 AM, g33k said:

Hey @MOB -- any idea whether she'd be willing to look at this?  Or would a bunch of fannish offers be unwelcome in her inbox?

Sorry, I have no idea, but KlêiosCanvas's Twitter page specifically mentions "taking commissions". If by "fannish offers" you mean "not willing to pay the going rate" then yes, they probably would be unwelcome. 

8 hours ago, MOB said:

Sorry, I have no idea, but KlêiosCanvas's Twitter page specifically mentions "taking commissions". If by "fannish offers" you mean "not willing to pay the going rate" then yes, they probably would be unwelcome. 

Yeah, I figured that a working artist is... y'know... working, and would react much like anyone asked to work for less than their normal rate.

By "fannish" I more meant that mix of enthusiasm & naivety that can be frustrating for a professional to deal with (which undoubtedly would sometimes include attempts to bargain-down the rate); also the likelihood of small single commissions, rather than building an ongoing relationship with a regular customer (like, a RPG-publisher).

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 3 years later...