Annoying/incorrect links in Prince of Sartar web-comic

seasparrow

So as a new Glorantha enthusiast, I am doing the recommended thing and reading the "Prince of Sartar" web-comic. And it is there I discovered an annoying problem with incorrect links:

Many (at least six so far) of the "next" button links on the Prince of Sartar web-comic when you are viewing the English version of the will take you to the next episode, but on the German version of the comic. I have attached a picture to better explain this. 

I have to back out of the comic to a previous index page and then manually select the next episode if I want to see the English version. If I understand the authors' intent correctly, if you are on the English page, then the "next" button should take you to the next English episode, not a German one. That makes sense, right?

I think this is probably just an oversight and it could be easily fixed. I fear you may be losing potential readers because of this snafu. It should be a minor task to set things right. So far this has happened on the first five panels of chapter one. It also happened on the transition from the Chapter Title Page to the first episode. I don't know how much farther it goes, because that is how far I am in reading the web-comic.

Obligatory technical details: This happens to me on a Windows 10 PC, using the Chrome browser. I am connecting to the web-comic from a USA ISP. Anything else you need to know?

By the way, I have been reading the comic, perusing the forums, ordered the GM screen-- I feel that there is some sort of hidden Bingo Card for new Glorantha fans, and I am wondering what the next few entries are for me to check off and then win this cool game? Pretty sure one of them, at least in the age of COVID 19, is for me to GM an online game, but beyond that I am stumped. 😉

(I considered posting this on the web-comic's own forum, but I think this Glorantha one gets more traffic and will more quickly get to the attention of someone who can fix this.)

prince of sartar button.jpg

• Like 1

I can replicate this behavior on a Chromebook (Chrome browser + ChromeOS - current version (at least, no upgrades seem to be pending)) .  Also USA.

@Jeff can you let Kalin / whoever know?

Edited by g33k
  • Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

I recommend the King of Sartar book if you haven't already read it, it teaches a lot about the universe, and it's a really good book, and it's on sale. 

Also I too had the same problems with the webcomick both in Android and in windows. 

• Like 1

:50-power-truth::50-sub-light::50-power-truth:

Hi, the German version of the site was broken by software issues that are not easily solved. I've avoided switching it off completely as there's value from being able to read in their own language. It's not easily fixable as some of the underlying software is not longer supported. I will have a look and see if this can be particular issue can be fixed. Feel free to PM me about this.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, seasparrow said:

I feel that there is some sort of hidden Bingo Card for new Glorantha fans, and I am wondering what the next few entries are for me to check off and then win this cool game? Pretty sure one of them, at least in the age of COVID 19, is for me to GM an online game, but beyond that I am stumped.

Read the Guide to Glorantha cover to cover? :D

Note: I don't recommend actually trying that. Is joke.

Edit Addition: Ooh, play King of Dragon Pass. That one's not a joke! Solid game, really holds up considering its age. I played it last year and had a lot of fun.

Edited by Crel
  • Like 4

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

9 hours ago, Crel said:

Read the Guide to Glorantha cover to cover? :D

Note: I don't recommend actually trying that. Is joke.

I did that. 
>.>
<.<
But yeah, probably don't.

17 hours ago, seasparrow said:

By the way, I have been reading the comic, perusing the forums, ordered the GM screen-- I feel that there is some sort of hidden Bingo Card for new Glorantha fans, and I am wondering what the next few entries are for me to check off and then win this cool game? Pretty sure one of them, at least in the age of COVID 19, is for me to GM an online game, but beyond that I am stumped. 😉

The Glorantha Sourcebook is a lot more newbie-friendly.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, seasparrow said:

Many (at least six so far) of the "next" button links on the Prince of Sartar web-comic when you are viewing the English version of the will take you to the next episode, but on the German version of the comic. I have attached a picture to better explain this. 

I have just tried it and I get the same problem. I've also encountered another problem where page 3 is followed again by page 1 and creates a loop. I guess until this is fixed the best way to read it is to click on each individual link in the Archives page😟  I really hope someone can fix this soon, since the comic is such a good entry point to Glorantha.

BTW, you might be interested in reading an interview to the artist, Kalin Kadiev👈😲  (The interview in English is at the bottom of the page). 🙂

• Thanks 1

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

On 8/14/2020 at 1:38 PM, Minlister said:

I suspect @Joerg's Heroquest has been a resounding success! All hail the Chaos society!

Eeeww! I am doing 95% or more of my Glorantha debating, reading and writing in English. Why would I go on such a quest?

I am not the only kraut with a Glorantha obsession, only the most visible one. (2m tall, what can I do? Lose some weight...)

• Haha 2

Telling how it is excessive verbis

FWIW a while ago I scraped all the images from the website and laid it all out in a PDF using Affinity Publisher (it was as good an excuse as any to try it and compare with InDesign)... in case someone at Chaosium is interested in releasing it in a better format...

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !