Request for info about RuneQuest: Roleplaing in Glorantha on RPGsite

Mark Mohrfield

5 minutes ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

I do appreciate they did note disapprovingly there was no sexual dimorphism (i.e. no game stat differences!) between the sexes, like, good fucking god

I think you misread Joerg there (I believe it’s Joerg?).

11 minutes ago, Akhôrahil said:

I think you misread Joerg there (I believe it’s Joerg?).

Definitely misread. The full quote for context:

Is it woke? Not really. There is no sexual dimorphism for human characters, although occupational/cultic choice of elemental runes might result in one or two characteristic points confirming some bias. There are few cults with hard gender restriction (although for instance an earth priestess must have given birth to a healthy child to become eligible for the position, something most males have a hard time to achieve).

Yeah there's no way that that is "disapproving". It's just looking at ways in which the rules could be described as "woke" and dismantling such notions. And that SJW is just having a pop, if it gets rid of the OP then all to the good. I'd read it as "Yes you'd hate our game so leave us alone kthxbye".

4 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

And that SJW is just having a pop, if it gets rid of the OP then all to the good. I'd read it as "Yes you'd hate our game so leave us alone kthxbye".

This was my reading as well. Note that it's a brand-new user, quite probably from this thread.

2 hours ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

full of gamergate chuds and noted sex pests and rapists from across every genre of the tabletop gaming world

Probably not everyone on the site, after all, I have been a member for 10 years now.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

22 minutes ago, Rick Meints said:

I tried engaging in a few threads there a few years ago. I stopped when I felt that some participants only wanted to start some sort of flame war. 

Understood, I have even found that here. I have just stop talking to the individual trolling me and it all goes away. Easy!

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 2:49 AM, Rick Meints said:

I tried engaging in a few threads there a few years ago. I stopped when I felt that some participants only wanted to start some sort of flame war. 

As I've previously noted a certain keyboard warrior's "welcome" to me on The RPG Site was to call my mother a whore and wish me dead at the hands of Islamic terrorists. All because we announced we weren't continuing with his favourite edition, and it was my role to communicate that news (lucky me). I don't have an issue with robust discussion, but nerd-rage abuse like that seems to be pretty much textbook cyberbullying, yet the moderators there let that stand, so that was enough for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 2

• MOB locked this topic