Journal of Runic Studies

Lordabdul

While we wait for the first episode of the God Learners podcast to drop (this should happen in a bit less than two weeks), we have resumed our Gloranthan news program -- now named "Journal of Runic Studies". The first one is out now!

I hope you find it useful and informative -- we're open to suggestions and, of course, news tips.

You can subscribe by email or RSS, follow our Twitter or Facebook accounts, or just wait and see if I'll post every week here (it may get old quick unless you people find it worthwhile, however).

And just for kicks, here's a fake cover that has absolutely nothing to do with the real thing 😄 

1420550273_JournalofRunicStudies.thumb.png.6a571067973e0e0cb77a2bdc9b5e2450.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

On 6/25/2021 at 3:30 AM, Darius West said:

It's great to see a new RQ fanzine.  Good on you.

I wouldn't describe it as a fanzine -- it's really just a newsletter. But hey hopefully there'll be a proper fanzine at some point! Thanks!

Edited by lordabdul
  • Like 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

Issue 5 is out now!  If you don't already follow the blog, you'll get our first "recovered document" from our archiving efforts. Expect some more useless writings in the future on a variety of topics (there's a lot of junk in this tower!).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Nice to see these bits collected!  One minor note where you have me listed as “Jajapagga” rather than "Jajagappa".  The Catcher of Souls might take note of that.

Awfully risky of you, giving away your True Name to God Learners like that...

• Haha 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

2 hours ago, Crel said:

Between the Catcher of Souls and some wannabe wizards, I would think that the threat situation would be inverted...

Fixed, and I resisted Eurmal's suggestion of Papa Jagga as edit.

Edited by Joerg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Telling how it is excessive verbis

9 hours ago, Crel said:

And there I was wondering why all our heroquests were failing miserably... my plan is to replace all animal deities in Glorantha with Mantis-Shrimp deities, so.... let's just say that if you use "Transform Self" a couple months from now, you might get freaked out a little bit if you're not prepared. But I assure you it's going to be an improvement.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In case others missed it because, like me, they were watching for an update to this thread: #6 of the Journal was published a few days ago.

https://godlearners.com/journal-of-runic-studies-6/

• Like 3

--

The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "Absolutely phenomenal" - Austin C. "Seriously weird-ass shit" - John D. "A great piece of work" - Leon K. The Electrum best-selling The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Magisterial ... highly recommended" - Nick Brooke. "Lovingly detailed and scholarly, and fun to read" - John H. "Absolutely wonderful!" - Morgan C.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

--

The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "Absolutely phenomenal" - Austin C. "Seriously weird-ass shit" - John D. "A great piece of work" - Leon K. The Electrum best-selling The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Magisterial ... highly recommended" - Nick Brooke. "Lovingly detailed and scholarly, and fun to read" - John H. "Absolutely wonderful!" - Morgan C.

Bumping it here will keep it visible to anyone new who stumbles into this forum and wasn't previously aware of it. 👍

• Thanks 2

--

6 hours ago, Martin Dick said:

Just to let you know, but I'm regularly getting the following error message for godlearners.com - 

This site can’t be reached

godlearners.com unexpectedly closed the connection.

It might be me, but it's the only site with a problem. It's not all the time, but perhaps half the time?

Thanks for telling us, but at least from my end, I can see no problems.

But then I am only administrator for content. Does the problem still exist, and has anybody else had that experience?

Telling how it is excessive verbis