Surprise!

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=517703

Okay, rpg.net is a bit biased, and D&D fans usually do not browse that part of the forums, so the poll is not statistically significant, but seeing BRP come first in a "What is your favourite system" contest is somehow... unexpected :D

In the other two polls run before it was third after Savage Worlds and Gurps, but those were polls about "generic" systems.

So let me reply to the question: "How could BRP be more popular?" in a new and unusual way: "By being exactly what it is now". B-)

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Wow, that is a nice surprise. Even adding both D&D (any edition) and D20 Varients together (which are still the same system after all) still finds BRP coming out on top by a rather large margin. Nice!

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

I suspect that the acne'd youth who play WoD games at my local club DO NOT EVEN KNOW that rpg.net exists...

Scary since WoD is running neck and neck with D&D. If they knew tabout rpg.net then WoD might be in first place!

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=517703

So let me reply to the question: "How could BRP be more popular?" in a new and unusual way: "By being exactly what it is now". B-)

On the other hand, you yourself have noted that BRP's chief fan base is the over-40 crowd (many of whom frequent rpg.net). The popularity thread deals with how to attract GianniVacca's pimply set, who may be oblivious to BRP's existence. That said, the recent YouTube reviews by eager BRP converts are encouraging.

Edited by seneschal
grammar

I don't really believe BRP has that strong a following among the RPG.net crowd... but it's nice to see it making a relatively strong showing.

Fate seems to be gaining on it but I suspect Fate is one of those systems that a lot more people read and talk about than ever get around to playing it... our group looked at it, thought it was kinda neat and all agreed there's no we were ever gonna game with it.

Savage worlds would probably be out front if the OP hadn't neglected to list it... since it's currently one of the big darlings over there.