Thed the Earth Witch

Tatterdemalion Fox

6 hours ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

No need to invoke a set birth order. These things are flexible. In a Ragnaglari/pre-Chaos Broo mythos, maybe Ragnaglar was the firstborn. There's no need for a 1=1 relation between different mythologies. 

True, though I like throwing in differing inheritance customs to different people. It's surprising how far it changes the dynamics of a culture. You're right though, all it needs is for the inheritance rules to be unclear, which is something that is already the case.

@Runeblogger Ooh this I like. Fits neatly into the idea of Gloranthan pre-history for me, with today's Hsunchen being relict populations of an earlier paleolithic mythic complex, and a fair chunk of the myths we know today being either misrememberings or fabrications echoed through a thousand year oral tradition.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 6:02 AM, Tatterdemalion Fox said:

This is, I suppose, another way to collapse the uncomfortable waveform: to double down on She Deserved It, to introduce more punitive sexual humiliation through violence into the myth cycle (at the hooves of Storm Bull, a player-available deity, rather than by the god who saw the secret of sex-is-power at the bottom of the pit), to embrace the myth of How Uz Make Drums, and to implicitly approve of it all. Perhaps this is a variant from Saird, which has had some cultural cross-pollination with Dara Happa up the river, which understands well how the weakness of women facilitated the existence of evil.

On the contrary, Orlanth could have had Thed slain for her attempted sexual deception.  Instead he showed her mercy, and instead sought to educate her in why sex thru deception is not nice, by using his trickster aspect to come up with an educational counter plot.

Remember also that as a beast goddess, Thed is likely promised to wed to Stormbull,  like many other livestock Beast Goddesses (Uralda, Nevala etc), but she covets Orlanth, and hopes to get a powerful child by him via deception.  Instead goats become rejected among the Orlanthi for good reason.

It isn't Orlanth who does the wrong thing.  It is Thed.  And then it is Stormbull.  Stormbull could have realized Thed's distress and stopped, but Stormbull is a god of animal passions, and just as he doesn't stop when he goes berserk, he didn't stop.  The price Stormbull pays is high.  He sees chaos destroy pretty much everything he cares about.  He himself has to face down the Devil.  This is the revenge of Thed, mother of the Devil (but who is the father? Ragnaglar?  Or Stormbull?). Ultimately it is Glorantha herself who sends the Block to save Stormbull, so Glorantha herself chooses Stormbull over Thed's side.

Ultimately we must admit that all of Thed's choices are evil.  She shouldn't have sought to seduce Orlanth.  She should have understood her acts were wrong and understood the lesson when she realized that her attempt at sexual deception had won her another case of sexual deception.  Play stupid games, win stupid prizes (and they don't come more stupid than The Bull).  Thed shouldn't have teamed up with Ragnaglar (the mad pervert god) and Mallia (the STD goddess) to destroy the world.  Thed always does the wrong thing and makes the worst choice.  I mean, you know a tree by its fruit, and her fruits are Wakboth, and the broos.   Thed is not "women".  Thed is a pervert who wanted only power from day 1. 

7 minutes ago, Darius West said:

She shouldn't have sought to seduce Orlanth. 

Yeah, I think I'm with Tatterdemalion in the other Thed thread that not only is this myth seemingly non-existent in the published materials for Glorantha (and was only ever tangentially attested), it's a rubbish myth with a thoroughly questionable message both in-universe and out that cheapens Thed's character from something that's quite complex and nuanced to 'Thed did evil things because Thed is just an evil baddie who does evil things'.

13 minutes ago, Darius West said:

Thed is a pervert who wanted only power from day 1. 

As I said, cheapens a complex interesting character to a 2-dimensional baddie with no interesting facets. Disappointing.

37 minutes ago, Darius West said:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

This touches on the 'questionable message' bit, as this myth veers way too close to 'victims of rape deserved it'. In an ideal world you could potentially hide behind the idea of it this being a fantasy world where it's ok to have evil villains who did evil things because they're evil, but there are a depressing number of people who will see this story and add it to their schema of how they conceptualise rape. If you can entertain the concept of 'some people deserve to get raped' then it is only the smallest of logical leaps to 'perhaps this person in front of me is someone who deserves to get raped'.

If we're going to be discussing topics as sensitive and delicate as rape (and I think we should be), it behoves us to be really, really smart about deciding what it is we're saying about it.

I much, much prefer the narrative arc of Thed without the addition of this poorly substantiated myth. Not a flat 'Thed did evil things because Thed's evil', but 'Thed did evil things because of a host of complex causes, some of which were in her control and some were not'. That in no way denies that the things that Thed did were evil (they absolutely were), but it invites a more nuanced and helpful conversation about how and where our 'heroes' were complicit in those evil acts. It also says some really rather clever things about cycles of abuse, and how they are easy to inadvertently perpetuate (both individually and institutionally) and difficult to break.

Thed's story remains an example of 'the child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth', which I personally find a far more compelling and useful story to tell.

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Darius West said:

On the contrary, Orlanth could have had Thed slain for her attempted sexual deception.  Instead he showed her mercy, and instead sought to educate her in why sex thru deception is not nice, by using his trickster aspect to come up with an educational counter plot.

Remember also that as a beast goddess, Thed is likely promised to wed to Stormbull,  like many other livestock Beast Goddesses (Uralda, Nevala etc), but she covets Orlanth, and hopes to get a powerful child by him via deception.  Instead goats become rejected among the Orlanthi for good reason.

What exactly are you talking about?

• Like 3

"And I am pretty tired of all this fuss about rfevealign that many worshippers of a minor goddess might be lesbians." -Greg Stafford, April 11, 2007

"I just read an article in The Economist by a guy who was riding around with the Sartar rebels, I mean Taliban," -Greg Stafford, January 7th, 2010

Eight Arms and the Mask

I understand Darius was impressed by something he read in The Book of Drastic Resolutions: Volume Chaos. It's nice that somebody was. Let's leave it at that.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 6:48 PM, Ali the Helering said:

Since Broos can breed with anything, I should imagine he is linked with whatever animal is locally derided.

Or maybe he links himself with whatever animal is locally derided?
The whole "Broo" thing seems very much of a piece with this.

• Thanks 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 3/24/2024 at 2:48 AM, Ali the Helering said:

Since Broos can breed with anything, I should imagine he is linked with whatever animal is locally derided.

I agree

Imo, Thed is the mother of the broos in the same way that Stormbull is the father of herds.

There is no reason to see "previous" Thed as the mother of only goats in the same way that Stormbull is not the father of only cows

the simple way I see is there was a couple of herds ancestors. The father is Stormbull, the mother is Thed.

Then Thed was a victim of Ragnaglar or voluntary join her husband's brother in evil acts. Curse is not based on intention but on acts , and she was cursed.

That may explain why Stormbull reacts as he reacts.

Another option is there is no "previous" Thed, but only one herds storm parent. Maybe this parent was abused by Ragnaglar and "split"

one part reacted to this evil act by developping a terrible hate of chaos. And this part used the most brutal form of herd : the bull. This part is Storm bull who wants to destroy his tormentor

the second part reacted to this evil act by developping a terrible perversion to seduce (then to protect herself against) her tormentor. This part used a perverted form of herd: the broos. This part is Thed who wants to "fix" the injustice she lived by sharing her experience to any innocent people, like she was before she met the mad god.

• Helpful 1

There was, there was not.

When First Son was born, the Mother tossed him out the door and shut it after. First Son was strong, so he did not die. But soon he knew what Hunger was, so he stood on his legs and beat on the door.

Mother, I’m hungry. Mother, give me my food. Mother, give me my house.

And the door opened, and her hand came out, all sharp nails, and it went down his throat. She tore the Square Thing out of him then. Then she made her horn sign against him and shut the door after.

And all the weeds around him drooped and died, and the ground under him became wet and bad for stacking. It was all shit, was what it was. But soon First Son became hungry for herd, so he took his strong hands and beat on the door.

Mother, I’m hungry. Mother, give me my brothers. Mother, give me my friends.

And the door opened, and her hand came out, all sharp nails, and it went down his throat. She tore the Three Line Thing out of him then. Then she made her horn sign against him and shut the door after.

And First Son looked around at the shit, and he realized that it was all shit, was what it was. So for lack of anything to do, he sat in the shit and beat himself until he ached. Then he realized how very hungry he was, so he rammed his head against the door.

Mother, I’m hungry! Mother, I want my wife! Mother, I want to fuck!

And the door opened, and her hand came out, all sharp nails, and it went down his throat. She tore the Two Triangle Thing out of him then. Then she made her horn sign against him and shut the door after.

Then First Son knew he was fucked. So he pissed on her door, to mark his return, and went out into the world of shit to find everything he was hungry for. But it was all shit, was what it was. He felt what was missing like stones in his stomach.

(But before he left, a window opened, and a little round white face appeared there, and smiled. She spat on him, and told him it was her best of gifts. And it was.)

In the Dark Places, the winds swept down upon First Son, and there were riding people singing on them; and instead of running away, First Son roared and screamed and stamped. He tore one riding person down and broke its back; he tore another down and broke its skull; he tore a third down and spat on it until its insides all came out, shit and blood and all. And that was the first time First Son laughed.

Then he heard laughter back, and the chief of the riding people came down off his wind, and lifted his helmet with the goat horns high. This wind king demanded an account from First Son, who could fight so well and had the best of gifts to kill with.

My mother she gave me no food or house. My mother she gave me no brother or friend. My mother she gave me no wife to fuck. She took my Three Things from me, with her nails all sharp, and did the horn sign against me.

Fight for me against my enemies, then. Your bitch mother thinks she’s taken everything from you, but she doesn’t know the Skinning Song, or the Goatherder Song, or the Law of Victory.

And as payment for fighting in his wars, Father Of Us gave First Son a herd of goats, and First Son was hungry no more. But Father Of Us taught First Brother the Betrayal Song, too, for singing against his enemies.

Why was he surprised when we met Hole In The World? He taught us the Betrayal Song, after all, and the Skinning Song, too—

And we were so happy that Mother had given us a brother, after all.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 1

As an aside, prior to the birth of Wakboth, Thed was a fertility goddess married to the Ragnaglar the Mad God, one of the Air Gods. Their children were the Broos, who were originally untainted by chaos. All stories agree that the Mad God, Thed, and Mallia were motivated by jealousy and pride to usurp the functions of the world and to become its unchallenged rulers. Together they formed the Unholy Trio and brought Chaos into the world in the form of Wakboth. Thed was the mother of Wakboth, and his malevolence twisted and distorted his mother in childbirth - as a result, the Broos are twisted and distorted by Chaos, both physically and spiritually. 

We know the rest of the story. Storm Bull killed Ragnaglar. Mallia left the conspiracy. Kyger Litor killed and skinned Thed, leaving only her ghost. Thed haunts the world, a twisted and distorted spirit, who still commands her hapless (and tormented) children.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

As an aside, prior to the birth of Wakboth, Thed was a fertility goddess married to the Ragnaglar the Mad God, one of the Air Gods. Their children were the Broos, who were originally untainted by chaos. All stories agree that the Mad God, Thed, and Mallia were motivated by jealousy and pride to usurp the functions of the world and to become its unchallenged rulers. Together they formed the Unholy Trio and brought Chaos into the world in the form of Wakboth. Thed was the mother of Wakboth, and his malevolence twisted and distorted his mother in childbirth - as a result, the Broos are twisted and distorted by Chaos, both physically and spiritually. 

We know the rest of the story. Storm Bull killed Ragnaglar. Mallia left the conspiracy. Kyger Litor killed and skinned Thed, leaving only her ghost. Thed haunts the world, a twisted and distorted spirit, who still commands her hapless (and tormented) children.

I was wondering when you’d show up! Welcome! I’d invite you to feast, but it is a dishonorable thing to make a man break his geasa.

Instead, since you have more resources and experience than I do, let me ask: where do you think the association with Thed and goats came from, from a Doylist standpoint? It’s nowhere in evidence in Nomad Gods, and BoHM saves all of its goat imagery for Ragnaglar and Eurmal, but it’s a very popular fandom association despite that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

... Thed was ... married to the Ragnaglar ... Their children were the Broos, who were originally untainted by chaos ...

1 hour ago, Tatterdemalion Fox said:

... where do you think the association with Thed and goats came from, from a Doylist standpoint? It’s nowhere in evidence in Nomad Gods, and BoHM saves all of its goat imagery for Ragnaglar and Eurmal, but it’s a very popular fandom association despite that.

I don't recall a time when Thed wasn't the "Mother of the Broos."

Doylistically, I think Thed gets her goat associations from that:  Broo are Goat-ish beastfolk, and Thed is their mother... QED.

C'es ne pas un .sig

2 hours ago, Tatterdemalion Fox said:

I was wondering when you’d show up! Welcome! I’d invite you to feast, but it is a dishonorable thing to make a man break his geasa.

Instead, since you have more resources and experience than I do, let me ask: where do you think the association with Thed and goats came from, from a Doylist standpoint? It’s nowhere in evidence in Nomad Gods, and BoHM saves all of its goat imagery for Ragnaglar and Eurmal, but it’s a very popular fandom association despite that.

You ever have a goat? Well Greg did, as a living lawnmower back when he was in Berkeley. I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the source of the association - that plus Lévi's Baphomet of course.

But by Doylist are you meaning in the Misfits' sense of the name?

image.png.1c6712e3fde1ccb9cc32c9c3c5f5bde1.png 

2 hours ago, Tatterdemalion Fox said:

Without any direct insight, I think that there are several major factors at work in that association. One of them is that content-wise, Ragnaglar has never had a cult, but anyone rolling up broo for their latest expedition into the Big Rubble or fending off Muriah's revenge will see that Thed cult and the Curse of Thed table. So there's a definite priming there of "broos usually have goat heads, Thed is the broo goddess," to produce Thed the Nannygoat Goddess. 

But the other side of it, well, that's where we start getting into the game of blaming the victim. Which isn't hard to see in the textual Thed cult of Cults of Terror (1981) - female broo are supposedly extremely rare, tormented by Thed, and so on. The broo are not responsible for Ragnaglar's deeds, but Thed takes it out on them regardless. (But in Borderlands (1982), Muriah's broo are not all that much like the Thed cult- they have a 50/50 gender ratio of male and female, or close to it, and relationships close enough to love the text uses the word "lover". This renders it an unspeakably Chaotic text before we get into its depiction of Lunar attitudes in Prax!) And then we ordinary players, now, we also blame the victim, the survivor, the one who's still around and bleeding on us. And so, the evil goats of Ragnaglar get transferred onto Thed. The randy billygoat symbology of Ragnaglar the Primordial Rapist, Eurmal the Horny Trickster, (and Gerendetho, Lodril's son) is lost, and instead we have the nympho goat slut Thed. Some truly wretched text has fallen out of this understanding in its fullest form, of course. But what can we see by setting the wretched stuff in a corner? 

Not all that much! She's still Chaotic, and therefore still "evil-adjacent". She still has that spaded devil tail in William Church's counter art. Who could possibly look at her and see someone worthy of compassion? To stretch their empathy out and say, "This was wrong, to summon the Devil was wrong, but what happened to you was wrong too"? To reject the dualistic opposition, the absolutes pointed directly at each other? 

Certainly not those Chaos-hating Praxians who... are fully capable of allying Thed in that old board game from the year Star Wars came out. Maybe they're just "making use" of her. Maybe we could stop and think about that phrasing. But maybe there's something different going on. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 2

"And I am pretty tired of all this fuss about rfevealign that many worshippers of a minor goddess might be lesbians." -Greg Stafford, April 11, 2007

"I just read an article in The Economist by a guy who was riding around with the Sartar rebels, I mean Taliban," -Greg Stafford, January 7th, 2010

Eight Arms and the Mask

13 hours ago, Eff said:

the year Star Wars came out

Rolling back all the way to that particular opening crawl reveals something: "broo reproduction" doesn't appear in print until Borderlands decides to reveal or invent that narrative. Before that, broos are, like Iggy Pop says about the "philistines" in the movie Dead Man, mostly just real dirty people . . . "given to atrocities and foul practices" but mostly spreading diseases. This becomes their "Mallia" aspect that supports their role as mercenary muscle in Nomad Gods, RQ1-2 and so on. Or another way to say it is that Mallia is the entity who shamans can summon within the rules of the Jaldon Games.

Thed comes later and I encourage people to read the COT version closely. If you find anything sexualized in this era, shout it out. To me, these broos come off more like S. Clay Wilson bikers than anything else, maybe with a Kenneth Anger scorpio rising vibe. There's no parasitic pregnancy motif, which tells us that while Alien has come and gone theatrically and home video exists, it doesn't seem to make much of an impression on Greg or Sandy until 1982. They wouldn't hold a revelation like that back, especially when the Thed layout ends with significant page space to fill and they were already throwing everything Sandy could think of to stretch as far as they could.

After Borderlands, the "broo as sexual violence" and "Thed as rape goddess" narratives get rolling with Noyeep in the Big Rubble (1983) and forty years later here we are. But Borderlands functions as the literal crossroads at which we meet the devil, as it were. You still have the "Mallia" broos, who are basically all the females (closing a loophole in COT) as well as the males who "dislike all-male associations." That's a strange thread. Does it mean all Thedists are gay? Or is each of them the only male that matters in their perspective, so that everything else is potentially a "wife" and a "mother" to your children? The one unspoken rule here seems to be that they can't or won't or don't like to impregnate each other, or else only the strongest broo would survive beyond two seasons +1d8 weeks and we know that they can coexist in relatively stable gangs for a lot longer than that.

Another thing that's interesting is the reference to "varied maternity." I know we've talked about Wire Mother and Soft Mother before but every male broo has a choice of which mommy to follow in terms of how they relate to the larval host. RQ3 Thed obliterates any surrogates. Her broo might not identify with her or emulate her so much as she (as a ghost and not a conventional goddess) yearns to emulate them. She gets them to do things to recapitulate her trauma. In the RQ3 accounts, that trauma is all she has left. In that ecology, there are no other women, just an appetite for new victims. 

I feel like many of the more deliberately occult NPCs in LOT and DOLAD reflect these complicated and polymorphous family and gender identities, where a son can be a daughter and a brother and also a wife. But Mallia is simpler. By definition she's the other woman and that's really it. When you emulate her, you are not the cruel absent mother. You're your own woman. The boys become carriers of your complex, spreading her sign. And this is the broo mother you can contact in the Jaldon Games. The stepmother can be approachable in ways the mother never is.

Where is this going? First, IMG Thed is a perversion of the Covenant because her cult deliberately blurs the taboo relationship between herd and harem. Her broos don't have wives and their children don't have mothers. They have plenty of meat but they don't get milk as a baby. She's one of the things that happen when something goes very wrong with the meat. Nobody who observes the Peaceful Cut will countenance any of this. Prax can't afford to tolerate chaos. Life is already too rough in their broken world to intentionally make things worse.

Second, Thed's association with the Crack spell is poignant in light of both Dorasta's ruined cleft and the "breaking of the vessels" that seeds creation in the zohar or wherever. She knows how to break everything. Maybe in a demiurgic context she has wisdom to provide but it's hard to say . . . sooner or later, people who have delved her mysteries end up functionally equivalent to broos. On the way from here to there you find the mysterious Cacodemon character in the courts of chaos, son of the devil (looking at you Argin Terror, we've barely touched on the West) and grandson of Thed. He's fond of ogres, who start to look a lot like broos when you breed out the obvious goat strains. 

• Like 4
  • Helpful 3
  • Thanks 3

singer sing me a given

1 hour ago, scott-martin said:

Rolling back all the way to that particular opening crawl reveals something: "broo reproduction" doesn't appear in print until Borderlands decides to reveal or invent that narrative. Before that, broos are, like Iggy Pop says about the "philistines" in the movie Dead Man, mostly just real dirty people . . . "given to atrocities and foul practices" but mostly spreading diseases. This becomes their "Mallia" aspect that supports their role as mercenary muscle in Nomad Gods, RQ1-2 and so on. Or another way to say it is that Mallia is the entity who shamans can summon within the rules of the Jaldon Games.

Thed comes later and I encourage people to read the COT version closely. If you find anything sexualized in this era, shout it out. To me, these broos come off more like S. Clay Wilson bikers than anything else, maybe with a Kenneth Anger scorpio rising vibe. There's no parasitic pregnancy motif, which tells us that while Alien has come and gone theatrically and home video exists, it doesn't seem to make much of an impression on Greg or Sandy until 1982. They wouldn't hold a revelation like that back, especially when the Thed layout ends with significant page space to fill and they were already throwing everything Sandy could think of to stretch as far as they could.

After Borderlands, the "broo as sexual violence" and "Thed as rape goddess" narratives get rolling with Noyeep in the Big Rubble (1983) and forty years later here we are. But Borderlands functions as the literal crossroads at which we meet the devil, as it were. You still have the "Mallia" broos, who are basically all the females (closing a loophole in COT) as well as the males who "dislike all-male associations." That's a strange thread. Does it mean all Thedists are gay? Or is each of them the only male that matters in their perspective, so that everything else is potentially a "wife" and a "mother" to your children? The one unspoken rule here seems to be that they can't or won't or don't like to impregnate each other, or else only the strongest broo would survive beyond two seasons +1d8 weeks and we know that they can coexist in relatively stable gangs for a lot longer than that.

Another thing that's interesting is the reference to "varied maternity." I know we've talked about Wire Mother and Soft Mother before but every male broo has a choice of which mommy to follow in terms of how they relate to the larval host. RQ3 Thed obliterates any surrogates. Her broo might not identify with her or emulate her so much as she (as a ghost and not a conventional goddess) yearns to emulate them. She gets them to do things to recapitulate her trauma. In the RQ3 accounts, that trauma is all she has left. In that ecology, there are no other women, just an appetite for new victims. 

I feel like many of the more deliberately occult NPCs in LOT and DOLAD reflect these complicated and polymorphous family and gender identities, where a son can be a daughter and a brother and also a wife. But Mallia is simpler. By definition she's the other woman and that's really it. When you emulate her, you are not the cruel absent mother. You're your own woman. The boys become carriers of your complex, spreading her sign. And this is the broo mother you can contact in the Jaldon Games. The stepmother can be approachable in ways the mother never is.

Where is this going? First, IMG Thed is a perversion of the Covenant because her cult deliberately blurs the taboo relationship between herd and harem. Her broos don't have wives and their children don't have mothers. They have plenty of meat but they don't get milk as a baby. She's one of the things that happen when something goes very wrong with the meat. Nobody who observes the Peaceful Cut will countenance any of this. Prax can't afford to tolerate chaos. Life is already too rough in their broken world to intentionally make things worse.

Second, Thed's association with the Crack spell is poignant in light of both Dorasta's ruined cleft and the "breaking of the vessels" that seeds creation in the zohar or wherever. She knows how to break everything. Maybe in a demiurgic context she has wisdom to provide but it's hard to say . . . sooner or later, people who have delved her mysteries end up functionally equivalent to broos. On the way from here to there you find the mysterious Cacodemon character in the courts of chaos, son of the devil (looking at you Argin Terror, we've barely touched on the West) and grandson of Thed. He's fond of ogres, who start to look a lot like broos when you breed out the obvious goat strains. 

There's an awful lot in there to unpack and I recommend people digest it very carefully. I think you are right - between 1981 and 1982, the broo went from evil philistines to embodiments of trauma who must continually recreate that trauma in order for the species to survive. They were warped by the cosmic rape that resulted in Wakboth, and became microcosms of it. They are sentient endoparasites - quite aware of what they do to survive. They became true nightmares - like Vivamort's vampires and Thanatar's heads. 

• Like 5
  • Helpful 2

4 hours ago, scott-martin said:

Second, Thed's association with the Crack spell is poignant in light of both Dorasta's ruined cleft and the "breaking of the vessels" that seeds creation in the zohar or wherever. She knows how to break everything. 

Of course, wootz steel requires the crucible be cracked to extract the smelted metal. There is a well-understood way in which a good solid shattering is essential to further creation. Even if we have foundries now. They don't have many broos Oop North, where we find the Steel Sword Legion and the Third Eye Blue, who stole the secret of iron, now do they? Dorastor*, sure, but north of Old Wolf Fort?

The witch hat may be passed off to other figures elsewhere, the flayed woman Thed haunting Prax, the Waste(s) Land(s), and maybe the people around Heort's country. But elsewhere, perhaps, there's a woman with a goat's skin for a mantle, or maybe a hat, vaping on the balcony at all the best psychic flashes of divine parties. 

*Of course, when I went there, Ralzakark was a Hellwood or possibly Poisonwood elf with a unicorn horn tied on with a headband. 

Edited by Eff
  • Like 3
  • Helpful 2

Eight Arms and the Mask

Observation: the story of Tien and Hrothmir suggests that it is sometimes more difficult to kill a god than one might think. At the very least, some troublesome deities found awful ways to preserve their existence.

Observation: though Than found himself a replacement for his head, it had a tendency to rot off his shoulders, and so it was needful for him to have it replaced regularly.

Observation: the Broos, who cannot make things grow, are skilled at making use of every part of their prey, especially the skins, and have a one-sided adoration of their Mother.

Conclusion: no, the Witch does not have two hands at the wrist, one brown and one red. Do not look any closer.

Further Consideration: where did Hon-Eel learn the secret of the Husking Bee?

• Helpful 1