Long time no poll!

Trifletraxor

Do you have the zero edition? Will you buy the 1st edition?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have the zero edition? Will you buy the 1st edition?

• Have BRP Zero, will buy the 1st edition when it's released.
    • Have BRP Zero, will skip the 1st edition as it's basically the same.
    • Don't have BRP Zero, but will buy the 1st edition.
    • Don't have BRP Zero, still considering whether to buy the 1st edition or not.
    • Have pie, will buy more pie.

I am not sure that I will buy the 1st Edition when it is released, because

a lot of interesting RPGs will be published this summer (Ephoran, Traveller,

etc.), and I have a limited RPG budget. So the 1st Edition may have to

wait until Christmas - but there is no doubt that I will buy it. :)

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

I'll probably buy it at a Convention as they usually offer some kind of discount.

I'll also buy the Rome and Iceland supplements for sure and possibly the SciFi ones, but that depends on how expensive they are and what comes out at the same time.

At the moment I am spending roughly between 40 and 60 pounds a month on RQ/HQ supplements and it's a lot of money. I see it as the equivalent of two pairs of shoes. My wife sees it as two pairs of shoes that she could have had.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

The second option on the poll should be amended to "it's mostly the same".

The proper edition will have many, many edits and changes, including a variety of improvements and "missing" bits (like the section on spirit combat and all of the footnotes for the weapons tables, for example).

I'm the first option - but don't actually 'have' it, 'cos it's in the post - I hope that counts.

Maybe the second option should read "it's mostly the same and we'll have Jason's promised errata". ;) Won't we?

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

I'm certainly down for a copy of BRP and Interplanetary, and probably one or more of the other sourcebooks too - will check them out as they come.

Jason - you mentioned spirit combat rules *drool* *drool*... any chance of a hint or two? Essentially the Ghostly Combat on p339 of BRP Zero, or something different?

Inquiring minds (in search of corporeal embodiment) wish to know! :D

Cheers,

Sarah

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

Jason - you mentioned spirit combat rules *drool* *drool*... any chance of a hint or two? Essentially the Ghostly Combat on p339 of BRP Zero, or something different?

Ooh... that might be in there already.

My additions/edits were to a tape-bound pre-EZ version, and spirit combat wasn't in that book.

I'll have to check my EZ copy.

I may buy the book when it comes out, but I won't know until I see it. I'm not at all sure it has anything of use to me, practically speaking, nor at this point do I feel like I owe the author or Chaosium any particular loyalty if it does not offer something I don't already have. Some of the rules choices don't make me sanguine about it...but the bottom line is I don't trust ANY game companies' promises any more, and will not commit to anything on word of mouth. I have been burned too many times. So a faint maybe. Very faint, because Chaosium stuff is rare in game stores around here anyway.

Haven't got EZ, but will certainly get 1st ed when funds permit. The most recent Chaosium game I have is RQ3 so I expect there will be lots of useful stuff in there for me. I'm less sure about the various supplements, but will definitely get some of them.

My group is not very adventurous when trying new games, so I'll probably get two copies, one for me and another for them as reference.

I think I spent close to the value of EZ in p&p. If chaosium keep there free shipping, it will be worth it.

There are other game lines I am buying the moment, but I'll see how I can juggle them.

Likes to sneak around

115/420

I had voted a while ago that I was going to wait for the final release of BRP, but I went ahead and bought the Zero edition today! Just couldn't wait any longer, plus, even though things are apt to change between Zero and final, I'll have another set of rules for my players to look at when I'm running, that is, unless I can talk them into purchasing their own copies of the book!>:->

Skunk - 285/420 BRP book

You wanna be alright you gotta walk tall

Long Beach Dub Allstars & Black Eyed Peas

My budget doesn't allow me to get the Zero edition, but I will certainly be buying the 1st edition. By the way, how many Zero editions were printed?

They printed 420 copies.

Yeah, I know. All I can think is pot.

"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

- H.P. Lovecraft

I've got a ZE, but I'll certainly get a copy of the final release.

Isn't it strange that Chaosium's products are so popular in Europe, but so hard to find there? I'd think this would be a priority (and I'm pretty sure it is). However, the conundrum is strange to consider.

Ah well - happy gaming!

Emerging from my Dark Age...

I don't have Ed Zero, because it is for me too expensive.

I will buy Ed one as soon as I can afford to spend the cash, which should be as soon as it is available in store (or more properly switzerland) stores.

For supplements, it depends. I will probably buy Rome. I don't know for Mythic iceland yet. SF supplements are not part of my projects.

Runequestement votre,

Kloster

At the moment I am spending roughly between 40 and 60 pounds a month on RQ/HQ supplements and it's a lot of money. I see it as the equivalent of two pairs of shoes. My wife sees it as two pairs of shoes that she could have had.

:lol:

This reminds me of several conversations I had with my girlfriend. (Fortunately, she's a gamer, too. During BRP playtest, she played a witch with a bat familiar.)

BRP Zero Ed #136/420

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal death in judgement."

- The Fellowship of the Ring