Is there an official map of Furthest?

pachristian

39 minutes ago, blackyinkin said:

Hi,

I just stumbled on a full colour Furthest City Map that we were going to publish many years ago. I will clean it up, pops some labels on and PDF it if people are interested.

Simon

...?  :blink:    Is there anyone who does *NOT* want this???!?

But (as with many older items) I gotta ask:  did the artist provide it as a wholly-contracted piece, giving up all rights?

• Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

LOL I WAS the artist! It has sat on my computer for 14 years. I would prefer people to get a hold of this and have fun, that it be another piece of forgotten law. It carries my copyright, but I know as soon as it hits the internet it will fly and do its own thing. Hell versions of it have been seen Wesley Quadros used it way back when.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, blackyinkin said:

Hi,

I just stumbled on a full colour Furthest City Map that we were going to publish many years ago. I will clean it up, pops some labels on and PDF it if people are interested.

Simon

VERY interested. As you're the artist, I 100% support the idea of either (a) putting it up on the "Downloads" page here or (b) posting it on Drivethrurpg for a reasonable price. Either one. 

I'll still contact you, as requested.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pachristian said:

I 100% support the idea of either (a) putting it up on the "Downloads" page here or (b) posting it on Drivethrurpg for a reasonable price. Either one.

Maybe a "PWYW" with a "suggested" 1.99 price ... ?

People who just want the freebie can get that, but those who like to support content creators have a natural & easy way to do so...  Hey, you might get your next cuppa out of the dtrpg listing!

Edited by g33k
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

Hi,

This map doesnt, however in the original article we provided the Heroband "The Union of Sanitary Engineers" Whose moto was something like "Don't talk to us about the New World, we are knee deep in the old one!". There Wyter Jono Baltarsson provides the skill of Underground Fighting and the Affinity "Underway Explorer with the spells of Open Blocked Passage, Shallow Breathing and Predict Subsidence". Nick Brooke also has a very freeform scenarion (which he once ran with over 20 players sitting at a huge table) which includes the hunt for Cessy, a Garam (Dinosaur) that was flushed down the Maran Gor temple latrine centuries ago and is now blind, albino and hungry.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/13/2016 at 7:31 PM, blackyinkin said:

Hi,

Simon

Definitely interested in this too. I've been referring quite a bit to Tarsh in Flames for some stuff I'm writing about the forest that rises from the Black Eel to the Rockwoods and a cleaner, colour Furthest map would be great.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 12/13/2016 at 8:31 PM, blackyinkin said:

Hi,

Simon

So, something for the Jonstown Compendium perhaps 🙂 ?

• Like 2

On 1/17/2017 at 3:49 PM, blackyinkin said:

Hi, Just to keep you posted, I am working with Jeff Richard to make sure this map is canonical and correct.

Simon

2-3 years onward & (afaik) no map ever got released... maybe there's a new Furthest product coming, and this is being rolled in???

Any update?

Any ETA?

Anything at all?  Frothing fans want to know!

C'es ne pas un .sig