BRP "family tree" flowchart?

g33k

Hey, folks...

A few years back, I recall somebody producing a rather nice (albeit (necessarily) complicated) diagram of the interrelated BRP family.  I think it originated here, tho I think it also got posted to (an)other site(s) as well...

But now I can't find it; and don't recall who made it.  😥

Can somebody help me?   TYVM!!!

C'es ne pas un .sig

31 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

You might try here a compadre sight to this one: http://www.glorantha.com/docs/prosopaedia/

Thanks; but no.

I meant entire d100/BRP game systems, not the Glorantan deities.

RQ1 begat RQ2 begat BRP (16pg ed) begat WOW (which begat SuperWorld & MagicWorld spin-offs), and CoC.  Stormbringer & Elric, and AH RQ3; the BGB.  The Nash/Whitaker Mythras branch via Mongoose; Elfquest.  Ringworld.  d101/OQ and THAT whole branch.

Etc etc etc.

C'es ne pas un .sig

They are great charts, although they do miss a few BRP related RPGs. RQ was so influential on the games that followed that it gets difficult to know where to draw the line. Pendragon doesn't use percentile scores and D100, but is otherwise very close to D100 game system. FGU's Flashing Blades and especially Privateers and Gentlemen are also obviously influenced/related to D100 (if you are familiar with RQ2 you can pick up P&G pretty fast), and-as mentioned elsewhere RQ had a influence on the design of D&D 3E. 

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

On 9/10/2018 at 10:29 PM, AndreJarosch said:

This one?

It's not entriely accurate, though. 

• Ringworld owes more to RQ3 than BRP
  • Thieves' World Companion is based on RQ3, not BRP
  • Hawkmoon derives from Stormbringer/Elric rather than BRP
  • Revolution D100 comes from the same root as Legend, but is missing
  • Nomad Gods 2nd Edition is missing and should come from Dragon Pass
  • Magic World should have a strong dotted line from Stormbringer

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

1 hour ago, soltakss said:

Hawkmoon has far more to do with early Stormbringer (published right after 2d Ed Stormbringer) than Elric.  Elric is often cited as "mainstreaming" of the system away from a D100 system crafted onto a specific world into a specific world crafted onto the D100 system.  Good or bad?  Depends.  I'm not going to see any Stormbringer or Hawkmoon campaigns run from n00b to land-holding/kingdom determining characters, but they are both fun to do some quick in and out arcs.  Heh, in my next short break run, I might get the guys to pull out their D100 converted Metamorphosis Alpha characters and have them return to Earth at the time of Hawkmoon.

10 hours ago, soltakss said:

Ringworld is a full RPG on it´s own, and was developed while Chaosium was writing RQ3, yes. But it is a Chaosium BRP game, and some of it´s rules made it´s way into the Big Golden Book. So i keep it where it is. 

Thieves World Companion is not part of this chart, as it is a supplement, not an RPG by itself or a new sezzing (only a companion to a setting). Since original Thieves World was published in 1981 it is a BRP game, not a RQ3 game. 

Hawkmoon is a RPG on itself, and and (like Stormbringer) based on BRP. If Hawkmoon would have been a setting/supplement for Stormbringer i would habe put it after Stormbringer 2nd Edition. 

Revolution D100 is missing, right. That needs to be fixed. 

Nomad Gods 2nd Edition was never published in english, not is not part of this chart. 

Magic World comes from Stormbringer 5, and not soooo much from BRP, maybe i should move it over to the Stormbringer/Elric!/Stormbringer 5 line.

For the record, Revolution D100 comes from Legend (quoted in the credits) and OpenQuest (there is some actual text from OQ in it). But placing it in that position is more or less accurate.
Apart from multiple inheritance - and a good programmer knows how dangerous it can be - what is really lacking in this chart is a good temporal spacing of the products. RQG is at the bottom, and it is the most recent of all.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

3 hours ago, RosenMcStern said:

For the record, Revolution D100 comes from Legend (quoted in the credits) and OpenQuest (there is some actual text from OQ in it). But placing it in that position is more or less accurate.
Apart from multiple inheritance - and a good programmer knows how dangerous it can be - what is really lacking in this chart is a good temporal spacing of the products. RQG is at the bottom, and it is the most recent of all.

I used my genealogy program for the chart, and that program shows generations, not temporal spacing. 

RQG is in between RQ2 and RQ3, and that is exactly the space i was told by Jeff Richard i should place RQG.