Google+ Going Away

Skovari

1 hour ago, Skovari said:

Wondering if there is any way to capture and save any of it.

Sadly, the "amazing" ImmoderateGloranthaQuest (cough ! cough !! choke !!!) appears to have suffered the whimperous death it deserved ...

<<---- ex-IGQ owner and de always immod FYI

I have no idea about any other such forums.

Edited by Julian Lord

2 hours ago, Pentallion said:

Hope that everyone flocks to MeWe now because I for one will never reactivate my FB account.

Seconded on MeWe.  I think it's the closest in functionality to G+ -- been using it for awhile now and been very happy.  Won't ever go back to Facebook, and Reddit is a hard pass for me.

3 hours ago, Quackatoa said:

I have to say, Google+ has been my favourite expression of Glorantha on social media over the years. Visual, colourful, immediate, lightly structured, yet responsive. Look; smile; move on. Perfect for how I like consume stuff.

Yep, my sentiments as well.  Very simply for basic notifications, yet able to include short responses on a wide range of topics.

While I enjoy the BRP Forums, they aren't as easy for quick social media type posts.  Will not use Facebook for this.

I won't miss G+ all that much, honestly.

I regularly run into extended stretches of "cannot spend much time online" and end up missing content on all the platforms that presume an always-connected customer-base.

BRPCentral, and similar fora, suit my own preferences much better.

That said, I am absolutely enraged by shit like this -- the bad guys winning.  G+ served the wants and needs of a LOT of good people, and seeing a few asshat crackers murder it like that... It just makes me pissed as hell.

RE the MeWe option -- does anyone know if they have any sort of independent auditing, compliance-verification, or transparency?  Or does everyone just have to trust that MeWe is and does exactly what they say, and does it all to an extremely high degree of competence (which is usually a VERY expensive proposition... kinda tough to maintain in the long term, for a free service!)

Edited by g33k
MeWe
  • Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

1 hour ago, g33k said:

I won't miss G+ all that much, honestly.

I regularly run into extended stretches of "cannot spend much time online" and end up missing content on all the platforms that presume an always-connected customer-base.

BRPCentral, and similar fora, suit my own preferences much better.

That said, I am absolutely enraged by shit like this -- the bad guys winning.  G+ served the wants and needs of a LOT of good people, and seeing a few asshat crackers murder it like that... It just makes me pissed as hell.

RE the MeWe option -- does anyone know if they have any sort of independent auditing, compliance-verification, or transparency?  Or does everyone just have to trust that MeWe is and does exactly what they say, and does it all to an extremely high degree of competence (which is usually a VERY expensive proposition... kinda tough to maintain in the long term, for a free service!)

No idea what kind of actual transparency there is with MeWe. But as a platform it is pretty nice.

18 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

That looks terrible!

That... Actually looks like a pretty funny April Fool's stunt.

If it's real, I may need to cry like a baby who lost his... Binky.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig