Involuntary Heroquesting?

Ochoa

16 minutes ago, Ochoa said:

Could, for example, an Eurmal trickster fool a party into a heroquest for his own absurd purposes, without them realizing it until it's too late?

You're basically describing a Trickster's daily life.

Seriousl,y, becoming a Eurmali is a never-ending divine challenge, and you are more or less obliged to drag your surroundings into your antics.

And even when things go wrong without your involvement, you are still going to be the one to take the blame.

From the side of the people who have to put up with a Trickster, one major reason to keep him (or her) around is to ease the transition to the Hero Plane. The price you pay for that is the easy transition to the Hero Plane.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

18 hours ago, Ochoa said:

Could, for example, an Eurmal trickster fool a party into a heroquest for his own absurd purposes, without them realizing it until it's too late?

The old writeup from Greg's campaign about the Crown Test of Leika Ballista is an excellent example of this. She goes questing into Snakepipe Hollow, but instead of finding foul chaos to fight she ends up at the Feast of the Duke of Disorder.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2019 at 5:49 AM, Ochoa said:

Yes, absolutely.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Still playing around with this idea. I'm trying to piece together enough lore from the materials I have to see if the Eurmali could actually make the party enter the heroquest without them realizing they ARE in a quest.

PS. Phone spell check recognizes heortling as a word now. :)

• Like 3

Portfolio at www.juanochoa.co