Alephtar Games to print massive BRP sourcebook

Fergo113

Chaosium.com: News - BRP Rome

[bRP Rome

Alephtar Games to print massive BRP sourcebook.

Press Release from Alephtar Games

"Alephtar Games acquired this year a non-exclusive license for one of the most glorious Roleplaying Games ever: Chaosium's Basic Roleplaying. This classic game system has been the foundation for some of the games players loved the best: Call of Cthulhu, Stormbringer, RuneQuest and others. Basic Roleplaying is now living a second youth after the publication of a revised, Deluxe edition that finally assembles all of its incarnations into a game that encompasses all genres and styles of roleplaying".

"Continuing our tradition of historical settings with a Fantasy flavor, the first product of our BRP line will be "Rome: Life and Death of the Republic", a monumental (pun intended) sourcebook by the talented British author Pete Nash. But many more will follow!"

For more information:

http://www.alephtargames.com/info@alephtargames.com

]

GO PETE!

Well done and can't wait to get my copy. Great job! :thumb:

Cheers,

Fergo113

Ahem, sorry for the mess on the web page. I was at a Convention last weekend and could not do a better job for now. But I think most members on BRP Central are more interested in the book contents.

Well, taking advantage of fergo's post, here are the latest news: The book is ready. Dario received the cover artwork last night (first class stuff) and is now finalizing everything, so there is just the last proofreading and corrections. I will release previews later this week, and preordering will start soon (for Tentacles attendees only).

The release date is confirmed: May 29, 2009 at Tentacles Convention, Castle Stahleck, Bacharach. US customers will be able to purchase the book from Chaosium at about the same date.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

The release date is confirmed: May 29, 2009...

That's marvelous! And I've got just the campaign area for it... :)

US customers will be able to purchase the book from Chaosium at about the same date.

Hmmm - any chance of a reciprocal arrangement? Us customers here on the right side of the Pond being able to buy other Chaosium stuff from you (i.e. without the prohibitive trans-atlantic shipping costs) ?

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Hmmm - any chance of a reciprocal arrangement? Us customers here on the right side of the Pond being able to buy other Chaosium stuff from you (i.e. without the prohibitive trans-atlantic shipping costs) ?

I am definitely no reseller or distributor. However, a problem does exist about this. I think the best option is to ask if Chaos Society can distribute some products, with the added bonus of NO shipping costs if you buy books at Tentacles. I'll contact Osentalka later this day about this.

AND ROSEN MCSTERN!

(He is after all Alephtar Games).

Great news. It is good to see third party material coming out.

Is there an ETA?

Thanks should also go to Dario and the artists who've all slaved away, working overtime to layout my 190k word splurge into a readable format. I only did the research and writing, everyone else actually made it into a book.

But major thanks to Paolo too for having the balls... er, courage to publish Rome. The fact that the manuscript survived the critical eyes of Alephtar's Italian crew is just a cherry on top! :thumb:

Thanks for everyone's interest and support. I hope you all enjoy it as a good read, even if you never run a campaign using it!

Forgive me for sullying such good news with such a dirty subject as money, but any idea what the rpice tag is for this. I'm gonna start saving up some denarii.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Having had a sneak preview of Rome, I can tell you that its a stunning-looking book - in terms of content, layout and art.

Pete, Dario and Paolo have done a wonderful job. I wish this (perhaps the definitive Rome book, whether a roleplayer or not) every success - and it deserves vast amounts of it!

Loz

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

Rome: cover preview

And please let me introduce our new cover artist, Tiziano Baracchi. :thumb:

That looks frakkin' awesome! :shocked:

I have a feeling this book...and its killer-sick cover...is going to set the bar high for everything that comes afterward. A very good thing.

I can hardly wait :thumb:

Cheers,

Sunwolfe

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

Good question. You will know the answer next week, shortly after Easter. But above all, if you have a friend that goes to Tentacles, contact him to save big!

Sadly, most of my freinds are on the wrong side of the Atlantic for that. If this pans out to be as good as all indications suggest, Pete's Wife is going to start hunting us down.:thumb::eek:

I can hear the cries for the Roma Imperium book already. :D

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Those who pre-order will get a discount (and possibly a small gadget if I can arrange the extra printing). Those who do not will pay the full price, and given the quality of the book I bet the supply will not last till the end of the Con.

Preordering starts tomorrow, April 13th, and is reserved to Tentacles attendees (or those who can bribe an attendee).