Dragon scale armor

Puckohue

Depends on the Dream Dragon...  If it had lots of natural armor, the hide probably makes unusually good armor; there are probably weapons to be made from teeth and/or claws.  Venomous bite suggests fangs that might carry venom as swords.

Etc Etc Etc.

(I would resist the idea of "generic" dream dragons)

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

We know you can make magical armor from dragonewts, so you could probably make something similar from dream dragons. Whether you'd have any repercussions from doing so like with dragonewt scale armor is questionable though. It may also fade away after a while, going the way of the rest of the dream dragon's body.

(Too) Obviously, a necklace of dragon’s teeth, good for a few CHA, (is that penalty, for lack of originality).  Which turn to skeletal warriors when planted in the earth.  Oh, that's been done.

Dragon horns for a helmet.  They’d make cow horns look so lame!

If we’re on jewellery, what are the implications for bride gifts.  This stuff is made of dreams… that’s only good for 50 years or so…  But those years... and nothing’s for ever…  Hmm.. maybe stick with diamonds.

Dragon claw/teeth klanth.

Would dragon teeth arrow heads be proof against creatures invulnerable to mundane weapons?  I’d probably say no, but would the players find out by practical experiment (heh, heh).

A dragon ivory keyboard.  As an aside, I’ve a 1890’s piano, and the touch of the keys is beautiful, *so* much nicer than bone or plastic from later pianos.  (On rereading that looks like I’m endorsing the Ivory trade, I’m not, it’s not worth killing an elephant, but perhaps we should be recycling this stuff because its irreplaceable.  Or would that still be creating a market?  I think I might have gone off topic!  If I say +5% play skill, would that put it back on track?) 

Dragon gut strings? Imagine the music! The very stuff that dreams are made on…

Tendons?  They’re lots of real world uses.  Unbreakable rope? Even better, thread that never breaks.  How’d that look on the marketing blurb, buttons guaranteed *never* to come off! Well, not for 50 years.

The elastic properties of particular sinews were also used in composite recurved bows favoured by the steppe nomads of Eurasia, and Native Americans (I just shamelessly cribbed that from Wikipedia).

How does Dragon meat taste?  Like chicken? Or “the stuff that dreams are made on” (oh I’ve already used that).  Also, if it’s made of dream, does it go off?  Everlasting rations! (Dragon yesterday, Dragon today, and blimey, if it don't look like Dragon again tomorrow.)  And suddenly, in 50 years’ time, suddenly feeling *ravenous*, and no matter how much you eat, you’re still hungry.

Enough ideas to chew over?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Stephen L said:

(Too) Obviously, a necklace of dragon’s teeth, good for a few CHA, (is that penalty, for lack of originality).  Which turn to skeletal warriors when planted in the earth.  Oh, that's been done.

Argrath's already got one of those too

hum..there are few issues

find a dragon body or buy the material (hoping it is a true one)

then find a good artist (can we call someone making stuff from dragon origin just a crafter ?)

then find bodyguards to avoid thieves

then avoid kralorela

then avoid dragonewts

then avoid any place in the herowar...

Why your dragons is not attacking our ennemy but my brother, my lord ?

Because your brother is wearing their brother...

• Like 1

I suspect that real dragons and dragonewts probably wouldn't care that much about dream dragon armor, as the dream dragon ins't "real", and no dragon actually suffered for it. But, I suspect the dragon's subconscious would probably hold a grudge when it manifested another dream dragon. That might be worse , too, as a dream dragon could have a more extreme irrational fixation of the character than a rational creature would. 

And maybe the dream dragon might not be able to identify the culprit all that well and just rage against anyone of a similar appearance, scent, species? So then the player character might have to deal with the people who suffered the dragon's wrath. Oh what fun.

• Like 1

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.