So what became of Jomes Wulf?

After the Telmori War we don't hear anything about the career of this promising Lunar Officer.  Did he die in the few intervening years before the Hero Wars?  Did he retire from military service?  Was he purged as one of Fazzur's Men?  I mean, he won a pretty decisive campaign against a non-trivial enemy that was responsible for the massacre of an entire Sartarite clan, then we know nothing more, apparently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jomes Wulf was given Wulfsland as his own grant, while keeping his active command within the Provincial Army. After the Dragonrise, he and his soldiers fled to Alda-Chur. Along with Jorad Sideburn, Jomes now serves as one of Pharandros's senior field commanders.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
6 minutes ago, Darius West said:

After the Telmori War we don't hear anything about the career of this promising Lunar Officer.  Did he die in the few intervening years before the Hero Wars?  Did he retire from military service?  Was he purged as one of Fazzur's Men?  I mean, he won a pretty decisive campaign against a non-trivial enemy that was responsible for the massacre of an entire Sartarite clan, then we know nothing more, apparently.

According to the Eleven Lights, Jomes was commanding Boldhome during the Dragonrise.  He then fled the city and retreated to Wulfsland.  He didn't take part at Battle of Dangerford.  He may still be at Stonegate as the surrounding tribes find having a proven wolf-killer useful against the Telmori (the uprising of Jogar Sog was is still fresh).  

In my opinion, he's retreated to AldaChur to shore up the Lunar authorities there but hampered because the Far Placers see him as a Lunar oppressor and the Tarshites see him as an Aggarite bumpkin.

• Like 5

I wonder if Lunars have a problem with soldiers becoming disillusioned by what they see while serving the empire. That would be my default explanation for high profile leaders who suddenly decide to lead a quiet life. See it all the time in business - employees who are not quite p*ssed off enough to leave, but no longer feel a burning urge to perform.

Edited by EricW
  • Like 1
On 6/11/2021 at 11:03 AM, Jeff said:

Jomes Wulf was given Wulfsland as his own grant, while keeping his active command within the Provincial Army. After the Dragonrise, he and his soldiers fled to Alda-Chur. Along with Jorad Sideburn, Jomes now serves as one of Pharandros's senior field commanders.

Jomes fights at Dangerford, Battle of Queens, and, if he survives that, at the Battle of Heroes. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, EricW said:

That would be my default explanation for high profile leaders who suddenly decide to lead a quiet life.

My default explanation is :

now I have done what I had to, I plunder enough to buy everything I want, I get enough glory killing these :20-power-disorder::20-element-air::20-power-disorder: and I m tired to live among soldiers in barbarian countries. It's time to go back in a civilized area :20-element-fire::20-power-harmony:, where I can rest and be part of the "jet set" 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1