Chaosium Classics: Volume I - The Stafford House Campaign

On 2/22/2020 at 1:26 PM, Rick Meints said:

I have issues 1-150 of A&E, and have been going through them for RQ/Gloranthan related material. That is going to go into my updated MiG 2020 edition.

We have all of Greg's 10 Dragons Past in the archives and all 4 Son of Sartar. I have OCR'd all of those, plus the Pharaoh's Gazette issues we have and put them all into a single MS Word document. Ultimately that will be available soon in PDF and probably as POD.

Mr. Meints, did this ever get to the PDF version for purchase?

Either way, thank you Sir.

13 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Mr. Meints, did this ever get to the PDF version for purchase?

Either way, thank you Sir.

We had an initial batch printed for Chaosium Con. In all likelihood we will set this up as just a POD title.

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

Sold my A&Es about 5 years ago - I had about 100 issues (from about 60 onwards) and got £520 for them.  I don't regret selling but it was only with RQG that I really got into the game and I'd liked to have been able to go back to the early 80s and see what I missed.

5 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

We had an initial batch printed for Chaosium Con. In all likelihood we will set this up as just a POD title.

Why not PDF? I would love to have all of these, but I don't think I need dead tree, especially to the extent I already have dead tree of some of it (not being sure of what's included, I'm not sure what percentage I already have in dead tree)...

• Like 2

Everything that Chaosium sell in POD for RQ/Glorantha is also currently available in PDF, so I think there's no reason to expect differently for this.

The only exception I'm aware of is an older version of Arcane Lore that someone has forgotten to remove from the Lulu site.

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.

Just parking this here from another thread:

https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/9815-temple-of-the-wooden-sword/#comment-252154

image.jpeg.5b276340697161e1a22a7c9c7220f877.jpeg

"Chaosium Classics: Volume I - The Stafford House Campaign" collects Greg Stafford's essays about his RuneQuest campaign from 1978-81 into an 84-page softcover volume. Basic layout (Courier monospaced text, in honour of the original).
Contents: Dragons Past #1-10, Son of Sartar #1-4, and three issues of the Pharaoh's Gazette from early 1620.
Edited by David Scott
  • Like 3

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

On 5/3/2022 at 5:39 AM, Brian Duguid said:

Everything that Chaosium sell in POD for RQ/Glorantha is also currently available in PDF, so I think there's no reason to expect differently for this.

The only exception I'm aware of is an older version of Arcane Lore that someone has forgotten to remove from the Lulu site.

We didn't forget.

Hope that Helps,

I note it's much cheaper than the other version. Is there a particular reason why this is the only one in the Stafford Library that's available in two editions on Lulu? I imagine purchasers of the current version aren't missing any content; but I am intrigued as to why there are two versions still for sale.

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.

2 minutes ago, Brian Duguid said:

I note it's much cheaper than the other version. Is there a particular reason why this is the only one in the Stafford Library that's available in two editions on Lulu? I imagine purchasers of the current version aren't missing any content; but I am intrigued as to why there are two versions still for sale.

It has been retired.

Hope that Helps,

On 5/3/2022 at 6:04 AM, David Scott said:

Just parking this here from another thread:

https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/9815-temple-of-the-wooden-sword/#comment-252154

image.jpeg.5b276340697161e1a22a7c9c7220f877.jpeg

"Chaosium Classics: Volume I - The Stafford House Campaign" collects Greg Stafford's essays about his RuneQuest campaign from 1978-81 into an 84-page softcover volume. Basic layout (Courier monospaced text, in honour of the original).
Contents: Dragons Past #1-10, Son of Sartar #1-4, and three issues of the Pharaoh's Gazette from early 1620.

And to think that no one has commented on what is lurking at the right edge of the photo...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hope that Helps,

19 minutes ago, Rick Meints said:

And to think that no one has commented on what is lurking at the right edge of the photo...

Sorry, i was too busy trying to decide if im selling drugs or stealing cars to fundraise so i have this on day 1, argentinas economy has seen better days 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

"It seems I'm destined not to move ahead in time faster than my usual rate of one second per second"

16 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

When I first saw it I thought it might be a hardback with a dustjacket :-). I'm assuming not but I hope the binding doesn't fall apart like my old copy of MIG II 🙂

Is there anything else that can be shared about it right now, even just a tiny little teaser?

--

11 hours ago, Brian Duguid said:

When I first saw it I thought it might be a hardback with a dustjacket :-). I'm assuming not but I hope the binding doesn't fall apart like my old copy of MIG II 🙂

Is there anything else that can be shared about it right now, even just a tiny little teaser?

It's a 264 page hardcover book that will have sewn binding. The cover is still a work in progress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hope that Helps,

23 hours ago, Brian Duguid said:

What's a MIG?

:50-power-truth::50-sub-light::50-power-truth:

1 hour ago, Jape_Vicho said:

What's a MIG?

The Meints Index to Glorantha.

Here, have a family photo: MIG (72 pages, 1996); MIG II (124 pages, 1999); prototype MIG III (264 page full-colour hardback, 2022).

The first two were published by the Reaching Moon Megacorp, back in the day: the new one will be a Chaosium publication (this one's spine says CHA4504).

2046504043_2022-04-1112_45_23.thumb.jpg.1ab38bb403ddff4030faff773c7bfef6.jpg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Nick Brooke said:

The Meints Index to Glorantha.

Here, have a family photo: MIG (72 pages, 1996); MIG II (124 pages, 1999); prototype MIG III (264 page full-colour hardback, 2022).

The first two were published by the Reaching Moon Megacorp, back in the day: the new one will be a Chaosium publication (this one's spine says CHA4504).

If anybody is wondring why 4504: 

4500 King of Sartar
4501 Wyrms Footprints
4502 The Complete Griselda 

I assume that "The Stafford House Campaign" will be 4503. 

Side note: 
There was a time 4503 was "A Promise of Thunder - Tarkalor Saga 1" by Robin D. Laws, and 4504 was "Queen´s Heir - Road of Kings 1" by John E. Boyle. 
The first one still unpublished, the second one published, but all Gloranthan context removed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Sadly, a quick play with a trend line in Excel shows that we can't expect to need the 800-page two-volume Guide to MIG until 2100.

• Haha 3

--

2 hours ago, Brian Duguid said:

Sadly, a quick play with a trend line in Excel shows that we can't expect to need the 800-page two-volume Guide to MIG until 2100.

But maybe Rick will make some day the "MIC - Meints Index to Chaosium". Same concept as the MIG, but instead of all things Glorantha (published by Chaosium or other publishers), that book would contain all publications by Chaosium (from White Bear & Red Moon, over All the Worlds Monsters, RuneQuest, Stormbringer, Call of Cthulhu, Superworld, Pendragon, etc. + other board and card games, Mythos CCG, Wyrms Footnotes, Wyrd and Different Worlds magazines, Cthulhu, RuneQuest and Pendragon fiction, etc.). 

Maybe it wouldn´t be a 800 page, two volume slipcase set, but i am sure Rixck could make a ONE 400 page coffee table book out of all these informations. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndreJarosch said:

But maybe Rick will make some day the "MIC - Meints Index to Chaosium". Same concept as the MIG, but instead of all things Glorantha (published by Chaosium or other publishers), that book would contain all publications by Chaosium (from White Bear & Red Moon, over All the Worlds Monsters, RuneQuest, Stormbringer, Call of Cthulhu, Superworld, Pendragon, etc. + other board and card games, Mythos CCG, Wyrms Footnotes, Wyrd and Different Worlds magazines, Cthulhu, RuneQuest and Pendragon fiction, etc.). 

Maybe it wouldn´t be a 800 page, two volume slipcase set, but i am sure Rixck could make a ONE 400 page coffee table book out of all these informations. 🙂

The working title for that book is All Manner of Chaos: The Complete Guide to Chaosium Products. There are only approximately 750 items on my current list.

• Like 6

Hope that Helps,