Why can't Trolls or Troll Friends Undo the Trollkin Curse?

EricW

9 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

I don't think there's any commonly used jargonal term like "drake" for a ducks, or "billy" for goats - but why not be a bit cheeky and use "stag", in reference to the (male) stagbeetle?

@Trifletraxor Care to wade in with comments, oh,  great and most noble breeder of beetles?

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

Bees and ants use "drone" for the males.

There are other known Hell Beasts - Ethilrist has two types, the Hound, and the Diokos nightmares.

According to a statement from Greg, Kitori breed true with uz females - the offspring will be Kitori, never trollkin. This might even work with Enlo. However, while Kitori may take on the shape of uz, they aren't of the magical lineage of Kyger Litor, and much less subservient to the Hellmother than regular uz offspring (including Enlo).

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

On 6/25/2019 at 4:34 AM, Shiningbrow said:

Why "stallion"?

That's a disgusting horsey Yelmic thing!!! 

Shouldn't it be the name for a male beetle ? (And I'm sure on this forum there's at least one person who will know 😛 )

Dark Stud

Dark Stag (beetle)

Dark Centipede

Dark Consort

Strong Club

True Father

Dark Sire

Trueslinger

Darkslinger

Maulfather

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

I don't think that the father has anything to do with the viability of the offspring, since the curse is all about the womb injury.

It appears that there's something less mechanical going on.

Upthread, @Joerg reports:

According to a statement from Greg, Kitori breed true with uz females - the offspring will be Kitori, never trollkin

so something from the male line has bearing...

C'es ne pas un .sig

5 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Careful padawan, that's awfully close to humour!

Yes, my master.

"It is by po alone I set my posts in motion.

It is by po-facedness that fingers acquire speed, that speed acquires Likes, that sadfaces earn Moderation.

It is by po alone I set my posts in motion."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

3 minutes ago, g33k said:

Yes, my master.

"It is by po alone I set my posts in motion.

It is by po-facedness that fingers acquire speed, that speed acquires Likes, that sadfaces earn Moderation.

It is by po alone I set my posts in motion."

The humor must flow 

12 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

But..

Why?

The disorder Rune was the first to separate from chaos and has the strongest anti chaos powers. So each act of humor acts like payer wheel for disorder and weakens chaos. Yeah that is it, I went on a heroquest and things to find out, honest.  

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 7:25 PM, Joerg said:

According to a statement from Greg, Kitori breed true with uz females - the offspring will be Kitori, never trollkin.

so something from the male line has bearing...

Ok, I don't know what the deal is with Kitori. Maybe they can't degenerate into Enlo because they aren't Uz.

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PhilHibbs said:

Ok, I don't know what the deal is with Kitori. Maybe they can't degenerate into Enlo because they aren't Uz.

Dunno.

Just observing that an Uz mother gives normal (non-Enlo) birth to Kitori, despite (as you say) the Curse being to the womb.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

6 minutes ago, g33k said:

Just observing that an Uz mother gives normal (non-Enlo) birth to Kitori, despite (as you say) the Curse being to the womb.

Could we (could they, really) consider the Kitori a curse, seeing as they are not dark or mistress race?

1 hour ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Could we (could they, really) consider the Kitori a curse, seeing as they are not dark or mistress race?

Hmm.

You mean they're like... "Oakland"?  There's no there there, for the curse to grab onto and further devolve?  No magnificence for the curse to set its talons into?

... hm...

I guess it's possible, but then I'd wonder why an Uz female would breed with... that...

• Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

5 minutes ago, g33k said:

I guess it's possible, but then I'd wonder why an Uz female would breed with... that...

oh if only the gods would let me have one more Haha button, for the day. that.. that.... I am glad I was not drinking a coke when I read that. My computer might have suffered a crit to the head!

Edited by Bill the barbarian

You know who could cure the curse? Dark & Light heroquesters tag-teaming Night & Day as both Kyger Litor and Dayanserus, playing both sides to engineer their desired outcome.

What sort of benefit to the Light side of such an unlikely alliance would make it worth their participation?

• Like 2

On 6/28/2019 at 6:31 AM, JonL said:

You know who could cure the curse? Dark & Light heroquesters tag-teaming Night & Day as both Kyger Litor and Dayanserus, playing both sides to engineer their desired outcome.

What sort of benefit to the Light side of such an unlikely alliance would make it worth their participation?

I did have an idea of say a trickster stepping in front of the black eater, saying “excuse me”, and swallowing Nysalor instead. I doubt Trickster’s stomach would be vulnerable to the absurdity of illumination.

Unfortunately it wouldn’t end well for the trickster, enraged black eater denied her meal, and the insolent thief standing right in front of her.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, EricW said:

I did have an idea of say a trickster stepping in front of the black eater, saying “excuse me”, and swallowing Nysalor instead. I doubt Trickster’s stomach would be vulnerable to the absurdity of illumination.

Unfortunately it wouldn’t end well for the trickster, enraged black eater denied her meal, and the insolent thief standing right in front of her.

Trickster has been eaten before, and will be again (and again, and no, it is not good for him). Take for instance the Hoolar story where Trickster is curious about a Hoolar's diet, and to find out he sneaks into Hoolar's home and turns into a stone. When Hoolar comes home, he sees the stone, and says "yum". (Hoolars are the most ancient - and most bizarre - attempt by Pamalt and Balumbasta to create intelligent life, and feature in many a Pamaltelan moralty tale.)

Viewed from a Yelmalian/Elmali perspective, what Nysalor did was a replay of what Elmal did to the Father of Lies - letting himself be swallowed, destroying the Chaos foe from within. By projecting the Chaos part on the Black Eater and not being entirely wrong as Hell is as Chaos-adjacent as you can get other than the outer Sky, the curse gets planted.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 9:00 AM, EricW said:

Sounds like a Russian doll situation to me.

• Haha 1