Beer with Teeth saying hello

Diana Probst

On behalf of Beer with Teeth, a roleplaying and publishing collective, I'd like to say hello.

And now that's over, hello from me too.  I'm Diana, RPGer and longtime GM, and recent author of my first published scenario https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/300087/Rocks-Fall, updated with an expansion and troll snuggle cover for Valentine's Day.  If you want to know more about me, just know that I'm the one who chose the troll snuggle picture.  We have more in the works, and we're looking forward to using the Jonstown Compendium heavily.

I've run rules-light narrative-heavy systems for years, and until I found RQ:G I never thought I'd find a rules-heavy narrative-immersed system that was so damned good.  I was a near-instant convert.

Any other JC contributors out here?  I know of a few already, but putting alternative names to faces is good.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Diana Probst said:

I'm Diana, RPGer and longtime GM, and recent author of my first published scenario

Welcome Diana! We've certainly seen you over on the FB RQ page as well.

You'll find other JC contributors here including:

@Crel (Austin)

@Jon Hunter

@Puckohue

@M Helsdon

and others I'm sure I'm missing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Diana Probst said:

If you want to know more about me, just know that I'm the one who chose the troll snuggle picture.  We have more in the works, and we're looking forward to using the Jonstown Compendium heavily.

Yay! Welcome aboard!

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

4 minutes ago, Rob Darvall said:

Good luck with that. This place can get VERY "Digesty" very quickly. (Not that this is a bad thing. I quite enjoy it, but it can lead to rabbit-holes at 2am)

Before you know it there are windmills everywhere.

The last time I got obsessive ended up with me co-founding a publishing collective.  I really should have learned my lesson by now.

On 2/14/2020 at 3:36 PM, jajagappa said:

Welcome Diana! We've certainly seen you over on the FB RQ page as well.

On 2/15/2020 at 12:51 AM, Diana Probst said:

Yes, I am indeed over on FB, but I finally got the mental bandwidth to come over here too.

Also seen you somewhere else... oh I remember, Real Life, you're on that as well aren't you?

• 2 weeks later...

I'll stick my head over the wall and say Hi as well.

DomT I'm a member of Beer with Teeth and also a long time gamer/GM. In particular RQ and CoC and the like. Heck I was on the old Digest but dropped out in the HW/HQ days as it was simply wasn't my thing (even if I helped fund the first version).

Active on the FB page as well.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Then here is my thanks, during the dark times, this was my only Glorantha Solace!

Mine too. I got all the books but my players baulked and refused. I know some people love it but it just didnt work for me. I want my Glorantha to be one where you always have to worry about that lone trollkin with a spear. . . 

(Holding up a skull and peering into the empty sockets) Alas, poor Ruric! I knew him,  Thaz, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy, ’til the "final" day he met a trollkin!

No, never played it, until recently, that is. Reading the dailys and digests kept me going until rumours began to be floated of a new RQ, numbered the sixth, began to appear on my radar and all was good again in the land. Still, despite never playing it, it kept my fave cube of earth floating on the middle sea in the dark times until RQ G came out.

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!