Hero Wars

I mean is it possibly to backwards recreate things? As I looked at say Storm Tribe and thunder rebels and even Imperial Handbooks, I loved the various Mental & Physical abilities for each of the deities as it gave a sense of what one got, for being an initiate ? A Layfollower?

This is this part of me that wants to smoosh things together. Like some of the harder core concept from RQG, wit the wonderfully light narrative stuff from HW  and HQG.

8 hours ago, Aprewett said:

Was the 4th Sartar Rising book produced?

Good question! I've often read of it in products' checklists, but could never get a hand on it, and didn't saw it in Chaosium's PDFs. I think it has never been published, but maybe there is a first draft somewhere? Maybe Chaosium has it at the back of a drawer and could propose the PDF in some vault?...

And I have the same question for some "Dara Happen Book of Emperors" I've read about somewhere? Maybe some Greg Stafford's Unpublished Works... never published?...

Edited by Loïc

50 minutes ago, Loïc said:

And I have the same question for some "Dara Happen Book of Emperors" I've read about somewhere? Maybe some Greg Stafford's Unpublished Works... never published?...

The Fortunate Succession is as close as you'll get to a Dara Happan Book of Emperors, as it covers all the Emperors of Dara Happa.

• Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

3 hours ago, Loïc said:

Good question! I've often read of it in products' checklists, but could never get a hand on it, and didn't saw it in Chaosium's PDFs. I think it has never been published, but maybe there is a first draft somewhere? Maybe Chaosium has it at the back of a drawer and could propose the PDF in some vault?...

https://www.ebay.de/itm/SIGNED-Greg-Stafford-BRAND-NEW-The-Dara-Happan-Book-of-Emperors-1994-glorantha/114210378412?_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20160908110712%26meid%3D937f7c95d51240df894cca8e17dbe59c%26pid%3D100677%26rk%3D12%26rkt%3D30%26mehot%3Dnone%26sd%3D114209051522%26itm%3D114210378412%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2386202%26algv%3DDefault&_trksid=p2386202.c100677.m4598

As you can see, this document is from 1994, so I think, @soltakss is right: The Fortunate Succession is the better choice, because the "Dara Happan Book of Emperors" is just an older version of the same document.

Edited by Oracle
  • Thanks 2

On 5/6/2020 at 5:55 PM, Aprewett said:

Was the 4th Sartar Rising book produced?

No. Nor am I aware of any drafts of such.  I believe @Ian Cooper has looked at it in relation to completing the Red Cow series and perhaps could comment.

On 5/7/2020 at 2:34 AM, Loïc said:

I have the same question for some "Dara Happen Book of Emperors" I've read about somewhere? Maybe some Greg Stafford's Unpublished Works... never published?...

That was the original title of what became either the Glorious ReAscent of Yelm or the Fortunate Succession.  I think it might have been provided under that title at one of the old conventions.  But if you are looking for DH Emperors, the Fortunate Succession is the book you want.

On 5/7/2020 at 8:34 AM, Loïc said:

That was the first edition of what became The Fortunate Succession. It contained the emperors' list, the first draft of the Gods Wall IIRC, and photocopies of Greg's see-through paper maps of Peloria (topographical and history layers). A few more maps than the later edition IIRC. From the look of those maps it appears that Greg drew a historical map overlay for every half century, which means there are well over 30 historical map overlays for Genertela up to the Wastes in Jeff's vault.

The colored maps in the Guide (and the AAA) are just the visible part of the iceberg. On the other hand, they cover some of the most interesting periods.

The AAA was built on those Genertela maps by Greg, so the topography information has been published since. The historical and other thematic overlays would be a project I would love to see, ideally as interactive digital maps.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

On 5/2/2020 at 7:56 PM, HeartQuintessence said:

I noticed Hero Wars Roleplaying in Glorantha was never  produced and turned into a PDF, we have all the other things except the core book nessacery to use the other suppliments, was there ever a reason for that?

Are you referring to the Hero Wars boxed set published by Issaries Inc.?

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 9:09 PM, Rick Meints said:

Are you referring to the Hero Wars boxed set published by Issaries Inc.?

Yes, he is!?!

HeroQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha (2003) is available on pdf in the HQ & Glorantha Vault but Hero Wars: Roleplaying in Glorantha (2000) isn't. Hero's Book: Playing HeroQuest {2003) is also missing, by the way.