ORC products...

NickMiddleton

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RosenMcStern said:

I can now confirm that Crusaders of the Amber Coast is in production for the ORC edition of BRP, and that I have a new manuscript for Tian Xia - the Celastial Empire 99% ready, which will enter production soon. Wind on the Steppes will probably follow.

And what about "Stupor Mundi"?

• Like 2

On 11/21/2023 at 9:41 AM, RosenMcStern said:

And instead no, we plan to re-release some of the original content for the new BRP ORC.

I have to ask about BRP Mecha.

You've noted previously that due to it's nature it's not an easy book to adapt to Revolution D100, so maybe ORC would be a better option. 

• Like 3

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

47 minutes ago, Atgxtg said:

You've noted previously that due to it's nature it's not an easy book to adapt to Revolution D100, so maybe ORC would be a better option. 

OOooooo!
🤗

C'es ne pas un .sig

16 hours ago, Atgxtg said:

The successor to BRP Mecha is Dynamic D100.

Of course, we could make a new supplement about the real robot genre (Gundam, Macross, etc) but since it would require a good deal of adaptation, it would be almost surely a Revolution D100 book. The original BRP Mecha contained a lot of BRP variants that were later ported to RD100.

As a rule of thumb, products that were published as BRP originally, without big rule variants, will be ported to BRP UGE. The others are more likely to become Revolution D100 games.

Theoretically, we could do also Merrie England Age of Chivalry for BRP again, so having this setting available for both systems.

• Like 4

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

We are hijacking this thread a little bit. Moderators, could we split it into "ORC products" (generic) and "List of previous Alephtar products being ported to BRP UGE"?

This is mostly about BRP UGE, so it does not belong in the Alephtar / Cloud100 section of the forum, which is about Revolution D100.

On 12/1/2023 at 9:10 AM, RosenMcStern said:

I can now confirm that Crusaders of the Amber Coast is in production for the ORC edition of BRP, and that I have a new manuscript for Tian Xia - the Celastial Empire 99% ready, which will enter production soon. Wind on the Steppes will probably follow.

There you go again, making me spend all my money. But I’m glad to do it!

• Like 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

7 hours ago, RosenMcStern said:

The successor to BRP Mecha is Dynamic D100.

Oh, I was not aware of that. Sorry but I don't follow Revolution D100 as closely as BRP.

Of course, we could make a new supplement about the real robot genre (Gundam, Macross, etc) but since it would require a good deal of adaptation, it would be almost surely a Revolution D100 book. The original BRP Mecha contained a lot of BRP variants that were later ported to RD100.

I suspect that would only make sense if you could get a real anime license to do that with. Actual Gundam s will do better than generic Gundam. 

As a rule of thumb, products that were published as BRP originally, without big rule variants, will be ported to BRP UGE. The others are more likely to become Revolution D100 games.

Okay, but since UGE is something like 99% the same as the old BGB, doesn't that also mean that if someone already has the original BRP version they won't have much of a reason to buy the UGE version? 

For instance, say that I already have BRP Merrie England, what would be the point of my buying a UGE edition? I can't think of anything in the book that would need to be changed to make it UGE compatible. 

Theoretically, we could do also Merrie England Age of Chivalry for BRP again, so having this setting available for both systems.

Yeah, you could. Optionally you could just just do aBRP  addition for Merrie England with the BRP Game mechanics info or maybe even a core boook with two sets of stats. That would increase your potential customer base. Not everyone who plays BRP player Revolution D100 and vice versa. But that's your call. 

On 12/1/2023 at 7:10 AM, RosenMcStern said:

To understand more clearly:  "production" here means... ms being edited?  art being sourced?  project in layout?  "yes" (it's having 1 or more of those things happen)?

C'es ne pas un .sig

14 hours ago, Atgxtg said:

Okay, but since UGE is something like 99% the same as the old BGB, doesn't that also mean that if someone already has the original BRP version they won't have much of a reason to buy the UGE version? 

For instance, say that I already have BRP Merrie England, what would be the point of my buying a UGE edition? I can't think of anything in the book that would need to be changed to make it UGE compatible. 

Exactly. These new UGE editions are for those who missed the previous ones, or for those who have joined the d100 crew recently.

14 hours ago, Atgxtg said:

Yeah, you could. Optionally you could just just do aBRP  addition for Merrie England with the BRP Game mechanics info or maybe even a core boook with two sets of stats. That would increase your potential customer base. Not everyone who plays BRP player Revolution D100 and vice versa. But that's your call. 

Making another edition of a book is a non-trivial cost that has to be justified by a potential market. Dual-statted books are useful, but doing this for a splatbook that most of our customer base already owns is a losing bet.

Converting a BGB supplement to UGE is cheap, and it is the reason why we are doing it en masse. Even with few buyers, it is convenient.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 5:44 AM, RosenMcStern said:

Exactly. These new UGE editions are for those who missed the previous ones, or for those who have joined the d100 crew recently.

That makes sense.

On 12/3/2023 at 5:44 AM, RosenMcStern said:

Making another edition of a book is a non-trivial cost that has to be justified by a potential market. Dual-statted books are useful, but doing this for a splatbook that most of our customer base already owns is a losing bet.

I suppose that would depend on how the Revolution D100 version sells compared to the BRP version. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jeffrywith1e said:

A BRP/BRUGE powered Artesia game? Am I reading this thread correctly?

It may or may not be explicitly BRP:UGE, or use the ORC license, but some version of BRP-adjacent mechanics look likely to run this game:
   https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/looks-like-artesia-is-coming-back.4499/post-227755
That was written prior to the OGLpocalypse (& the ORC license), but he was planning at that time (n.b. 3 years ago!) a RQ-derived game.  The new BRP edition may have changed that plan (or may not have).

Supposedly, Mr. Smylie is going to be releasing some beta/playtest rules sometime "soon"...
https://swordandbarrow.com/wp/?page_id=155

Edited by g33k
  • Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

20 hours ago, Jeffrywith1e said:

A BRP/BRUGE powered Artesia game? Am I reading this thread correctly?

Based on what Mark has posted on Discord, and the draft character sheet:

• The skills list seems about right. For some (not me), it may look too long but they are grouped by Arcana (4 or them) which will make quickly finding a skill more intuitive. Also the list covers everything including languages and combat.
  • Skills are based on the addition of two characteristics (and maybe by Arcana as a "skill category")
  • Success levels are easy to figure out (special at 1/2 skill, critical at 1/10)
  • Passions, Drives, Arcana, Masks, Voice, Aura - it feels like there will be plenty to shape your character personality
  • Sanity! Love it.
  • The 8 BRP characteristics
  • "Burning characteristics" (aka exerting oneself) to improve success level sounds cool.

All of that I love so far. Mark also mentions the following:

• No resistance table, you compare success level (as it is in RQ or BRP for skills), I assume it will be the same for characteristic rolls (CHAR x5 I assume)
  • Hit locations but no hit points per location - I assume major wounds will be a thing.

All in all, this is shaping really, really well...

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

Based on what Mark has posted on Discord, and the draft character sheet:

• The skills list seems about right. For some (not me), it may look too long but they are grouped by Arcana (4 or them) which will make quickly finding a skill more intuitive. Also the list covers everything including languages and combat.
  • Skills are based on the addition of two characteristics (and maybe by Arcana as a "skill category")
  • Success levels are easy to figure out (special at 1/2 skill, critical at 1/10)
  • Passions, Drives, Arcana, Masks, Voice, Aura - it feels like there will be plenty to shape your character personality
  • Sanity! Love it.
  • "Burning characteristics" (aka exerting oneself) to improve success level sounds cool.

All of that I love so far. Mark also mentions the following:

• No resistance table, you compare success level (as it is in RQ or BRP for skills), I assume it will be the same for characteristic rolls (CHAR x5 I assume)
  • Hit locations but no hit points per location - I assume major wounds will be a thing.

All in all, this is shaping really, really well...

Wow, that sounds kind of ... perfect. Especially the "burning characteristics" thing - I just kind of came up with that idea myself (though I'm certainly not the first one ) and would love to see it implemented in a BRP game!

• Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 11:24 AM, Jakob said:

Wow, that sounds kind of ... perfect. Especially the "burning characteristics" thing - I just kind of came up with that idea myself (though I'm certainly not the first one ) and would love to see it implemented in a BRP game!

It does. This might be the RuneQuest better than RuneQuest. But let's wait and see.

• Like 2

On 12/18/2023 at 10:15 AM, DreadDomain said:

I assume it's the 7 core + EDU ?

On 12/18/2023 at 10:15 AM, DreadDomain said:

And same success level is a tie, as in these games ? That's too many ties for me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...