A new RuneQuest Design Note: imp news about release schedule

MOB

Was it just me or did anyone else think about minuscule demonic entities featuring in these news about RQG? (Good choice, has been my acronym since I learned about the project.)

Let's hope for shelf space and good presentation in FLGSs in addition to direct order options.

And for many participants in organized play or on local conventions.

• Like 2

Telling how it is excessive verbis

Ok, so the four books previously described won't be released all at once. Initially we'll get rules and bestiary (which is cool with me, since I was a little concerned about how long it would take to get four books ready to publish at the same time). Makes sense.

Then later a scenarios book, GM book and Dragon Pass campaign (the latter two having previously been described as part of the main four), Hero's book, cults book and so forth - all sounds great!

What's the Hero's book exactly? I don't remember this being mentioned before, since the rules for heroes and heroquests were said to be in the GM's book.

1 minute ago, Steve said:

Ok, so the four books previously described won't be released all at once. Initially we'll get rules and bestiary (which is cool with me, since I was a little concerned about how long it would take to get four books ready to publish at the same time). Makes sense.

Then later a scenarios book, GM book and Dragon Pass campaign (the latter two having previously been described as part of the main four), Hero's book, cults book and so forth - all sounds great!

What's the Hero's book exactly? I don't remember this being mentioned before, since the rules for heroes and heroquests were said to be in the GM's book.

We're going to keep the bulks after the rules and bestiary down to 128 (unless there is a special reason like a big campaign pack or a cults book). So what had been the GMs book is now the GM book and the Hero's book. And that means we can add heroquesting scenarios to the Hero's book.

• Like 13

Well I'm happy with the acronymn being RQG, it finally puts to rest the endless debates on whether this is RQ7, RQ4, or RQ2.5.

Nicely done

Also great to see the actual publishing schedule, I can financially plan for those releases ?

I wonder if we'll ever see that previously envisioned RQG slipcase set at some stage. That would sit nicely alongside the CoC 7E slipcase set. I would certainly throw some money at it down the track if it ever gets realised. A reasonable idea for a KS project I reckon

All in all, this has been a welcome anouncement!

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 2

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

On 4/5/2017 at 7:14 AM, MOB said:

A new RuneQuest Design Note from Jeff—there's been a lot of progress on RuneQuest made, including some very big decisions on the product schedule!

TLDR: New RuneQuest will be out for Christmas—and will not be Kickstarted. 

http://www.chaosium.com/blog/designing-the-new-runequest-part-13/

But doesn't RQG look just too much like RQ6 if it's handwritten?

I kid, I kid!  

I think it's a great move grabbing a solid reference *AND* sort of taking it off the version-number treadmill simultaneously.   RQG it is.

• Like 2

RQG (RuneQuest Glorantha) is less hairy and less bit picky? 

• Like 2

Say no to censorship

• "Did he say he was a Rune Lord or that he knew one?"
  • "Go, and never darken my towels again."
  • "Ach Crimmens! Ye smited me...ye craven. Worra, worra. What would me Mum say?"