The new BRP - what are you doing with it?

I used Zero Edition a while back to start a Hollow Earth Expedition campaign. We played about 4 sessions before being diverted by some scenario beta testing for Trail of Cthulhu. I hope to get back to HEX the BRP Way soon.

In addition, I'm PLANNING to produce a BRP supplement dealing with the "Age of Sail". Still making notes, etc.

132/420

Doing a complete port/rehash of Skyrealms of Jorune, including some setting

updates based upon notes from conversations with Andrew Leker, Joe

Coleman/Adams, and stuff from the Jorune website, Sholari James, and

the Jorune Yahoo group. Also, some of my personal spin on things.

That would be great. I've got 2nd and 3rd editions and the problem I had when trying to run it was that the learning curve for my players was too steep. They had to learn the system, the setting and the jargon. It was a step too far for some.

BRP's ability to sit in the bacground would be a definite plus for Jorune.

If you could make this official, that could be a tremendous boost for BRP and Jorune. Its been out of print long enough. Do you know if Chessex still have the rights, or anyone else?

Failing that, I too would be interested in a pdf download when available. .

Likes to sneak around

115/420

That would be great. I've got 2nd and 3rd editions and the problem I had when trying to run it was that the learning curve for my players was too steep. They had to learn the system, the setting and the jargon. It was a step too far for some.

BRP's ability to sit in the bacground would be a definite plus for Jorune.

If you could make this official, that could be a tremendous boost for BRP and Jorune. Its been out of print long enough. Do you know if Chessex still have the rights, or anyone else?

Failing that, I too would be interested in a pdf download when available. .

The rights are owned by Andrew Leker, Amy Leker-Khalish, and Miles Teves

as far as I know. Maybe David Ackerman as well. There might be a handful

of others who helped bankrolled the original. But, definitely the first three.

Chessex has the rights to sell and remaining stock, but that's it.

Yes, I will make the docs available via pdf. I may go so far as to contact

Andrew for a stamp of approval, but I doubt it will ever be considered

"official".

-V

Funny you should say that, I'm actually running A/State with it right now :D

I had a real good time playing it, and the setting looks great. So does the products. How much of it is fluff and how much is rules? And how difficult is the conversion of it?

Working hard to bring my Middle-earth Basic Roleplaying to a format I can post for others to play with. Been playing this with my RPG group for over a year now and its gone through some drafts/re-drafts. :ohwell:

Yay! :)

Also did the City of Heroes BRP stuff but haven't playtested this yet with my RPG group. I will need to revisit this at some stage too as I have noticed some errata in the PDF's I've already posted :o

What was the reason you divided this excellent pdf in two? Was there any problems in uploading it as a single file to size restrictions or anything?

"official".

Yay! :) Our download section is turning into a really great resource! Thanks for sharing people!

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

The rights are owned by Andrew Leker, Amy Leker-Khalish, and Miles Teves

as far as I know. Maybe David Ackerman as well. There might be a handful

of others who helped bankrolled the original. But, definitely the first three.

Chessex has the rights to sell and remaining stock, but that's it.

"official".

-V

Just for a moment there, I visualised a Chaosium licence for Jorune under BRP written by you.

Now that would be something.

I'll be happy with the PDF. Cheers.

Likes to sneak around

115/420

What was the reason you divided this excellent pdf in two? Was there any problems in uploading it as a single file to size restrictions or anything? SGL.

I had real grief in trying to upload that file as one pdf document. :mad: As one pdf file it's a little over 8 meg. After about the tenth try and the upload timing out, I decided to split it into two smaller documents. :(

Currently the Creatures chapter for Middle-earth BRP is around the 34 meg size and so I'll have to probably split that into smaller documents as well. If I zip or rar the file, it still comes out at between 16 to 17 meg.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I could upload the whole file as one pdf rather than splitting them into several files, I would appreciate it. :confused:

I had real grief in trying to upload that file as one pdf document. :mad: As one pdf file it's a little over 8 meg. After about the tenth try and the upload timing out, I decided to split it into two smaller documents. :(

Currently the Creatures chapter for Middle-earth BRP is around the 34 meg size and so I'll have to probably split that into smaller documents as well. If I zip or rar the file, it still comes out at between 16 to 17 meg.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I could upload the whole file as one pdf rather than splitting them into several files, I would appreciate it. :confused:

Where are they located curretly?

Guest Vile Traveller

Played a one-shot adventure based on the movie outland with much success:) next up a mini-scenerio set in the blade runner universe(im a sucker for converting good movies).

Bladerunner is excellent material. I ran quite a long-running campaign, set in Northampton of all places. That was a very interesting RPG experience, with a lot of serious soul-searching by the PCs (and the players). The way it developed from a simplistic bounty-hunter idea was completely unexpected, most of all by me.

Where are they located curretly?

City of Heroes is already in the Downloads section as two pdf files (City of Heroes quickplay pack).

The Middle-earth BRP stuff I am still working to update. So it's not on this site yet. I'm currently working on the Creatures chapter which is around the 35 meg size now.

Working on my "Celtic" setting. The allegiance rules and magic rules really helped me rethink a lot of things, so it's much less of an RQ and more of a BRP setting now. I just finished the "Pictish" shamans chapter. Several more to go.

GURPS Martial Arts converted to BRP, as mentioned elsewhere.

That's a software restriction I have not been able to fix. For some reason, there is a size restriction on the files that people can upload in the download section. It can be circumvented though. If I manually upload a file, I can link it to the download section, and then there's no size restriction. So, if you send the file to me, I can fix it. 34 Mb is bigger than the attachment limit of most email-providers, but I have an online file folder with no size restriction you can upload it to, which I can give you a link to. Most emails can handle at least a 10 Mb attachment, so those can just be emailed. I can also just download the city of heroes quickplay pack, join it together with adobe acrobate and edit the file in the download section (if thats okay with you). Of did you have a new edited version of it?

Dunno, but I'd guess so - last I heard from Dustin was mid July when he was planning to get art assignments for it sorted for the following week. The final edited text (with no maps / art) came to 58 pages, plus the six pre-generated characters...

Hmm... I'll have to go prob Dustin about it! ;)

SGL.

Hello,

Once I can get a hand on it (that is once my flgs in Geneva gets it), we plan to:

- try to convert our current RQIII campaign to it.

- probably try to adapt the current CoC campaigns.

Super games will probably stick to Champions. For modern games, I don't know. I know we have a ringworld fan (both the books and the game), so we will perhaps see a resurgence.

Runequestement votre,

Kloster

That's a software restriction I have not been able to fix. For some reason, there is a size restriction on the files that people can upload in the download section. It can be circumvented though. If I manually upload a file, I can link it to the download section, and then there's no size restriction. So, if you send the file to me, I can fix it. 34 Mb is bigger than the attachment limit of most email-providers, but I have an online file folder with no size restriction you can upload it to, which I can give you a link to. Most emails can handle at least a 10 Mb attachment, so those can just be emailed. I can also just download the city of heroes quickplay pack, join it together with adobe acrobate and edit the file in the download section (if thats okay with you). Of did you have a new edited version of it? SGL.

I can send you the complete original City of Heroes BRP Quickplay Pack pdf if you want to give me either the procedure I need to follow or your email address you want me to send the file to. At just over 8meg I can email it easily enough.

For the Middle-earth stuff, I'll have to send it to you by some other way than email. Let me know which is easiest and I'll send them to you.

I can send you the complete original City of Heroes BRP Quickplay Pack pdf if you want to give me either the procedure I need to follow or your email address you want me to send the file to. At just over 8meg I can email it easily enough.

For the Middle-earth stuff, I'll have to send it to you by some other way than email. Let me know which is easiest and I'll send them to you.

use MailBigFile.com | Send Large Files - Quick & Easy - Free Service - Web Transfer - Pro & Business Accounts

For City of Heroes, use my gmail account: sverrelarne [at] gmail.com

For the middle-earth stuff, pm me your email-adresse, and I'll send you a link. :)

Cheers,

Sverre.

Edited by Trifletraxor

For City of Heroes, use my gmail account: sverrelarne [at] gmail.com

For the middle-earth stuff, pm me your email-adresse, and I'll send you a link. :)

Cheers,

Sverre.

Thanks Trifletraxor. :thumb: I'll do the errata to the City of Heroes pdf and then send it to you over the next week so you can post it. That way at least the file will be updated to the new BRP rule book.

Also thanks PK Games for the link as well. Really appreciate the help with this.

Cheers,

Fergo113

Edited by Fergo113

Well I've been wanting to run a Mib / majestic game for a while now. However I also want to do do some sort of spaghetti western...

How on earth will I include Vampires, zombies, hideous mutants and psi powers into the setting.....:D

So what I'm looking at is a weird historical horror game. In 1898 invaders from the planet mars attacked not only England and Europe but the Americas as well. The most intense battle of the US/Martian war occured in the New Mexico territory of Roswell. A small elite group of Texas Rangers and Civil War Veterans were able to infiltrate a factory stronghold and cripple it with explosives. Shortly afterward the invaders succumbed to earth based bacteria and pathogens.

In the wake of the destruction a strange red weed was found growing near several of the martian factories. In the American west it has proven very hardy and invasive. Efforts have been made to control the weed through chemicals and even burning the very land. It has re-emerged after each such attempt.

The Red Weed has been found to have several strange properties. The first to be discovered was it's teperature. Even on a cold night in the plains the weed remains warm. In fact the "Red Invader" has been found in snowy climates as well. Folks living near large concentrations of the weed come down ill, animals born in effected areas are either changed or stillborn. There are even rumors of folks going loco after trying to eat the weed.

As for the remaining Martians.... they are still there. Hiding, waiting and plotting. Soon the seeds they planted on the earth shall bear twisted and bloody fruit......

Wow, I had a very similar idea Cthulufnord. It was one of the ideas I had for the BRP adventure contest.

A lot of the details differ of course, but all the major Martian elements are there, the Tripods, heat rays, red weed, but also with a Western setting, and I added some Martian parasites for good measure.

I shouldn't be surprised, as we are pulling from the same well, so to speak, but I had to LOL when I saw your post. I think your version has more depth (and would make a fun campaign) while my idea was more of a one-shot type adventure.

Nice work. :D

Hullo, first post and all that. I'm running a pbp game set in a Bronze Age/Mesopotamia type fantasy city (over at RPGnet) and I'm toying with the idea of writing a Sword & Sorcery setting with Savage Worlds style plot points and a more open sandbox style locations & adventure hooks setup. I'm also hoping to run a one player RQII style game for an old friend I used to play RQII with years ago.