The new BRP - what are you doing with it?

I am enamoured with the new BRP corebook, and curious to see what everyone is doing with theirs. My own current projects:

* Urban fantasy, inspired by Iron Kingdoms, New Crobuzon, Cadwallon and WFRP.

* Modern occult espionage, basically taking the best (IMO) parts from Nephilim, Kult, Unknown Armies and Delta Green.

KoOS

Rust i am interested how coverting Mongoose traveller works for you. It sounds like an interesting project.

It is nothing spectacular. I have a well developed homebrew science fiction

setting that started about a year ago as a mixture of GURPS Traveller (tech-

nology, world building, etc.) and Call of Cthulhu (roleplaying rules).

When the new BRP became available, I converted the roleplaying rules from

CoC to BRP, and now I add the Mongoose Traveller character generation sy-

stem (and perhaps some other parts, too) to the mix.

All that needs to be done is to convert Traveller skill levels to BRP percenta-

ges and to write some events tables for my setting, and then I can use Tra-

veller's in my opinion excellent lifepath system for my setting.

As for the other Mongoose Traveller systems, I will probably borrow some

ideas from the trade system and from the world building system, but con-

tinue to use GURPS to design most of the technology.

Later on I will most probably move from the overly complicated GURPS to

Traveller, once the supplements I need for my setting are published: Civili-

an vehicles, especially watercraft, and robots are highest on my list. Flynn

plans to publish a robot guide in early September, so this will be next.

All in all, I have meanwhile integrated so many ideas and parts from so many

games (Space Opera, Thousand Suns, etc.) into my homebrew mix that wor-

king with another generic system like Mongoose Traveller seems easy.

By the way, Vile - who also visits this forum - does something quite similar,

I think. Since he did not have to wait for the German edition of Mongoose

Traveller, he meanwhile probably has much more experience in mixing BRP

and Traveller than I do.

If you are interested in this, you could send him a PM.

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

My fantasy campaign with Savage Worlds just ended this past Saturday. I'm looking real hard at trying something with BRP. About the only thing stopping me is the fact that we have 3 different game lines that need playtesting and I need to be at ground zero on those.

Still... I'll figure something out. BRP is too awesome to not do something with it. ;)

Mike Dukes

VP- Creative Director

www.daringentertain.com

Daring Visions

At the moment, I'm running a Chaos themed dark ages game. The players are members of barbarian tribes, trying to topple a Rome-like Empire by making shady deals with the Chaos gods.

Its nice and gritty. :)

That sounds neat! :happy:

First on my plate is some 1930's Egyptian Adventure gaming. My plan is to use Hollow Earth Expedition, although I'm tempted to fall back on BRP.

The second game of the Semester is going to be a Dark Fantasy game taking place during the Ice age.

I am enamoured with the new BRP corebook, and curious to see what everyone is doing with theirs.

• Outpost 19 - scenario and setting - with Chaosium awaiting art IIRC
  • Couple of short quick start "shorties" for Chaosium (with Dustin, dunno what he's planning to do with them exactly)
  • GEt Uncounted Worlds #1 out the door.
  • Converting my old RQIII fantasy setting Ulfland to BRP
  • Converting my recent post-apocalypse England setting "After the Scoruing" from RQIII to BRP
  • Planning the next phase of my ongoing Call of CThulhu campaign "Northern Lights", as we start again in early November
  • Various scenario ideas percolating away. Have to pick one for the Halloween contest, as I'm annoyed I didn't get the time to finish the one I was working on for the recent BRP contest

I have some time off at the moment, and once I get back home I think I need to sit down and prioritise a bit as well - too many projects on the go at present and I need to re-focus.

:D

Nick

That sounds neat! :happy:

First on my plate is some 1930's Egyptian Adventure gaming. My plan is to use Hollow Earth Expedition, although I'm tempted to fall back on BRP.

Waiting to do something similar. I like the presentation of Hollow Earth, but the rule system is leaving me unfulfilled. Currently using World of Indiana Jones, Callof Cthlhu 1920s, Cliffhangers 2nd Edition for GURPS and Hollow World Expedition for source material, inspiration and ideas for my 1936 pulp era setting revolving around the Lost Pharaoh. But Im also heavily influenced by Tales of the Gold Monkey.

I am enamoured with the new BRP corebook, and curious to see what everyone is doing with theirs.

KoOS

Working hard to bring my Middle-earth Basic Roleplaying to a format I can post for others to play with. Been playing this with my RPG group for over a year now and its gone through some drafts/re-drafts. :ohwell:

With the BRP core rules though, I have had to check through it all to bring it into line with the the core rules. The core rules though have also allowed me to ditch some of the chapters I have already done (eg skills) and to rework others (eg making a player character). It's become more of a project than I had expected, :deadhorse: but I'm working to get the creatures chapter up on this site soon :(

Also did the City of Heroes BRP stuff but haven't playtested this yet with my RPG group. I will need to revisit this at some stage too as I have noticed some errata in the PDF's I've already posted :o

When I finally get started, I'll be working on converting my fantasy campaign world back into BRP, I used first edition RQ a long time ago as the rules system and am interested in using BRP.

Also, I need to convert my sci-fi campaign to use BRP.

Skunk - 285/420 BRP book

You wanna be alright you gotta walk tall

Long Beach Dub Allstars & Black Eyed Peas

On top of my list I have 'BRP4K' (BRP for kids). Basically it means reducing the 400-page BRP core book to a 10-page booklet for children + props (e.g., each weapon and each spell will be listed on a separate card).

On the bottom of my list I have a translation/upgrade of my Chinese rolegame.

I am hosting a cinematic zomb-o-pocalypse.

I went ahead and expanded the zombies into four different types and intend to do the same with ghouls, vampires, ghosts, and werewolves.

I'm very pleased with the adapability of the system!

"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

- H.P. Lovecraft

I'm working on a quasi-historical campaign set in the Crusader States between the first 1st and 2nd crusades.

De Gesta Francorum BRP Campaign

I've always thought RQ3/BRP was a great system for historical gaming.

Hope to start running in late fall after our groups CnC Forgotten Realms campaign ends.

Thats awesome, I did my College Minor in History of the Middle Ages with a specialization focus on the Crusades. TSR released a wonderful sourcebook for AD&D 2nd Edition about the Crusades. You may find it helpful.

I've mentioned this before, but will do so again.

Working on my "Ultimate Stormbringer" ruleset using SB1-5, Elric!, Corum,

Mongoose's Elric, and all of the various supplements for all, as well as

some Call of Cthulhu, and other houserules.

Doing a complete port/rehash of Skyrealms of Jorune, including some setting

updates based upon notes from conversations with Andrew Leker, Joe

Coleman/Adams, and stuff from the Jorune website, Sholari James, and

the Jorune Yahoo group. Also, some of my personal spin on things.

Doing a port of Victory Games' James Bond 007 RPG, including some updated

rules for hardware (newer vehicles and weaponry - and updating the hints

given in the old Q Manual to create your own - some of the numbers no

longer reflect today's world). I will also try to add some more real world

stuff for those who want to do less cinematic espionage/mercenary/private

eye type games, as well as maybe some of the classic Sam Spade/Mike

Hammer stuff.

And, finally, try to get into gear porting Byakhee over to OSX and work on

a more platform agnostic version using Linux, as well as making it more of a

generic BRP app as opposed to Call of Cthulhu.

-V

Played a one-shot adventure based on the movie outland with much success:) next up a mini-scenerio set in the blade runner universe(im a sucker for converting good movies). Anyone have any homebrew stats for john carpenters the thing as i was thinking of starting this one up in a week?

Doing a complete port/rehash of Skyrealms of Jorune, including some setting

updates based upon notes from conversations with Andrew Leker, Joe

Coleman/Adams, and stuff from the Jorune website, Sholari James, and

the Jorune Yahoo group. Also, some of my personal spin on things.

If this should become a PDF for download from BRP Central (or anywhere el-

se) one day, I would be very interested in it. I am convinced that Skyrealms

of Jorune contains a lot of most useful ideas to be "borrowed" for my setting,

but I find it somewhat difficult to "get into" this RPG, and always hoped that

someone else would be so kind to do the hard work ... :D

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

I'm planning on using BRP with Mythic Role Playing in order to help write a movie script or novel.Word Mill Games

Since none of my friends are particularly interested in pen and paper rpgs, I'm going to have to go it alone. So I'm planning on playing a lot of one shots based on survival horror games, and any other computer and video games I like.

I was contemplating a zombie apocalypse game taking place sometime in the swashbuckling era of the 17th and 18th centuries. I imagine my characters would need heavy-duty rapiers that can penetrate a skull, though. And maybe zombies that are intelligent enough to shy away from attacks when they realize it's their vulnerable part the protagonists are going after in order to ensure greater pc survivability. I will have to think about that one a little more.

Nothing as yet - too busy finishing off SimpleQuest. But at some point I aim to take a weekend off and see what I can come up with over 48 hours, really see if the games promise of pick up an play anything you can think up holds true.

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain