Six Ages is out on iOS

MOB

Well I had the impression that it was taking place during history, so after creation of Time and the Storm Age...but then I checked the "Dating the God Time" insert from GTG1 p125, and "the Ice covers Dara Happa" event is dated 109,201 YS, before the dawn, so you may well be right. The next entry says "The World is Destroyed" so...it bodes well :)

I'm loving it too! I love that it's focused on a different culture, although there are also some Orlanthis as well, so it's really cool to see them from a whole new perspective. The fact that it's set in the Storm Age also makes it very refreshing! 

Read the first adventures of my Hyaloring clan here!  ;)

• Like 3

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

On 7/3/2018 at 4:48 PM, JonL said:

Loving all the Hyaloring lore, gods & myths.  How much of this is new vs dug out from old essays & Stafford Library materials?

The whole game is dug up from the Stafford Library. As in KoDP, we had to create new myths, but we used existing material whenever possible.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Daniel Stevenson said:

Will there mayhap be an Android version sometime in the future?

The developers have said they're looking at other platforms for the future. It doesn't help your question, but they've just announced a partnership to develop Windows and MacOS versions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Steve said:

The developers have said they're looking at other platforms for the future. It doesn't help your question, but they've just announced a partnership to develop Windows and MacOS versions.

Although I still would very much like an Android version, I'll look into the Windows one when it comes out.  Thank you!

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2018 at 12:55 AM, Dragonsnail said:

After seeing the hunt image below and the stats  for a T-Rex in Runequest Glorantha Bestiary, I say good luck sending 4 swords and 3 bows to hunt it. :D

https://sixages.com/

S221-1365x1024.jpg

It doesn't really matter, since I can never actually track the stupid thing in the first place to get my fighters eaten.

On 9/7/2018 at 4:18 AM, Steve said:

The next game in the series, "Lights Going Out", is under way - https://blog.sixages.com/index.php/2018/09/06/chapter-two/

Man, it's gonna be fun being a Hyaloring in the Great Darkness. Or a Berennethtelli, I guess? You know, that makes me think it would be cool to make a clan in Heroquest with the Clan Questionnaire modeled after your game of Six Ages. With the clan's wyter being one of your favorite members of the ring and stuff like that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, g33k said:

My understanding is that Android is a tough market to make a good profit.

The topic has been done elsethread... 

It is true, even if the market share is much bigger. Games that aren't "freemium" are much harder to sell on Android, people are reluctant to pay for games. And the market is also extremely fragmented so it is hard to make a game that works on the huge amount of models and operative system versions that exist.