Site Introductions

Trifletraxor

Welcome to BRP Central Bruce! :)

BRP is definitely worth checking out.

Grim and gritty, and no battlemats whatsoever! ;)

What's wrong with battlemats? It's been a rare game for me that we didn't use a battlemat & minis (including BRP-based games).

In my early days, my "battlemat & minis" were an Othello board and scribbles on the white side of tokens!

What's wrong with battlemats?

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that anything was wrong with battlemats. After all, Savage Worlds is one of my favorite systems and it grew out of a miniatures game.

I'm looking for a non-battlemat game, though, because our main game is D&D4E. I'm the backup GM, so I try to do something as different as possible from the main game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Paul and I use the handle Threshold on-line. I live in southern Ontario, Canada and have been gaming for going on thirty years. You name it, I've played it and probably Gm'd it as well. I started with Dumb & Dumber, switched to Runequest and have been a Chaosium junkie eversince. Right now the group I'm playing with has a World of Dorkness fetish and I can't seem to shake them from it. I don't mind it but my favourite system (despite it's quirks and limitations) is still BRP. I have played with the same group of peope for most of that time, with a few folks coming and going as life dictates.

I'm a married professional with a three year old and another on the way. I like to keep my nerdity on the lowdown. I dig these blogs because it's nice to know there are others out there. Recently bought Aces High, loved it, dying to play it. Having trouble finding a BRP group near me. I'm in KItchener Ontario, but currently travel two and a half hours to get to my gamng group. A situation that is not sustainable, so if anyone out there in my area is looking for a player/GM, I'm your man.

Cheers

I'm in KItchener Ontario, but currently travel two and a half hours to get to my gamng group. A situation that is not sustainable, so if anyone out there in my area is looking for a player/GM, I'm your man.

Cheers

Welcome, Paul! You might want to check out nearbygamers.com. It shows a large number of entries near Kitchener.

Hi Threshold,

I live in Toronto and have successfully used Nearbygamers to find 2 people for our current campaign. Pen and Paper Games also has a player finder, but sadly seems to be much more D&D-centric (at least around here).

Good Luck! - And welcome to the forums.

Thalaba

"Tell me what you found, not what you lost" Mesopotamian proverb

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've been lurking the past couple months, but finally picked up BRP and signed up here. Ive been a fan of RQ and CoC since the early 80s, so I was very happy when the almost mythical Deluxe BRP finally made it to the printer. I would have bought it right away but I don't get to do much gaming these days outside of the occasional Dundracon so BRP was a fairly low priority purchase.

My wife has recently started bugging me to start a game for her and our son who turned 9 last May. BRP seems like a perfect game to corrupt the child with, I'm thinking I'll probably grab a pdf of In Search of the Troll Slayer in the next few days.

My wife has recently started bugging me to start a game for her and our son who turned 9 last May. BRP seems like a perfect game to corrupt the child with, I'm thinking I'll probably grab a pdf of In Search of the Troll Slayer in the next few days.

Use props! Kids love props! (miniatures, tiles..)

Hi All,

This seems to be the forum I have been looking for for years. A whole gaggle of games designers swapping info and ideas... paradise nine indeed :)

Hmmm.. some background eh?

I've been roleplaying since '76 when a Canadian kid turned up at my school in the UK with these three funny booklets. I would probably have been a millionaire or finding the cure for cancer if it wasn't for him. But then I wouldn't have half as much fun.

Right from the get go I've never found a set of rules I didn't tweak, add to, refine, bend, fold, staple or mutilate in some fashion. As a result I have had a series of groups who's heads I have played with, most of whom seemed to enjoy it - well they kept coming back.

I am also a bear of very little brain who honestly can't remember more than about forty pages of rules, so I tend to try and keep my own rules short and to the point.

I look forward to mingling with you guys.

Cheers,

Craig.

"These are my principles and if you don't like them...

well I have others" - Groucho Marx.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to add my Hey, y'all!" in. I've been GMing since 1979 (AD&D first, many other games since), introduced my girlfriend to RPGs through Chaosium's terrific Worlds of Wonder in high school...she took to it like a duck to water, so I married her! ;D I'm a big fan of CoC and Stormbringer/Elric!, so I'm delighted with BRP, and anxiously awaiting the arrival of Classic Fantasy and Ace High from Chaosium ("Order Prepared"...what does that mean? :confused:).

"Daddy would've gotten us Uzis."

Hey DMK, welcome to the forum.

Order prepared pretty much means It should be getting ready to go out the door. It may have already actually as I have received orders while it still said that. It wasn't until after I received it that it shipped.

Rod

PS - Aces High is an awesome supplement that you will not be disappointed with, and I HOPE you like Classic Fantasy as well. ;)

Edit: I like your quote, "Night of the Comet" if I remember right.

Edited by threedeesix

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"