New Edition

Tigerwomble

6 hours ago, Mike M said:

Flotsam and Jetsam is a 4 part campaign, each part is independent and played like a single scenario, but forms a larger campaign. It will be out in book form later.

The six part "A Time to Harvest" mini-campaign from Organized Play would be released first as a print book, as this OP campaign preceded Flotsam and Jetsam by at least a few years. Or am I missing something?

5 hours ago, klecser said:

@Mike M, just to be clear, we're not saying you're doing a bad job or anything. This is your cheering squad. ;) That doesn't mean we don't have opinions about what we'd like to see, of course. I am super psyched for the future of CoC!

I know and understand. In the thread, there was a request for episodic campaigns - just pointing out that we have two of these in case people are unaware. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 12:53 PM, Mike M said:

I like The Dreaming Stone, but on release there were some who didn't like it for various reasons. Is there a consensus to see it redeveloped and republished?

I love the Dreaming Stone! So, I'd love to see it redeveloped/ expanded for 7th edition.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't see any need for a new edition of Call of Cthulhu for many years yet. A decade even. 

But I'ld certainly be happy to see a new version of Beyond The Mountains Of Madness to go with the updated versions of Horror on the Orient Express and The Masks of Nylathotep. I would also like to see  a new version of Cthulhu By Gaslight, perhaps covering a wider range of different settings - the default of Victorian England is great, but Gothic Americana could work equally well.

I think occasional revisiting and updating some of the big ticket titles is fine, but I wouldn't want to see it overdone. From my point of view, I have lot of that in back catalogue which is easily converted on-the-fly, so I would prefer to see fresh new stuff being the main focus these days.

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 5

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

There is far too much material and development left to do in this current edition and, if sales are good, it would be folly to break all that for a new edition at this stage. Debates about specific rules pale into insignificance when you consider the whole picture. What we want is updated and new material - of which we know this is all in the pipeline anyway.

That said, 2021 will be a 40th Anniversary for Call of Cthulhu, so it could be an idea to make a special publication - whatever that would be - to mark the occasion. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TrippyHippy said:

That said, 2021 will be a 40th Anniversary for Call of Cthulhu, so it could be an idea to make a special publication - whatever that would be - to mark the occasion. 

IIRC, Mike indicated that there were some special plans for this in the works. 

1 hour ago, RogerDee said:

I'm glad you posted this, but it also begs the question as to why people aren't posting their lists here. Anyone who has played games for any amount of time knows that official forums are the most likely place to be heard by companies.

17 minutes ago, klecser said:

I'm glad you posted this, but it also begs the question as to why people aren't posting their lists here. Anyone who has played games for any amount of time knows that official forums are the most likely place to be heard by companies.

I think because rpg.net would get more responses, allowing it to be posted here.

11 minutes ago, Mike M said:

so, everyone wants everything. : )

I could give you a big list of new and classic books we are/will be working on, but I shall not temp the Old Ones wrath. ; )

A Cthulhu multiverse setting book would be great 😀

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Mike M said:

I could give you a big list of new and classic books we are/will be working on, but I shall not temp the Old Ones wrath. ; )

Rick isn't that old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

5 hours ago, soltakss said:

Rick isn't that old.

I'm more of an Elder Thing than an Old One...

The Chaosium has lots of books in the works, updated versions of classics, wholly brand new ones, etc. 

We hesitate to say much about many things in the works because of disappointing people who want it all "very soon" as opposed to "when we can get to it". For example, saying we're working on an updated Gaslight book inevitably leads to "when will it be done?".

• Like 6

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.