My BRP Reference Sheets

Judas

I was wondering if folks could check out my reference sheets, and make sure I haven't messed anything up. If there are no errors people are welcome to use them, and if errors are found I'll address them.

Thanks!

EDIT:

As requested I whipped up a page and the sheets are now here:

http://members.cox.net/judas66/brp.html

Refer to this page in the future.

Edited by Judas

These are awesome, I plan on using them during my next game. I haven't had an opportunity to completely check them for errors but have not found any yet.

It would be cool if you could expand on them including a separate page to other "optional" rules. For example, my group uses Hit Locations, not the Major Wound rules. I would be neat if someone could print out just the pages that pertain to the type of campaign he or she runs. For example, I could use a page listing the effects of damage on different locations at various hit point levels, in place of the major wound table.

But either way, thanks, these will save some page flipping.

Rod

PS - They look nice too

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

I plan on doing some more as I continue to build up my GM resources. As I get stuff done I'll post it.

Thanks!

These are awesome, I plan on using them during my next game. I haven't had an opportunity to completely check them for errors but have not found any yet.

It would be cool if you could expand on them including a separate page to other "optional" rules. For example, my group uses Hit Locations, not the Major Wound rules. I would be neat if someone could print out just the pages that pertain to the type of campaign he or she runs. For example, I could use a page listing the effects of damage on different locations at various hit point levels, in place of the major wound table.

But either way, thanks, these will save some page flipping.

Rod

PS - They look nice too

Not on the one I have. :P

Really nice. Any way of (easliy) doing non-landscaped ones?

I'll see about it hopefully soon, maybe starting next week. I actually have a plan to make a comprehensive, clean, reorganized set of pages (similar to the ones above) for BRP reference.

BRP is great, but the tables and reference materials tend to be terribly unclear with poor readability and comprehensibility. It makes the system seem more complicated than it actually is (and a bit intimidating to newbies) and I'm trying to come up with a simple package I can hand to a new player and say "Here, this is it. Anything else ask me in play."

This is a long term project though, so forgive me if I slowly come out with this stuff over the next weeks/months. It may not even be possible, as so much of the rules (like the Spot Rules) are nuanced longform text... I will need to condense/simplify stuff which is easy to mess up.

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of good work. :thumb:

Do you have an index page for it all that we could link to in the link page?

SGL.

I'll make a proper page for it if I get a chance tonight. I'm still working on these... as i said, I will eventually make up some portrait pages/combinations, add optional rules, etc.

First time looking at these and have to say it is quite nice. For your project of having a bare bones 'read this' version for new players, there are a few versions already out t ere. I would focus on the simple and intuitive % based skill system as the hook for new players.

-STS

Judas, these are awesome. Thanks for taking the time to do them and sharing your hard work with the community.

Ok, so when can us monograph authors start submitting special requests? :D

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

just to let you know, I tried to access the sorcery character sheet and getting and psychic powerrs character sheet, and get the sorcery amd mutation notes

Oops. Should be OK now.

EDIT:

Also, I am currently doing some Classic Fantasy work for threedeesix, so it will be a bit before I get going on refining and adding to my reference sheets.

Edited by Judas

• 2 years later...