Augmenting Your Eyeballs With The Runequest Starter Set!

klecser

1 minute ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Of course, by ordering from a FLGS... well, I do our hobby a favour, but the anticipation I will have to suffer through as I wait to get a PDF until I have a physical copy... oh the pain!

Who says I'm not going to buy copies from my FLGS for my entire play group? 😉 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Of course, by ordering from a FLGS... well, I do our hobby a favour, but the anticipation I will have to suffer through as I wait to get a PDF until I have a physical copy... oh the pain!

Ha!

At least your FLGS which can get a copy is on the same continent!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Shiningbrow said:

At least your FLGS which can get a copy is on the same continent!!!

To be fair, that's a fairly reasonable and indeed minimal expectation from the "L" part! 😄

With all apologies to the British Antarctic Survey and colleagues...

• Haha 1

On 9/27/2021 at 4:04 AM, Beoferret said:

"It's probably going to be a couple more weeks before it releases worldwide."

😭

It's for the best. I just need to remind myself that every morning - otherwise there'll be a daily anguished gnashing of teeth, weeping, and rending of garments.

… and I read on FB that it is already in the Australian warehouse dammit! I could be there in 30 minutes…  😖. I’d even spring a copy for @Jason D too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/28/2021 at 5:02 AM, RandomNumber said:

… and I read on FB that it is already in the Australian warehouse dammit! I could be there in 30 minutes…  😖. I’d even spring a copy for @Jason D too

So, the RQ Starter Set shipments have arrived in Australia and the U.S. (obviously). If they're in the U.S., I'm going to assume that they also arrived at the Canadian warehouse. They're probably at the warehouse in Europe too (making a big assumption here), if only taking shipping times into account.  My suspicion is that the main hold-up is Britain, which has been experiencing a lot of problems getting imports processed and then shipped throughout the country. Despite the spoiled 8 year old in my head stomping his feet and yelling "but I want it now!", I think waiting for the simultaneous release from all warehouses is a good idea. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

Speaking as a UK resident Brit, I would not howl with outrage if it were available elsewhere in the world first. I think that was the case with the RBoM in Australia, they had to wait a little longer.

Agreed  - I don't see why ROW should be delayed because of UK stupidity 

Always start what you finish.

12 hours ago, glassneedles said:

As a Brit I’d agree with Phil Hibbs. I’d also like to extend an apology on behalf of the country for everything (which is a very very broad category when it comes to my country 😞). 

Unspecified other country:  "Hold our Miller Lite."

On 9/29/2021 at 2:55 PM, Beoferret said:

So, the RQ Starter Set shipments have arrived in ... the U.S. (obviously)... 

To me, it's not "obvious" that the US distribution centers have theirs, as yet.

Given GenCon, it's entirely possible that Chaosium simply decided to eat the cost of 1 pallet of expedited-shipping, to get a few copies onshore quickly.

( I've been reading accounts of the backed-up container-ships at the USA's ports on the Pacific... )

C'es ne pas un .sig

2 hours ago, g33k said:

To me, it's not "obvious" that the US distribution centers have theirs, as yet.

Given GenCon, it's entirely possible that Chaosium simply decided to eat the cost of 1 pallet of expedited-shipping, to get a few copies onshore quickly.

( I've been reading accounts of the backed-up container-ships at the USA's ports on the Pacific... )

Fair point. But I'm pretty sure the container ship that we were told was carrying the shipment for the U.S. arrived, docked, and is back across the Pacific at this point. Hell, it might be back off the coast of California by now. I checked the ship tracker (that was linked to in another thread) every couple of days and that sure seems to be what happened. I'm making the assumption that the shipment was unloaded, since there was at least one day where the ship was docked, and then sent on their merry way to Minnesota. Not long after (maybe a week or two?), Gen Con convened.

3 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

How do ships get to Minnesota???

😁

Some ships are sufficiently big they can only get so far away from Minnesota!  MV Paul R. Tregurtha  (In Duluth, MN at time of typing.)

(I knew the term "Pananamax", but didn't realize until a small googlefest a moment ago there was also a Neopananamax standard...  and Suezmax, Handymax, Malaccamax, Q-Max, and -- the one at least minimally relevant to this thread -- Seawaymax.)

I feel this is the cue for a song, but it's Gordon Lightfoot's night off...  https://youtu.be/8njFyDCdM_c  Warning, mathrock.  May cause uncontrollable chin-stroking and thoughtful nodding.

Edited by Alex

13 hours ago, Beoferret said:

... I checked the ship tracker (that was linked to in another thread) every couple of days and that sure seems to be what happened. I'm making the assumption that the shipment was unloaded, since there was at least one day where the ship was docked ...

OK, you have knowledge I didn't!
(tyvm!)

I checked a few times, but then stopped checking when I realized that other shipments -- to other distribution-centers -- meant the USA delivery didn't actually mark any genuine US availability.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 10/2/2021 at 12:54 AM, PhilHibbs said:

Speaking as a UK resident Brit, I would not howl with outrage if it were available elsewhere in the world first. I think that was the case with the RBoM in Australia, they had to wait a little longer.

Correct. Although with RBoM we had the PDF already; it was just the hardcopy we waited for a little longer.