Scorpionmen & Spirit of Law

Erol of Backford

9 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

They are illuminated...? A Lhankor Mhy wants it to study and to question/interrogate so a larger strike against chaos may be had against the Print? Maybe the want to milk its poison to develop antidotes?

Yes, that sort of thing... Exactly.  Your classic scholar dabbling in the Cthulhu mythos for "the good of everyone" because "I, as a scholar, with purely altruistic aims, can be trusted".

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Erol of Backford said:

Has anyone used duck or flamingo scorpionmen? Wack wack wack... or do you prefer quack quack? I see chaos strange things happening as any scorpion queen tries different breading programs? Why not other races? What is the most interesting you have attempted and what worked the best for you?

image.png.d5b756305c2dfab45da30dbba42a2d5a.png

I know broo will resemble the creature they are born from. But do scorpionmen resemble the creature their queen ate alive?  Or does its chaotic-tainted spirit just reside in a generic scorpion man body?

The scorpion duck certainly triggers the imagination.  Perhaps a new chaotic feature: triggers uncontrollable laughter, victim will roll on the floor.

😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Squaredeal Sten said:

But do scorpionmen resemble the creature their queen ate alive?

I'm sure I remember a horse-headed scorpionman in a supplement, but can't find it. Anyone?

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

9 hours ago, Squaredeal Sten said:

I know broo will resemble the creature they are born from. But do scorpionmen resemble the creature their queen ate alive?

Yes.  But they do have to be sentient creatures, so you'll generally have humans and trolls where those are the most prominent species (e.g. around Dragon Pass).  Gorilla, Duck, Baboon, Elf, morocanth, beastman - those are all possible.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

Yes.  But they do have to be sentient creatures, so you'll generally have humans and trolls where those are the most prominent species (e.g. around Dragon Pass).  Gorilla, Duck, Baboon, Elf, morocanth, beastman - those are all possible.

Beastman? This is becoming complicated, as I see beastmen as already being part-men and part-beast. How can you have a scorpion centaur, and what would he be like?

9 hours ago, David Scott said:

I'm sure I remember a horse-headed scorpionman in a supplement, but can't find it. Anyone?

I would be very honoured if you remember it from my scenario "A Short Detour".... although it was a horse-headed broo, and not a scorpion-man (although there were a couple scorpion-men in the same squad of NPCs).

image.png.9e01b7b56e17c24815462e6856b065be.png

14 hours ago, Squaredeal Sten said:

I know broo will resemble the creature they are born from. But do scorpionmen resemble the creature their queen ate alive?  Or does its chaotic-tainted spirit just reside in a generic scorpion man body?

RQ2 Cults of Terror has the "Ritual of Rebirth" special Rune spell for a Scorpion Queen to transform someone into one of her scorpion-men (I can't find it in the new RQG RBoM so I don't know what became of that spell?) FWIW, the queen eats the person, and what comes out of the egg is a scorpion with the torso of whatever it was before. So yes, you can have scorpion-ducks and scorpion-trolls and scorpion-beast-men and whatever else you want. I assume the subject had to be intelligent though so a scorpion-horse would be only in a rare case of an awakened horse turned to Chaos.

I assume that if one of the new scorpion-duck is female, she could leave the nest and become a queen of her own nest and voila, you have a tribe of scorpion-ducks.

In a completely unrelated subject, there may or may not be now a tribe of scorpion-ducks in my Glorantha, weirdly placed somewhere nearby wherever my players are headed to next. Funny how that happens.

Edited by Lordabdul
  • Haha 2

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

58 minutes ago, Lordabdul said:

In a completely unrelated subject, there may or may not be now a tribe of scorpion-ducks in my Glorantha, weirdly placed somewhere nearby wherever my players are headed to next. Funny how that happens.

No offense to @Erol of Backford, but now I want to see one of the talented artists on the boards tackle the noble subject of scorpion-ducks... Probably @Stew Stansfield or @Lordabdul! That way I could integrate it into Legendary Duck Tower...

Edited by AlHazred
  • Like 1

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

38 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

A blend of whichever features provide MGF.  Maybe it's just the manticore face with scorpion body.  Maybe the first forelegs are lion legs.  Maybe there are two stingers.  Etc.

Maybe each of its forearms are stingers, and the tail is replaced by a manticore head on a long, prehensile neck.

[img DiscoveryChannelAliensGuy.gif] "CHAOS!" [/img]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

17 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Has anyone used duck or flamingo scorpionmen? Wack wack wack... or do you prefer quack quack? I see chaos strange things happening as any scorpion queen tries different breading programs? 

I’m trying to figure out whether or not that was a typo.🙂

Edited by Mark Mohrfield
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mark Mohrfield said:

I’m trying to figure out whether or not that was a typo.🙂

What, you think the Scorpion Queen is going to eat her opponents raw? Like some sort of, I don't know, some sort of savage? Everybody knows proper breading is key to cooking the most succulent and delicious of sentient creatures!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ROLAND VOLZ

8 hours ago, Lordabdul said:

I assume the subject had to be intelligent though so a scorpion-horse would be only in a rare case of an awakened horse turned to Chaos.

Wouldn't these bad boys be neat as scorpionmen? Breathing fire and a poison stinger? Would they have hooves or arms! I love demonic chaos sounds absolutely devious.

image.png.4a78e92ebeaf108c7a78402e9973cdb5.png

Edited by Erol of Backford
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Erol of Backford said:

Wouldn't these bad boys be neat as scorpionmen? Breathing fire and a poison stinger? Would they have hooves or arms! I love demonic chaos sounds absolutely devious.

image.png.4a78e92ebeaf108c7a78402e9973cdb5.png

But how do the scorpion men get a demon horse to eat?  They could eat scorpion men for all we know.  There would have to be one impressive back story.

So what is your back story?

2 hours ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

please imagine this but with a flamingo. preferably standing only on one of the flamingo legs.

So a Flamingo Queen ate a Centaur, which hatched into what... this?

image.png.a5535cc52d15fe2963274b6d938462ac.png

Come on, this is getting silly now.

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1