Cults of RuneQuest: The Lunar Way releasing on May 22nd

MOB

On 4/20/2024 at 8:07 AM, Darius West said:

In Xmas you said The Lunar Way would be released in March, so in April  I'm optimistically hoping for a September release date. 😄

I get it.  Proofreading is a B!TCH. 

It is disappointing that there's been no official communication from Chaosium about the delay.

Edited by Scornado
pressed publish before writing comment!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Scornado said:

It is disappointing that there's been no official communication from Chaosium about the delay.

There has been; just not a big all-social-media push.

Basically:  "Shipping problems.  We're not sure how long before they clear up, so we are not announcing a new ETA."

I think it's that "not sure how long... so not announcing" element, that makes Chaosium not feel like a big all-social-media push is the thing to do.

(honestly, I disagree with that final element -- I think they should have made a big a-s-m push; we are seeing this sort of sentiment in pretty much every social media venue)

Edited by g33k
  • Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

2 hours ago, g33k said:

Basically:  "Shipping problems.  We're not sure how long before they clear up, so we are not announcing a new ETA."

I think it's that "not sure how long... so not announcing" element, that makes Chaosium not feel like a big all-social-media push is the thing to do.

(honestly, I disagree with that final element -- I think they should have made a big a-s-m push; we are seeing this sort of sentiment in pretty much every social media venue)

Have they said ANY of that on Twitter/X?  Their feed is a bit too busy for me to check, but perhaps you follow them and recall.  As far as I know, their response has consisted of a couple of informal replies on this forum.

Edit: they did mention the delay on X back on 4/11.   Someone on the Discord helpfully tracked that down.

Edited by Jason Farrell
  • Helpful 1

4 hours ago, Molok Medramerek said:

If I'm not mistaken, several other books were scheduled for release in April, including Pendragon Core Rulebook, The Grey Knight, and—last but not least—The Order of the Stone. Any updates on these releases would be appreciated.

Since tone doesn't always come across, I am asking this in a friendly way. No big deal.

Could you ask over on the Pendragon forums? The reason I ask, is last time someone started asking about Call of Cthulhu releases (Against the Static) MOB made a point to update the status over here. Bereft of any information, I got my hopes up that CoG: The Lunar Way was arriving with it. I asked him to clarify but he never came back.

And I hope those books are available for you soon. Appreciate it.

EDIT: It is interesting that it's across product lines.

Edited by Wheel Shield
See above
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Wheel Shield said:

Since tone doesn't always come across, I am asking this in a friendly way. No big deal.

Could you ask over on the Pendragon forums? The reason I ask, is last time someone started asking about Call of Cthulhu releases (Against the Static) MOB made a point to update the status over here. Bereft of any information, I got my hopes up that CoG: The Lunar Way was arriving with it. I asked him to clarify but he never came back.

And I hope those books are available for you soon. Appreciate it.

EDIT: It is interesting that it's across product lines.

No offence taken. I was just pointing out that the delays are affecting not only the RuneQuest line, but also Pendragon and Call of Cthulhu. I’m eagerly waiting for the release of The Lunar Way just like everyone else.

I didn't mean to raise your hopes like that. Sorry!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Molok Medramerek said:

No offence taken. I was just pointing out that the delays are affecting not only the RuneQuest line, but also Pendragon and Call of Cthulhu. I’m eagerly waiting for the release of The Lunar Way just like everyone else.

I didn't mean to raise your hopes like that. Sorry!

No worries, it was like a week and a half ago.

7 hours ago, metcalph said:

Given the cause of the shipping delays (Houthis), it would be astonishing if the delay only affected some product lines and not others.

Ironically, this is basically what happens when Lunars board some sort of giant boat/cradle type thing heading down a river/canal.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, g33k said:

I would be happy with a small blog post on the Chaosium site updating the "Flying March 2024" post ... no need for it to be anywhere else.  If a company maintains a website that is where it should post its news at minimum IMHO

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Scornado said:

I would be happy with a small blog post on the Chaosium site updating the "Flying March 2024" post ... no need for it to be anywhere else.  If a company maintains a website that is where it should post its news at minimum IMHO

Yeah.
Chaosium website should be kept up to date.

This page:
 https://www.chaosium.com/blogcoming-in-march-cults-of-runequest-the-lunar-way/
should be prefaced with something along the lines of:
"We apologize.  There have been shipping problems getting this to our warehouse.  We will update this page as soon as we have a new, reliable date."

And then, Chaosium can quote that, or link to it, across all social media.

Edited by g33k
  • Like 8

C'es ne pas un .sig

the only thing I hope now is that chaosium will announce that we can buy the product in another post, because this one is a little bit frustrating.

No offence, people, just that as a too much empathic person, I feel your frustration, and it adds to my own

So I will try to avoid reading this thread, but I don't want to miss the date !

5 hours ago, metcalph said:

Yes; slightly more detail here:
https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/23295-shipping-fulfilment-update-29-april-2024/

(TL;DR -- 22 May for most warehouses; but not 'til the following month  in AU)

Edited by g33k
  • Thanks 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

• Scotty changed the title to Cults of RuneQuest: The Lunar Way releasing on May 22nd