Out now: a new look Glorantha Sourcebook

MOB

Glorantha Sourcebook

“Glorantha is my personal North Star as an author of vast fantasy game narratives...”
— Ken Rolston, (The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

RuneQuest: The Glorantha Sourcebook is a guide to the mythical world of Bronze Age fantasy created by legendary game designer Greg Stafford. It is every RuneQuest player’s stepping stone into legend—a journey that continues with the Guide to Glorantha, and ends in your imagination!

This new edition contains revised, updated, and expanded content drawn from a variety of long out-of-print and rare sources. Alongside an updated internal design to bring RuneQuest:The Glorantha Sourcebook in line with modern RuneQuest titles, it also has a brand new cover by stellar artist LoÏc Muzy. This edition also includes updated genealogy tables, some new art, and new maps.

yelmalio-and-zz.png

RuneQuest: The Glorantha Sourcebook details Glorantha, the signature setting for RuneQuest. This book is a supplement without rules or a game system This allows you to apply the setting of Glorantha to any game system of your choice, or delve into one of the most richly imagined fantasy worlds ever created.

Also available in a special leatherette version!

What the critics said about the previous edition of the Glorantha Sourcebook

• "The best most affordable introduction to the rich fantasy world of Glorantha so far." — Runeblogger.
  • "Drawing on long out-of-print sources, and including new materials, this belongs in the collection of new Glorantha fans and old timers alike… vividly told, beautifully illustrated, and inspirational." — Andrew Logan Montgomery.
  • "An excellent introduction and guide, and probably the exact amount you’ll ever need to run your own Glorantha campaign." — Vintage RPG.
  • 2019 ENnie Awards - Best Supplement (Gold)

Get your copy of RuneQuest: The Glorantha Sourcebook today from Chaosium.com!

Glorantha Sourcebook Leatherette

• Full color hardcover: $44.99 (price inc. PDF)
  • Special leatherette version: $90.00 (price inc. PDF)
  • PDF: $22.99

Also available at DriveThruRPG: $22.99
And in retail distribution.

Please note this title is will be available from our Australian warehouse in June. 

Edited by MOB
  • Like 7

• MOB featured and pinned this topic

Is there any chance we could get a more substantial preview on Chaosium's storefront or over on DriveThruRPG? The five preview pages are from the front matter. If this edition's new content is mostly artwork, I'd love to be able to see some of it so I can decide if I want to upgrade. 😅 Right now I can't really see enough information to know whether or not I should plan to get the book. Thanks!

• Like 2

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

Looks lovely, but it would be great to know what the major additions are, given that many of us already have the original edition which we thought was current.

• Like 3

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

3 hours ago, Mankcam said:

Looks lovely, but it would be great to know what the major additions are, given that many of us already have the original edition which we thought was current.

There are no major additions, but there's another thread on this forum that bullets the changes that were made.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jason Farrell said:

Why is this book available for purchase, and The Lunar Way is not?

The Lunar Way is a brand new book. They want a coordinated media campaign to coincide with a worldwide release, so they are waiting until it's in all the warehouses.

The general rule is, they don't release a product until it's in all the warehouses. Sometimes there are exceptions to this - I guess as the new Sourcebook is not a brand new release in that it's an update of an existing product, there's less to gain by having a big media blitz to coincide with a worldwide release of a brand new exciting book.

• Like 1

Not sure where best to put this, but I'll try here. I know this may be difficult with nervousness around large file sizes, but it would be really nice to get a higher-resolution PDF of the new 2nd edition Glorantha Sourcebook - I'm particularly looking at Katrin's coin images in the various royal genealogies, where both the images and the text would benefit from being rendered at a higher resolution. Because, you know, who doesn't want to zoom in and admire Jar-Eel, Sorana Tor et al more closely?

• Like 3

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.

4 minutes ago, Darius West said:

A pity I got the older edition.

I have a shelf for HeroQuest, and one for RQG. 
The old version of "The Glorantha Sourcebook" will be displayed with the HeroQuest books (and the layout suggests, that that was the intended line it belongs to), and the new edition will complete the RQG shelf. Problem solved! 😉

• Like 2