You know you're a gamer when.....

Agentorange

When somebody asks you "What are the chances of that happening, eh?", you can usually give them an immediate off-the-cuff answer, to within a few percent...

Somewhere, secretly, you have a BRP character sheet where you've tried to work up your own stats... but you probably lied about your STR stat... and probably POW... oh, and maybe INT, too... hey, it's just a game, is'n'it?

You have a pair of percentile dice which have all the corners worn off so bad you can't use them anymore, but you keep them - for "sentimental" reasons.

Whenever you see a house plan in an estate agent's window, you think "heyyy... I could use that..." and immediately start imagining numbering each room and working out where the secret doors are...

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

As a player.

When you watch a film or TV series where the actors split up in the zombie ridden/Alien/gangster ridden house and Think. "Pah, never catch one of my characters doing something that dumb..."

As a GM re the above: "oh...the actors have split up. If this was one of my games they would be in real trouble about now..Heh! Heh!" >:->

(More so if a Cthulhu Keeper.) :thumb:

When somebody asks you "What are the chances of that happening, eh?", you can usually give them an immediate off-the-cuff answer, to within a few percent...

Somewhere, secretly, you have a BRP character sheet where you've tried to work up your own stats... but you probably lied about your STR stat... and probably POW... oh, and maybe INT, too... hey, it's just a game, is'n'it?

You have a pair of percentile dice which have all the corners worn off so bad you can't use them anymore, but you keep them - for "sentimental" reasons.

Whenever you see a house plan in an estate agent's window, you think "heyyy... I could use that..." and immediately start imagining numbering each room and working out where the secret doors are...

I'm guilty of everything except the dice part:o:D

When the weather person says there is going to be a 60% chance of rain and you run in your game room and get the dice.

When you have a game room that doesn't have a pool table in it.

When you cancel the weekly game because it's you and your wifes

10 year anniversary and she gets upset and makes you call everyone

back.

All true,

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

You know you're a gamer when...

...you refer to reality as "my other campaign."

...your spouse tells you to come to bed and you argue that your character only needs 4 hours of sleep to regain all your MP.

...you're in the hospital and wonder what the doctor's Physik skill rating is.

When watching a movie (any movie), you start picking characters with the other gamers watching the movie and have them all statted up in 5 minutes and use the movie like a "convention game" with a railroading GM :)

As you read a book, you start statting up all the interesting characters "just in case" you need an NPC...in three different gaming systems "just to make sure".

-STS

...when you find yourself compelled to point out that d10's aren't strictly platonic solids...

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

...when you find yourself compelled to point out that d10's aren't strictly platonic solids...

Indeed, the pentagonal trapezohedron is NOT a platonic solid :D That's cuz Basic Roleplaying channels the SIXTH ELEMENT!

"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

- H.P. Lovecraft

...You regularly carry a "travel size" dicebag in your backpack/briefcase/purse/etc. "just in case you need them."

*Looks at his leather satchel sitting next to him, which is currently occupied by an RPG, a folder full of character and reference sheets, and a bag of 25 dodecahedrons necessary to play said RPG*

You never know... I've yet to run into a game just spontaneously happened (especially at work), but dammit, I'm prepared!

"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

- H.P. Lovecraft

...You regularly carry a "travel size" dicebag in your backpack/briefcase/purse/etc. "just in case you need them."

You take your "lucky dice" to Iraq and Afghanistan...and you have run a quick pick up game in an Iraqi Police Station with four other guys in between guard shifts who just happen to have their characters sheets....

-STS

You take your "lucky dice" to Iraq and Afghanistan...and you have run a quick pick up game in an Iraqi Police Station with four other guys in between guard shifts who just happen to have their characters sheets....

-STS

Guilty, though not in a IPS.

Slade, this might be a stupid question because of your screen name, whats you MOS?