Bath room curtain?

Tobbe-A

Is it necessarily Gloranthan?

If that was Sedenya in the centre then shouldn't she have a Red Moon halo instead of a yellow one? I must admit that does look a lot like Yelm up in the top left corner, but I guess it could also be any ancient figure. But he is fighting a blue skinned warrior with a horned helmet emerging from clouds..that could possibly be interpreted as a depiction of Orlanth or Heler perhaps...

That figure in the bottom right hand corner could easily depict some type of Thai Demon... but it also sure looks a lot like an Uz... and many of those symbols surrounding the centre figure appear to be Gloranthan Runes...

...yes, agreed, it's pretty suss...

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

Ah right - I have HQG but haven't read it too much as I am more of a RQ/BRP GM ...well in that case it is Glorantha heh heh. BTW is that the Red Goddess in the centre? Did I get the others right?

More to the point, Moon Design/Chaosium should contact Amazon to get the product taken down, or work out royalties

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

1 hour ago, Mankcam said:

Ah right - I have HQG but haven't read it too much as I am more of a RQ/BRP GM ...well in that case it is Glorantha heh heh. BTW is that the Red Goddess in the centre? Did I get the others right?

Correct except the central figure is an Illuminated Ernalda priestess from the temple at Ezel (...of course!).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mankcam said:

I have HQG but haven't read it too much as I am more of a RQ/BRP GM

I'd suggest in your case cutting out the reading completely and just looking at the pictures. There's some really good new stuff in there (if I do say so myself): starting with the map on page 22, all of the cultural peoples drawings, Kalin's comic style illustrations of the examples, the Major Class Magicians from the Lunar College of Magic, the superb colour plate with the Warlock on it, the new colour version of the Red Goddess's quest, the shower curtain from Arkat's Hold and of course, Babeester Gor's superb severed genitalia necklace on the cover.

• Like 2

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

I played Hero Wars when it first came out, but wasn't overly impressed with it back then, and returned to using RQ3 and BRP for Glorantha. 

When HQG was published I mainly bought it just to support Moon Design to keep all this Gloranthan content rolling. After reading it I find that I actually don't mind the system, it feels like it flows better than Hero Wars, I do like its narrative focus, but my players are more into BRP so I never became overly familiar with it, although I have a renewed interest in it at present. 

In regards to the system however I think I would prefer to see HQ done for a Pulp Adventure/Noir Era setting rather than a fantasy setting, but that's just me. I can see that it does Heroic Age flavour quite well.

I tend to read the G2G for most of my Gloranthan fixes these days, along with the Sartar books and Pavis books for HQ, and the Gloranthan Classics compilations that Rick compiled a few years ago. I have got The Coming Storm pdf, it looks good, and it's in my reading backlog at present.

I will have to take another good look at the HQG book itself. I love the quality production of the book, so I know RQ will look equally as good. I do tend to look at the pics as you say, the colour plates are great, and I find those little b&w pics of the figures very useful for getting a feel of the different cultures.  

Well I think I will sink my teeth into it while waiting for RQ. It feels very much like an extension of the G2G, and I need to keep expanding my Gloranthan knowledge

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jongjom said:

Correct except the central figure is an Illuminated Ernalda priestess from the temple at Ezel (...of course!).

That makes much more sense. I thought it was Sedenya and possibly the World Spike in the background, and a reference to the Red Moon and the World Spike that I was unaware of. Although the yellow halo was confusing, indicating that it wasn't the Red Moon after all.

I would have got it eventually ... maybe ( cough, cough) :D

But back on topic, I hope Chaosium/Moon Design look into this and either get their royalties or get the product off Amazon, it's just blatantly bad form. 

However it does raise the idea of 'novelty' products, which do seem to sell quite well. Plush Cthulhus are a good example, along with the 'Cthulhu For President' stuff, and this new card game Khan Of Khans looks to be another fun novelty product.

Online stores like ThinkGeek are an excellent outlet for fanzine novelties, and I'm all for it as long as the original creators are getting something out of it. If the original creators are involved then its all good as long as they keep their eye on the main game and don't digress too much into just bringing out novelties per see. 

So I wonder if Moon Design/Chaosium is getting anything from this product?

Edited by Mankcam

On 6 August 2016 at 0:52 PM, jongjom said:

The picture is actually "a mystic diagram is from the House of Black Arkat in the Esrolian city of Arkat’s Hold. It depicts an Illuminate who has been guided by Arkat’s teachings to transcend the struggles and woes of the Gods War.

[snip]

This diagram is remarkable in the amount of iconographic details shown on the various deities, and for the tribal and temple tattoos on the Illuminate, who can clearly be identified as an Ernalda priestess from the temple at Ezel."

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

5 hours ago, Jenx said:

I derived endless amusement and confusion from this thing. Not because of the obvious copyright violation and theft of my work, but just the fact that, well, it's a shower curtain! Who would even buy this thing?!

Me of course. If it was legit.

11 hours ago, Jenx said:

I derived endless amusement and confusion from this thing. Not because of the obvious copyright violation and theft of my work, but just the fact that, well, it's a shower curtain! Who would even buy this thing?!

Hellerites

17 hours ago, Iskallor said:

Me of course. If it was legit.

+1

(And I hope you get them to TAKE IT DOWN.  It's probably worth looking through their whole store, and reporting similar violations to any other content-owners...

C'es ne pas un .sig

Choasium just needs to get the right format for their novelties. I don't need any plush Cthulhus, but I'ld buy any of this Lovecraftian or Gloranthan stuff if it's on a coffee mug :)

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 1

If it was legit I would totally buy a Gloranthan shower curtain. Also cushions, phone covers, drink coasters, notebooks and mugs. For starters. 

I realise that I'm probably in a minority, but its not that hard to put up a redbubble store. Seriously, Chaosium or the artists themselves (I don't know how licencing etc goes), you should do this. 

I'd love to see a Glorantha map shower curtain. Why not? Warner Bros. sells a shower curtain with Daniel Reeve's map of Middle-earth; I don't know what the resolution of the image is (and at US$59.46, I'm certainly not buying it to find out), but if you wanted a reeeally big map for your The One Ring campaign...

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason