Chronicles of Future Earth

smiorgan

It's an amazing book.

I haven't used it but I've thought about using it in a Young Kingdoms worlds jumping game. I'd lean heavily on the published adventure 'Worms Within,' only the PCs appear and are suspected of being instigators of the strange things happening in Korudav. Koroman is after them soon after they arrive but Batrabas Blueskin suspects that they're something much more.

Sunswords and energy maces, all kinds of cool creatures and demons... I think it would be a great place to visit.

• Like 2

70/420

58 minutes ago, Chaot said:

I haven't used it but I've thought about using it in a Young Kingdoms worlds jumping game. I'd lean heavily on the published adventure 'Worms Within,' only the PCs appear and are suspected of being instigators of the strange things happening in Korudav.

Great idea. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have it and liked some ideas but I found it weighed too much on the 'fantasy' side of science-fantasy. Swords of Cydoria was more my cup of tea.

It's one of those games I wanted to use some ideas from, but never found a way to do it.

Edited by Questbird
  • Like 3

The last I read on the Mindjammer forums, Chronicles of Future Earth was going to have its own system. It wasn't stated whether it was RQ derived, Fate, or some other system. However, with wrapping up the stretchgoals of the Mindjammer Kickstarter and fulfilling the Capharnaum Kickstarter, I don't think Sarah Newton will be able to return to CoFE any time soon. 

On 1/23/2018 at 8:37 AM, Sean_RDP said:

There is a new version of the game by Mindjammer and TDM, unless that is the version of which you are speaking.

I'm pretty sure that (planned but never produced) version is officially Not Going To Happen.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 8 months later...

Since Sarah Newton is quite simply an astonishing worldbuilder, I'll get this one regardless. I'm not the biggest fan of Fate (though I might give it a few more tries; I like the concepts behind it, but I seem to be unable to make them shine at the gaming table - it all seems so mechanistic ...), however, I'm an fan of the setting and have been waiting for it for a long time.

18 hours ago, AndreJarosch said:

Chronicles of Future Earth looks promising, but by mentioning the word FATE they has lost me as a customer. 
I am a D100 guy, and if i want to play more story telling wise, why should i choose FATE, when i am familiar with HeroQuest? 
(rhetorical question, don´t bother to answer)

I'll answer anyway: HeroQuest and Fate are totally different types of rpgs with a very different focus; I'm not even sure I'd say that Fate is for playing "story-telling wise". It is very crunchy, in a way, and while it's fate point economy tends to enforce certain dramatic rhythms, I really think that a comparision with HQ does a disfavour to both. They strive to do different things.

• 3 months later...

I wanted to like the original BRP Future Earth, but it was a bit of an unfinished product in my view. Sarah Newton is a great creator but the slim volume seemed a product of time/page count constraints. Sadly I'm not a fan of FATE so that's where it will remain for me unfortunately. This type of setting is right up my alley but I think I'll need to do my own to get what I want.