creativehum

A List of Glorantha Products by Timeline

Has anyone put together a list of all Glorantha related products across different game lines according to the historical years each product covers.

Examples:

• Sartar Rising: Orlanth is Dead (1613-1625)
  • Red Cow: The Eleven Lights (1618-1625)
  • RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha (1625-  )

And so on.

i ask because there is an incredible amount of material scattered across many books. And if someone wants inspiration for setting up games in different time periods it would be very useful to have.

i believe some books are no longer "canon" -- but for the purposes of this thread I'm ignoring that. 

Does such a list exist? Could such a list be cobbled together?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, creativehum said:

Does such a list exist? Could such a list be cobbled together?

Not that I recall, but yes could be cobbled together.

Roughly:

Probably pre-1613: Apple Lane.

1616-1621:  Borderlands, Pavis, Big Rubble, Sun County, Shadows on the Borderlands.  Starts with the Grantlands campaign in Borderlands and culminates with the Giant's Cradle in 1621.  Strangers in Prax largely overlaps (depending on what you do with the Coders).  Griffin Mountain fits this period too, though as a sandbox, can be rather loose in dates.

1617-1621:  Dorastor: Land of Doom (Risklands campaign)

1618-1625:  Sartar Rising sequence, The Coming Storm, Eleven Lights.  SKoH and Sartar Companion fit in 1618-1620.

1625+:  RQG including Quickstart

This would be a great list. I havent played so much in Glorantha since becoming an adult but is now planning to launch a campaign with friends. But I also own most of the old products and are thinking about starting in 1616 or 1621 so that I will be able to use the old scenarios. I guess/hope that Chaosium will have published a lot of 1625+ material when my group reaches that year. I think that the groups can start in Prax and Pavis, return to Sartar (for the HQG campaigns converted to RGQ) and when join the Hero Wars in 1625.

I have never heard of such a list, but it would be quite useful. Are you seeking the date each scenario is set in? Are you asking for the years/ages covered in historical material? 

For example, the RQ2 rulebook has a timeline that ends at 1613. You could say that it is set in 1613+, yet it also covers information from 1100-1613.

Here is a short list I made while preparing a campaign in the Borderlands (& Beyond). There is a high risk of inaccuracies, some RuneQuest III, HeroWars and HQ1books starting time must be guessed.

RuneQuest II (1613)

Griffin Mountain (1612)

Borderlands & Beyond (1615)

Dorastor: Land of Doom (1617-1621)

Sun County (1621)

River of Cradles (1621)

Shadows on the Borderlands (1621)

Strangers in Prax (1621)

Troll Pack (1621)

Troll Realms (1621)

Snake Pipe Hollow (1621)

Sartar Rising (Barbarian Adventures - Orlanth is Dead - Gathering Thunder) (1621)

Sartar Kingdom of Heroes (1618)

Sartar Companion (1618)

Pavis: Gateway to Adventures (1618)

The Coming Storm (1618-1625)

HeroQuest: Glorantha (1618-1628)

:)

Edited by Corvantir

37 minutes ago, Yelm's Light said:

RQ2, 1613?  Based on what?  Rurik starting as a newbie?

Maybe based on:

6 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

I have never heard of such a list, but it would be quite useful. Are you seeking the date each scenario is set in? Are you asking for the years/ages covered in historical material? 

For example, the RQ2 rulebook has a timeline that ends at 1613. You could say that it is set in 1613+, yet it also covers information from 1100-1613.

1 minute ago, Oracle said:

Maybe based on:

... the RQ2 rulebook has a timeline that ends at 1613.

Yes, exactly, in the original RuneQuest II edition, the timeline ends with Kallyr Starbrow leading a rebellion in 1613.