Six Ages now out on Windows and Mac

MOB

1923394853_ScreenShot2019-10-18at10_13_57am.png.7fdb81a5254cb74c5c15822b3ed770c5.png

The glorious Gloranthan game Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind is now out for Windows and Mac!

Life between myths. Lead your clan into legend or obscurity. Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind is a storybook strategy game, immersing you in a land of old gods and magic.

Available now from Steam and from GOG.

Six Ages is also available on iOS, where it is currently rated 4.82 in the Apple App Store. And it's 'spiritual successor' to the magnificent King of Dragon Pass!

Release date trailer:

• Like 1

• MOB featured this topic
On 10/17/2019 at 7:00 PM, MOB said:

The glorious Gloranthan game Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind is now out for Windows and Mac!

Please let us know when it will be available for Mac OS (not iOS) from the app store please, @MOB. I do not shop at Steam or GOG unfortunately and after 20 years of complaining  that I could not buy KoDP for one reason or another I would like an opportunity to have this in the next couple of years, (not couple of decades... I have already invested two decades of waiting for a Gloranthan Experience on my Mac and I do not have that many decades remaining). Sign me pissed Steamed <grin> about this).

Thanks in advance

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

12 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Please let us know when it will be available for Mac OS (not iOS) from the app store

The Mac app store is notoriously unfriendly to developers, with many limitations and weird downsides. I don't think I've seen many games (or any game for that matter) available on it, so I wouldn't hold my breath. If you only have a Mac and nothing else, I would really recommend you don't wait and just go with GOG, since at least you get a DRM-free game.

• Like 2

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

1 hour ago, lordabdul said:

The Mac app store is notoriously unfriendly to developers, with many limitations and weird downsides. I don't think I've seen many games (or any game for that matter) available on it, so I wouldn't hold my breath. If you only have a Mac and nothing else, I would really recommend you don't wait and just go with GOG, since at least you get a DRM-free game.

Yes, on that part, GOG is by far superior to others.

1 hour ago, lordabdul said:

(or any game for that matter) available on it, so I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Sorry dude, can't let you get away with that. There's plenty of games available on the Mac app store (Categories: Games). Still far from the number of games available for Windows PCs, though, but developers tend to overlook the MacOS market and Apple struggle to get them interested. But TBF, if I was serious about playing games on my iMac, I'd use a VM and install Windows to run them on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cloud64 said:

Sorry dude, can't let you get away with that.

Fair enough! You're right. I only checked the games that I own, where only a couple are available on the Mac App Store. But there are very good technical reasons why game devs are not interested in the Mac at the moment, and very good financial reasons why Apple doesn't care.

Edited by lordabdul

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

@Bill the barbarian Honestly go with GoG to pick it up on Mac. You make a real simple account. can pay with a separate service you already use and you just download the files to install the game without the need for another launcher or digital store installed. I do find it a little ironic though that this game that sat exclusively in Apple's App store for near a year and a half wasn't released for Mac's in Apple's own store.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/19/2019 at 5:40 AM, Brootse said:

Damn, what a fine game!

No idea, I keep hoping it will come out in the App store but not yet... sigh (same with KoDP which I still own but have not been able to play since the early 2000s). Anyone we can summon from A# about.

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

Six Ages is in the App Store for iOS, and is available for macOS from Steam or GOG. Currently, I think working on the next game is higher priority than figuring out the hoops you have to jump through for the Mac App Store.

The Windows version is incompatible with versions of Windows earlier than 10. There is no “blocker,” just an attempt to explain things since Steam lets you buy games that your computer doesn’t have the system requirements for. (Unlike the App Store, just saying.)

• Sad 1