Out now in PDF: The Smoking Ruin & Other Stories

MOB

CHA4039_-_The_Smoking_Ruin_Other_Stories_-_Front_Cover_-_2-_700x900_-_PDF__48543.1577042870_500_659.png.2e876ec89889caacc09b1bb4cb53566a.png

THE SMOKING RUIN is ready to explore: out now in PDF for RuneQuest!

The Smoking Ruin & Other Stories contains ready-to-play adventures, taking adventurers across the untamed South Wilds, a region filled with reclusive villagers, ancient ruins, beast folk, troll spirits, undead, wolf-brothers, dinosaurs, monstrous mercenary companies, living trees, surly river spirits, and worse!

Inside, you’ll find:

• The South Wilds, a description of this dangerous, mysterious region
  • The Wild Temple, the secrets of this sacred Beast Man shrine and its inhabitants
  • The Smoking Ruin, a full-length adventure taking adventurers into haunted streets of the Smoking Ruin in search of a lost artifact
  • The Lost Valley, a secluded refuge hotly contested over by its neighbors
  • Urvantan’s Tower, a full-length adventure in which the fate of the Lost Valley is decided
  • The Grove of Green Rock, a serialized adventure taking place over a span of years

As always, buy the PDF now direct from Chaosium and when the print version is out in a few months you'll get a coupon for the cost of the PDF off the physical book.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• MOB featured this topic

Ok, one question. The pdf costs 18’99 $, but later is added 1’66 $ as taxes? I don’t remember paying taxes for pdfs before. Is there something new? Will that 1’66 $ be included in the coupon for the printed version? I will buy the pdf one way or the other, but I like to know what’s happening in this kind of situations. Thanks a lot.

2 hours ago, Rojo said:

Ok, one question. The pdf costs 18’99 $, but later is added 1’66 $ as taxes? I don’t remember paying taxes for pdfs before. Is there something new? Will that 1’66 $ be included in the coupon for the printed version? I will buy the pdf one way or the other, but I like to know what’s happening in this kind of situations. Thanks a lot.

California residents are charged sales tax. We don’t cover taxes as part of our coupons.

23 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Canadian as well.

3 hours ago, Rojo said:

I’m from Spain.

Should we follow this up, being Canadian I acrtually like to pay taes, but I would much prefer to pay Canadian taxes.

1. Any idea where which Caesar is getting out shekels for their nations taxes/pockets? 
  2. Can we get them back please?
  3. Should we be following this up with @Dustin O'Chaosium intead of bothering you good sir?

Thank you very much in advance MOB!

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

3 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Should we follow this up, being Canadian I acrtually like to pay taes, but I would much prefer to pay Canadian taxes.

I wouldn't worry about it, Bill.

Haven't we already annexed you guys?

If we haven't annexed the Northern Territories yet, we prob'ly will after the next election cycle... your boy Trudeau isn't very good at brown-nosing Herr Drumpf.

C'es ne pas un .sig

I'm still reading it but I'm amazed at how you captured the mood of Glorantha. Each time you put an emphasis on Gloranthan specificities and we lean new ways to bring this world to life the way Greg envisonned it.

Edited by jps
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Zagmuk said:

A request: It would be nice to have the hand-out maps without annotations.

Greetings and welcome to BRP Zagmuk, good call!

Having seen the maps of The One Ring all being done twice (as far as I call tell, all not an orlanthi all), once as Players and once as lore masters. Great. 

1 minute ago, MOB said:

Were you using a VPN? We do not charge taxes in Spain. (Or Canada). Just California.

WaitWaitWait...

Out of all the nations, territories, provinces, states, protectorates, satrapies, what have you...  

JUST California.

• Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

1 minute ago, MOB said:

Chaosium is a California corporation.

Ahhhh!  The original Inc. is there...  So even if Headquarters has moved (though what an "Headquarters" even IS, in a distributed operation like the Chaosium now is seems a bit... abstract...) there's still some legalities to be observed.

C'es ne pas un .sig

Hello, and welcome!

10 hours ago, Zagmuk said:

A request: It would be nice to have the hand-out maps without annotations.

+1 on this.  Very, very much so!

I'd LOVE to be able to hand these out to my players, but I really can't give them GM-centric maps!

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 12/22/2019 at 7:15 PM, MOB said:

California residents are charged sales tax. We don’t cover taxes as part of our coupons.

Thanks MOB a little more digging shows the error as occurring after the Chaosium. I appreciate the speed of your answer!

Cheers

• Like 1